Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up Round 4

Options
  • 28-06-2006 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭

Ok- you can get cracking with your games. Cept for Dev, who couldn't control himself.

headsup.jpg

jd

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oooh, just some tasty looking matches there. I hate to do it but here are my predictions for the last 8

HJ vs Spiritus: Hector (sorry Spiritus, I think it will be close, 2:1 but I think HJ will come through).
    StaringElf vs CoD: CoD (impressed at the Grand Slam and I dont know StaringElf's game)

RT vs FatTony oooh, too close to call. If you put a gun to my head I'd say RT.

BP! vs Imposter: Imposter. But I dont think I've ever played BP!...

DeV vs Cardshark: I'd put my bankroll on DeV. :P

Iago vs DaveyDevil: Much like England in the world cup, someone has to put Iago out. But with DD's reknowned bad luck.... yeah I think DD will squeak this.

NTLBell to win both his games and go through. 'Mon NTL, dont make a liar of me!

Rag2gar vs TheAceFace: Another tough one but TheAceFace to go through.

This is just a bit of fun, I hope noone is offended. I don't suppose there is a chance of getting everyone in a room at some stage to play the last few rounds.... ?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

DeVore wrote:
    I don't suppose there is a chance of getting everyone in a room at some stage to play the last few rounds.... ?
    I'd say it'd be the easiest thing in the world to organise! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Or even if people post when they will be playing their matches online, on Stars or wherever so we can go and support/heckle/insult mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭jd

Just 7 matches to play in this round.

How are people getting on in organising theuir matches.
    If possible could people post where and when they will be playing

eg Paddypower $1 1x1 table Friday 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭An Gaiscíoch

Myself and NTLBELL are currently at 1-0 from last week but I've had numerous problems with vegas baby poker and it now wont let me deposit any money so I'm offering him a walkover if he wishes to accept. (Technically I'll still be undefeated. . . hahahahahahaha, evil laugh . . .)

It's disappointing but I hope my fellow Paddy Power employees will my understand my decision !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭staringelf

jd wrote:
    Just 7 matches to play in this round.

How are people getting on in organising theuir matches.
    If possible could people post where and when they will be playing

eg Paddypower $1 1x1 table Friday 8pm

me and CoD do battle tomorrow (thurs) night at 7pm on paddy power. i think we're playing a best of 3 5+.50 game with the normal 8 min blinds or whatever they are. hecklers and mother insults are welcomed. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

Cheers DeV, 30mins to go... no nerves yet :P Feeling confident!
    Tho after being this cocky i deserve to go out!

CoD gave me a 2-0 hammering. not one to moan but arrrrrgh!! he sucked out on me in 4 big hands the big luckbox....:D ;)
    no, seriously, wp CoD, very solid, i can see why you won it last year. i played one or two hands particularly poorly in hindsight. gl in the next round. the defending champion is on a roll. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

yeh i didnt get many hands and played my good ones preflop badly, thought i was ok postflop, i did get alot of luck along the way too! lol

staringelf was very good confused me in the first game, tho thru showing me that bluff and talking too much in chat i kinda thought i had figured u out the 2nd game :P
    wp, i think u shud play heads ups, u'd prob win at $100's no probs.

Spreadsheet updated-see image above or
    http://www.calligrafont.com/john/headsupresults.xls

• Advertisement

CoD wrote:
    yeh i didnt get many hands and played my good ones preflop badly, thought i was ok postflop, i did get alot of luck along the way too! lol

staringelf was very good confused me in the first game, tho thru showing me that bluff and talking too much in chat i kinda thought i had figured u out the 2nd game :P
    wp, i think u shud play heads ups, u'd prob win at $100's no probs.

cheers,
    actually that bluff showed automatically because of my account settings. i never play on ppp so i didn't have the fold losing hand option ticked. knew it wouldn't help my image when i showed it :(

don't think i'll start heads up tourneys any time soon. i'm doing ok at the party 215's and thats where im staying for now :) gl man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I beat BP 2-0.

Got a 'tad' lucky with the big hands! GG BP ul.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Well looks like Dev's predictions are right so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Ste05 wrote:
    Well looks like Dev's predictions are right so far....

shame it's going to come crashing down when me and Davey Devil play ;) amazing what a bribe can still achieve these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bp!

Imposter wrote:
    I beat BP 2-0.

Got a 'tad' lucky with the big hands! GG BP ul.

GG Colm, was fun and ya played well ..GG

Davey Devil beat me 2-1 so it's turns out that Tom might be psychic after all, any chance of getting Wednesdays lotto numbers Tom??

wp Davey, gl for the rest

So half the round four games have been completed. Any news on the schedule for the other four?
    jd

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

4 8 15 16 23 42

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    4 8 15 16 23 42

DeV.

lol Season 3 doesn't start until oct and I'm damned if I'm using those numbers before I see what damage they really do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CharlieAsh

NtlBell and myself are playing tomorrow or wednesday evening on VegasBaby.I'll post the time of the game here tomorrow.Seems i'm doomed to failure as Dev has already predicted my imminent defeat.:) Ah well...........

• Advertisement

a player in the Fitz got very annoyed with me when he proclaimed his opponent "draw dead" a few times. I pointed out that the opponent could river a ... *bam* instato-outdraw!
    I eventually had to ask him if he really thought my vocal chords were connected to the probabilities of the universe and he shut up. :)

I havent played you Charlie so I dunno, you could be Phil Ivey for all I know. But NTLBell I do know is better then average hence my choice :)

DeV.

No..........your prediction could be right as i'm no Phil Ivey.More like a Phil Jupitus or Phil Hartman.I'll even add extra smiley faces this time so you will realise i was joking the first time. :D:):D:):D:) (no offence was intended nor was i annoyed).Looking forward to the game against NtlBell. In Cardiff all weekend on a stag so hopefully the mind will be working at full capacity(such as it is) by tomorrow evening.

Now i'm off to lose money in GJPs monday night game in Drogheda.

Okay myself and ntlbell are playing at 8pm on thursday on vegasbaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I beat spiritus in a very close game

CharlieAsh wrote:
    Okay myself and ntlbell are playing at 8pm on thursday on vegasbaby.

and??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

jd wrote:
    and??

Sorry, this will be played over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

rag2gar receives bye over the ace face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭fattony99

Anyone know Roundtower2? Trying to get in touch to organise match but no replies to pm's yet.

Myself and NTLbell playing right now on vegasbaby and the damn thing closed down all games.Should be back up in 5mins or so.

• Advertisement

We just finished up. 2-0 to me with a lucky river card in the second game that made both of us straights but with me holding the higher one.Good game.

Advertisement