Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I am looking for a band/DJ that charges under €1,000 to play at my wedding for 80 guests on Wednesday 29th July in White's Hotel, Wexford. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I am looking for a band/DJ that charges under €1,000 to play at my wedding for 80 guests on Wednesday 29th July in White's Hotel, Wexford. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Ask the hotel for their list, theyed know who's local who might do it for that. I think youd have to set some expectations that youre looking at a 2-3 piece, ask that band then will they DJ afterwards.

if you cant find a band you like at that budget strongly suggest you hire a great DJ which will come in much less than a grand, recommend a guy called "Mr DJ" down there, he's top notch. have a google for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Hi all,

I'm working on a website for The Madisons and thought I'd share their video on here.

"The Madisons are a 5 piece vastly experienced professional band. Performing extensively throughout Ireland at present but have enjoyed much success touring nationally and internationally in recent years. Supplying the perfect mix of music from our vast repertoire of party favourites from all genres guaranteeing a full dance floor all night. The Madisons pride themselves on their top class delivery of entertainment. Choosing us to perform at your Wedding will ensure an unforgettable experience for all in attendance. We endeavour to make it a very special and personalised occasion for every couple who hire us. We are more than happy to tailor what we play to best suit both the couple and their guests and are always happy to perform specific first dance."

Please feel free to contact Brendan with any queries or to discuss any of the packages they can offer you by any of the below...

Brendan... 00 353 (0) 87 664 4725
    info@themadisonsband.com
    themadisonsbookings@gmail.com
    www.themadisonsband.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lizzie71

Wedding Band that dj's also any recommendations?

Lizzie71 wrote: »
    Wedding Band that dj's also any recommendations?

all pro wedding bands have a DJ they work with so dont limit yourself by that.

If youve just started looking, can you post your date and county (no need to to post hotel) and available bands will pm you to help narrow the search.

Look for online feedback, get a quote that suits your budget from 3-4 bands, check their setlists on their websites, (theyll be mostly the same but you might see something you like) most bands will have some feedback over time on the big wedding sites, save a couple of weekends so you can go and view your narrowed list.

If you're still not sure, come back here.

• Advertisement

Looking for band for a Friday wedding, July 2016 in South Donegal. Need to have a wide range of genres in their repertoire to suit all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Anyone know of good soul wedding bands in cork? Wedding in April 2016. Souldriven are unavailable and our budget doesn't stretch to the papa zitas, but looking for something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

pampootie wrote: »
    Anyone know of good soul wedding bands in cork? Wedding in April 2016. Souldriven are unavailable and our budget doesn't stretch to the papa zitas, but looking for something along those lines

The goods? Soul purpose? Most bands will travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Looking for a 2/3 piece trad band to play a two hour set as guests arrive to a wedding reception in Blessington in October of this year. Any bands out there available for a gig or anyone who could recommend a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 the conversation starter

Hi

Looking for a wedding band with DJ included, to play in October of this year in Straffan Co. Kildare.

Price range is 1500-2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hi

Looking for a wedding band with DJ included, to play in October of this year in Straffan Co. Kildare.

Price range is 1500-2000.

Not sure how much they'd charge, but try;

www.thebiggenerator.ie, or www.uploadband.com

*have to check the second link......will edit if incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 the conversation starter

Not sure how much they'd charge, but try;

*have to check the second link......will edit if incorrect.

Thanks for your help Mental Mickey, that band Upload look good, I'll give them a shout .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

We were married 18 months ago and used a band called The Great Escape. Can't remember how much they were but it was less than 2k for band and dj. Couldn't recommend them highly enough, dance floor was full all night and they are great craic. They have studio days where you can go see them and have them play songs that you are thinking of having. Check them out you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thanks for your help Mental Mickey, that band Upload look good, I'll give them a shout .

Two of them were former members of a band called Glyder

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Luna78

Hi looking for a wedding band for oct 30th in Wexford. More rock influenced rather than country if possible. Thanks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

We had a band called Time Machine, they're based in the Meath area.

