Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package on the Doorstep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The reason they never drop in the package and only drop in a note is due to the fact that they never bring the package out of the sorting office on their rounds in the first place - it makes their trip a lot lighter and less awkward. A lot of them pre write the notes before heading off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I ordered a DVD boxset from DVD soon a few years ago. It never arrived and I complained to DVD soon and they sent me out another one which did arrive. Some 12 months later we had sold our house and were packing up all our stuff. I picked up the plant pot outside our front door and found the DVD box set inside!!!!!! It was wet and grubby but the dvd inside was fine. Our local postman never gets us to sign for registered mail. He always signs it himself and then posts the letter through the letterbox!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

xzanti wrote:
    That reminds me of Dunnes Stores.. Friend of mine ordered her shopping for home delivery and she wasn't back on time... So the delivery boy left her bags on her door step and when she came home her shopping was torn all over her road by dogs.. She was livid, needless to say she went crazy at them and got a load of free shopping...

Another reason why dogs suck.

The delivery dude has to take a share of the blame but so do the hateful dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I remember being told that the first time you get a package An Post will attempt to deliver to you. If there's nobody home they will leave the note and all subsequent deliveries will not be attempted.

Instead will either a) leave the note (if they don't have the package) or b) leave the package on the doorstep without ringing the bell.

When our son was born in April a number of relatives sent baby clothes as presents. On six occasions a note was left through the door, the other four saw the package on the doorstep. In all ten instances there was somebody at home.

It would appear that this 'first time delivery' is a test of some sort.

I order lots of DVDs and CDs off the internet and get everything sent to work. Far easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Tazz T wrote:

AnPost is bloody inefficient, far too expensive and shoiuld be disbanded or privatised.
    Admittedly off topic, but yeah I couldn't agree more, I went ot buy a Postal Order a ferw days ago and was told that they don't take credit cards; this was in the GPO.
    No wonder they are losign money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Another reason why dogs suck.

The delivery dude has to take a share of the blame but so do the hateful dogs.
    In fairness she wasn't back on time, why should the delivery boy wait if whe is late. He was stuck in an unfortunate situation, leave the stuff there or take teh shoppign with him and have her complain that it was never delivered.

It was the customer who started the whole problem.

Advertisement