Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dodgylegs

Has anyone got any feedback on any of these bands?

Recoil: http://www.recoilweddingband.com/
    From venus to mars: http://www.fromvenustomars.com/home
    Dream day wedding band: http://www.dreamdayweddingband.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 happysmurfette

Hi all, first time poster & looking for some help. We are looking for a band for our wedding in Co Clare in April 2016. I know its ages away but want to get a band that will keep the floor full for the night and afraid if dont book soon we wont get good band. We are looking for a band that will play a bit of everything but just dont know where to start. Any one with any suggestions/quotes please pm me.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking for recommendations for a DJ in Limerick - wedding in May 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hey, looking for recommendations for a band for a New Years eve 2015 wedding in Wicklow. Obviously we are looking for a band that wont try and take us for a ride due to the night that is in it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tt2014

anyone available on the 2nd august for a wedding in dublin? budget of 1200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

11th Oct North County Dublin, any available - small budget though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Bit of a long shot... But do any of you know of musicians that play 1920's/30's dixieland jazz/vaudeville/ragtime? For July wedding drinks reception music in Louth next year. Instrumental only. We don't want a singer. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Hi Looking for a band for my wedding in Finnstown Castle hotel 18th June 2015. Not looking for tina turner/Joe dolan type of bands. More AC/DC, guns n roses and some of the usual modern floor fillers. Budget is in and around 2k, no DJ needed. PM me some info if anyone available cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 itsjustaride

Hi, looking for an all-night dj to play 4th Dec 2014 in Dublin.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Hi Looking for a band for my wedding in Finnstown Castle hotel 18th June 2015. Not looking for tina turner/Joe dolan type of bands. More AC/DC, guns n roses and some of the usual modern floor fillers. Budget is in and around 2k, no DJ needed. PM me some info if anyone available cheers

Twisted Ninja could be one for you. We viewed them, very good and very nice lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mblay

Hi ,looking for a wedding band for late next year ,tried blue moose but they are booked. Anyone know any similar style bands ?venue in co. Louth , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Was at a wedding last year and a band called Goodfellas played. Think they are from the north but they were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Transmitter we had them for our wedding great band there from portlaois we had reception in kingscourt! transmitter.ie I think is there website everyone young and old thought they were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mblay

Thanks !il look them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SpartanKiller

Hi,
    We're looking for a band and dj to play in Tipperary on 16th October 2015. Hoping they'll play a few older songs first to keep the older guests happy and then play more modern stuff. Not in swing bands or jazz type stuff. We'd like the dj to play modern electro with some thrashy dance songs in there too!!

Also looking for an trad band to play at the reception.

All recommendations welcome. Please PM me.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Hi,

The Ruby Kings are a Dublin based cover band. We are currently available for bookings.

We pride ourselves on being a versatile band that can cater for any occasion: Weddings, Private parties/functions, Pubs.
    Our set list spans from the classics of the 60's right through to todays hits and is ever growing. Whether you're looking for an energetic live band for a Friday night or a more intimate acoustic session for those Sunday afternoons,
    The Ruby Kings are the band for the occasion.

For more information on the band please log onto:

www.therubykings.com

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ruby-Kings/659474524079101?ref=br_tf

Listen

http://www.reverbnation.com/therubykings

You can contact us by email at:

therubykings@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Has anyone used Explosive Dj !Would love to hear feedback thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Looking for a Dj for a wedding in Glebe House, Dowth, Co. Meath on Aug 22 2015.

No band so will want DJ for whole night. We are looking for someone who plays alternative music, oldies (beatles, stones etc), Motown. Basically want the night to reflect the music we both like, but still want folks to dance the night away.

We would love to hear from any available djs who might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Wedding 21/08/15

Co Louth

Anyone suggest any good bands or any bands interested PM me with quote and links to performances

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dougie75

Hi,
    New to the boards, planning a wedding so looking for a bit of advice. I've been looking at bands for our wedding and haven't seen any reviews for the band we are looking at since 2012. Has anybody been at a wedding where "The Lols" have played recently or has anybody had them for their wedding?

If really appreciate any feedback anyone could give please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Villa82

Looking at wedding bands for September 2015.

We really like Blush Band and Perfect Day Band. Has anyone seen either or both of these bands that might be able to provide some feedback on?

We seen Blush Band perform at a showcase and thought they were great and girl lead singer was very impressive but just wondered if they would be good interacting with audience.

Any feedback anyone might have on both bands would be great.

Thanks a lot,
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm getting married October2015 in Castle Durrow looking for any recommendations on a band who can play mainly irish country music?

Budget 1,500 - 2k ideally with DJ included

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Anyone been to a wedding with Perfect day or Party Kings - Its a toss up between these two at the minute for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Anyone been to a wedding with Perfect day or Party Kings - Its a toss up between these two at the minute for me!
    They're both great. Any given night very little difference between the 2 of them. I'd go on budget to make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just got married last Saturday in Cork and want to give a couple of recommendations. Firstly we had Caroline Fraher sing in the church and she was absolutely fantastic. She's a trained soprano but also has a great traditional quality to here voice, completely different to many other singers out there. We had a mixture of clasical and more modern hymns, some in English, some in Irish and even a couple in Italian and she sang them all beautifully. Please check her out if you're looking for a wedding singer, especially in Munster.

We then had Beatclub from Dublin for the band. Now we had set ourselves up for a fall as we've been raving about how good they were to all our guests since we booked them so expectations were high. I'm glad to say that all expectations were exceeded and they were simply amazing. The best band I've seen play at any wedding or corporate gig. They play what I consider real music, the best of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, from Al Green for the first dance to a Beach Boys medley, Beatles, David Bowie, Frankie Valli, Chuck Berry, ELO, The Cure, Smokey Robinson and even a bit of Pulp. Best of all every song sounds as if it's from the actual recording. Children from as young as 6 to adults as old as 80 were all dancing too. I felt bad for the DJ as the crowd had hardly any energy left after their gig! They're not cheap but you get absolutely what you pay for, but they're still cheaper than some of the other popular bands that you see mentioned all the time. If you're interested in the type of music that they play definitely check them out, and go see them play live if you can. They don't bother with showcases though, they don't need to, go see them at a live gig and see how well they go down.

Anyway that's my two cents. I need to finish packing for the honeymoon tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ally_0

Band wanted for wedding in Donegal 09/07/2015

Hi, we are looking for the entertainment for our wedding next July. Wouldn't mind something a little different, but are open to everything. Essentially looking for budget friendly, lively band, trad group or DJ with good presence. Hope you can help. PM welcome

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

Hi, We are looking for a band and dj for march 2016 with a budget of 1500 euro, with a good mix of modern and classics to fill the dance floor, please pm if interested! thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Looking for a band in North County Dublin for 13th June 2015. PM me if available

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Looking for a band - soul or 50's-90's mix setlist - to play a wedding October 31st 2015 in Blessington. Any suggestions are appreciated and any bands feel free to p.m. with videos and quotes.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Looking for band/DJ for 6th of June 2015 for reception in springfort hall mallow.looking to cover all bases from waltzes to modern. Pm please

Advertisement