They're absolutely brilliant!!! Our dancefloor was packed all night.

Can't recommend them highly enough :D

PM me for contact details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

xzanti wrote: »
    We had a band called Time Machine, they're based in the Meath area.

They're absolutely brilliant!!! Our dancefloor was packed all night.

Can't recommend them highly enough :D

PM me for contact details :)

They are a class band.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ladybug1

Hi I'm looking for a dj to play a full evening on the 6th nov in swords.

Not having a band and would like mixed music.

Please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jayk69

Hi,

Getting married St Patrick's day 2016 in Cavan and on a tight budget, but I know the band is essential for the night, I'm looking for band that plays everything and a bit of trad cause of the day that's in it. Not a full trad session, a little sprinkle of it. Budget wise, we'd kinda need the band and dj covered for the guts of 1800. Any suggestions or recommendations? Will I be able to find a decent band for this price?

Jayk69 wrote: »
    Hi,

Getting married St Patrick's day 2016 in Cavan and on a tight budget, but I know the band is essential for the night, I'm looking for band that plays everything and a bit of trad cause of the day that's in it. Not a full trad session, a little sprinkle of it. Budget wise, we'd kinda need the band and dj covered for the guts of 1800. Any suggestions or recommendations? Will I be able to find a decent band for this price?

very doable. stick to that budget and you'll get someone. go through the bands on here and youll find some really good ones for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Villa82

Hi All

Getting married in 3 months and have booked Xtra Mile Wedding Band. Just wondering if anyone has ever had them? I've just gone onto their website and noticed its suspended and I'm getting a little worried.
    I can't seen anything of them performing lately in 2015 on their Facebook page or YouTube.

Anyone that has heard or seen them and could give feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Villa82 wrote: »
    Hi All

Getting married in 3 months and have booked Xtra Mile Wedding Band. Just wondering if anyone has ever had them? I've just gone onto their website and noticed its suspended and I'm getting a little worried.
    I can't seen anything of them performing lately in 2015 on their Facebook page or YouTube.

Anyone that has heard or seen them and could give feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Bands are notoriously bad at updating facebook and websites. Someone may just have forgot to pay the bill for the .ie website, that happens a lot no matter what the website. Ring them and see what the story is. They're around a good while so doubt they just dropped off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Any decent band worth their salt will update social media all the time. It's a major selling tool!

If they 'forget' will they forget your event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Anyone have any recommendations for a small band who can still produce a good sound? we have a TINY function room booked and will defo have a DJ but wouldn't mind a couple hours of a small band who can squeeze in a tight space. Trying to avoid the sound of the 'guitar duo singing rebel songs in Temple Bar tourist traps' type arrangement tho… Not sure if it's possible

etymon wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for a small band who can still produce a good sound? we have a TINY function room booked and will defo have a DJ but wouldn't mind a couple hours of a small band who can squeeze in a tight space. Trying to avoid the sound of the 'guitar duo singing rebel songs in Temple Bar tourist traps' type arrangement tho… Not sure if it's possible

Its doable. have a look for the funky buskers. 3 piece.

etymon wrote: »

If you get a good professional DJ that can read the crowd and entertain, it would be better than having any form of a band there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi all, we had an awesome band called The Goodfellas, at our wedding 2 years ago. Have just received an email from them saying ye hey have now changed their name to 'The Favours'. I've €100 voucher they've sent me to give to someone who books them for their wedding. So if anyone ends up booking them, PM and I'll forward you on the voucher. I'm probably biased but I have to say they were class! :)

2 bands operating under the 'goodfellas' name. 1 from the north and 1 south. Always thought it was a good name. Disappointed Mick and co would change their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

2 bands operating under the 'goodfellas' name. 1 from the north and 1 south. Always thought it was a good name. Disappointed Mick and co would change their name.

Agree. Goodfellas a way better name then what they've changed it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Thought that was the name of the band for a second!

Advertisement