Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of things to do - Weddings

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Why don't you make your own? Easy enough to do on Excel or Word.

I did mine on Excel which also incorporated estimates, costs, target dates and actual dates completed. I set up the spreadsheet to do a running total of the costs in sterling and euro as well, as I was organising the wedding from the UK.

Made an attempt and just didnt know where to start! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Brainstorm what needs to be done first. Then put them in order of importance, starting with church, venue, photographer, band/DJ, and so on. As you think of more things to be done, simply add to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Brainstorm what needs to be done first. Then put them in order of importance, starting with church, venue, photographer, band/DJ, and so on. As you think of more things to be done, simply add to the list

Thanks. Been making lists etc so I think I have most of the major things down. Its the laying out of the document I am confused with but I think Im getting there and its not even my bloody wedding!! :eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dovies wrote: »
    Made an attempt and just didnt know where to start! :confused:

I'll pm you my list when i get home to get you started. Add more bits then if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I'v read all the posts and I cannot see anyone mention the fact you need to notify the Register that you intend to marry at least three months before you get married.

This applies to both Religious and civil ceremonies.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/getting_married/notification_requirements_for_marriage.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Gatica

for those looking for to-do lists, budgets and table plans - we used the Mrs2be excel budget planner and the seating tool on www.seatingarrangement.com.

It's an online tool and you have to make sure to save regularly as it's a little buggy and you don't want to lose your work! However, it's free, you don't have to install any SW on your PC and it's a really handy way to lay out your tables and organise who sits where. The hardest bit is typing in all the names in and the fact that it groups families together, so you might need to separate out a family into more than 1 unit - kids and adults for example. It exports to PDF so we found it great to send to our coordinator when giving table names and asking for the layout we wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hi all,
    Is there something that has to be sent away after the wedding? I am told a form has to be returned to the registry office?

Hi all,
    Is there something that has to be sent away after the wedding? I am told a form has to be returned to the registry office?

Yes. The Blue form (or whatever it's called here - I've forgotten). When you go to give notice, you're given a form which your solemniser has to complete. When you're married, you, your spouse, the solemniser, and your witnesses have to sign that form. You then have a month to return to the Office of Births, Marriages and Deaths in order to register the marriage and get your marriage certs. Mine cost E10 each at the time, but think the cost has since gone up.

I'd get three copies of the marriage cert. Costs more to get copies if you lose it after the wedding...

Yes. The Blue form (or whatever it's called here - I've forgotten). When you go to give notice, you're given a form which your solemniser has to complete. When you're married, you, your spouse, the solemniser, and your witnesses have to sign that form. You then have a month to return to the Office of Births, Marriages and Deaths in order to register the marriage and get your marriage certs. Mine cost E10 each at the time, but think the cost has since gone up.

I'd get three copies of the marriage cert. Costs more to get copies if you lose it after the wedding...
    ****, it's now 2 months after our wedding. Didn't think there was paperwork after it. Any idea what the comeback is?

'fraid not. We put ours in the following Monday after the wedding. The priest/registrar should have told you to put the form in...You do know the marriage isn't legal until it's registered?

• Advertisement

SO we have to get married again then?

Fair enough...

Actually, if you read through the link, I was right. It IS one month to return the form. If it is not returned within 56 days, then the Registrar can serve notice that you need to return the form. It is then another 14 days for you to do so...

QUOTE: Registration
    If you get married by civil ceremony, the Registrar who solemnised the marriage will register the marriage with the information on the MRF as soon as possible after the ceremony. If you get married by religious or secular ceremony, you should give the MRF within one month to a Registrar, for the marriage to be registered. It does not have to be returned to the Registrar who issued it.

Under Section 50 of the Civil Registration Act 2004, if the completed MRF is not returned to a Registrar within 56 days of the intended date of marriage recorded on the MRF, the Registrar can serve a notice on you requiring you to return the MRF within 14 days of receiving the notice. If you do not comply with this requirement, the Registrar can serve a notice on you requiring you to attend on a particular date at the office of the Registrar (or other place given in the notice) with the completed MRF. If you are unable to give the MRF to the Registrar when you meet, you have a further 14 days to give it.

You cannot get your civil marriage certificate until the marriage is registered.END OF QUOTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Gatica

Basically return the form ASAP. If you're late, it's better than "never". We were warned that it's a big deal if you lose your form once it's signed, as the marriage is valid once you've signed the form. Returning the form to registrar just enables them to complete the process on their side and register your marriage. Losing the form could mean you may have to go before a judge to get the form again and get the couple and witnesses together again to do the signing, or something to that effect....

Advertisement