Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The REAL IQ Riddle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Aaah yeah i got it after about 35 minutes, i was gettin worried there for a while. The whole to the left of thing kinda threw me though:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

I got stuck for a good while on trying to figure out which clue to go for next (concentrate on the blends or the countries and drinks or what?) was writing all possibilities into a square on the grid and trying to cross em off - evenually got it though - its a bit of a tuffy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wiggzie

just came across this, good puzzle. used my sudoku skills to solve...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think somebaody said that you may find it easier if you are good at maths because in general people who excel at maths often are uite good at logic and deduction, and not because you need maths to solve it.

Seen this before and never actually tried it. Might give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

it's straightforward enough but what is the point at which the lesser mortals become stuck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

There are two sticky parts that follow each other, where one, as the OP said, has to go from A to C without seeing B.

Just in case:
    The first was when you needed to put the tea-drinking Dane and the Blue-Master-smoking beerhead into houses. Each of them will fit only into either the second or fifth houses. The important thing to note is that whichever way it goes, both of these houses' drink "slots" will be filled, leaving only the Norwegian's drink slot empty. The only remaining drink is water and so you can figure out the second house smokes blends and go from there.

The other case of this is similar, when German/prince and Swede/dogs will fit only into the fourth and fifth houses. Whatever way this turns out, the second house will be the only one left, and thus the only remaining point of refuge for Johnny Denmark.

This will only make sense if you did it exactly as I did... anybody?

Advertisement