Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots allowed make decision on N32 bus lane!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bebebobo wrote:
    My guess, off the top of my head, is that maybe given that the road has a national status 'N' then maybe it requires a breakdown / emergency lane by specification.

I don't think that's the case. I've seen plenty of stretches along N-roads with no hard shoulder.

This reeks of bureaucratic inflexibility. "It was hard shoulder before, it must be a hard shoulder now".
    darkman2 wrote:
    F**king thick DCC. Sack the whole lot of them.

It's the NRA's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

bibibobo wrote:
    ...maybe given that the road has a national status 'N' then maybe it requires a breakdown / emergency lane by specification...
    I know where you're coming from but even if this was the case then I think somebody could have the cop-on to change the status of the road to allow the required improvements to be completed.

I can just picture them all sitting around a table and making that decision, and not one of them clever enough to say, "Well hang on a minute, just because it was a hard shoulder before, maybe we should see what would work best now!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

darkman2 wrote:
    F**king thick DCC. Sack the whole lot of them. Why are we subjected to this stupidity.:mad:

Did you bother to read the article or this thread before posting that comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

as part of this,
    whats happening with the "bus lane" from the n32 roundabout that extends up the on-ramp to m50 / m1 roundabout?

if they make that a hard shoulder theyve lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

subway wrote:
    as part of this,
    whats happening with the "bus lane" from the n32 roundabout that extends up the on-ramp to m50 / m1 roundabout?

if they make that a hard shoulder theyve lost the plot.
    That's interesting alright. Is this part of the N32 as well? You're right, if this goes hard shoulder then that roundabout will virtually be a no-go area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

bibibobo wrote:
    On the new M1 junction with the N1/R132 Donabate / Lissenhall Junction there is a roundabout which is overloaded at peak times and is going to be replaced by, guess what, Traffic lights!!! Bunch of bleedin wasters throwing money at problems. I think the job should be done once and done right.
    A friend on Cork told me that the roundabout at the N8/N25 junction recently got traffic lights and it has improved traffic flow greatly!! This surprised me as all my experiences here in Dublin have been the opposite.
    Apparently drivers no longer need to think too hard about when to enter the roundabout - they just follow the light sequence - it does the thinking for them :p

Unfortunately the lane markings are very strange - you are forced to move left unexpectedly and can easily end up in the wrong lane (as I found last weekend).

The best thing is to contact the NRA or Fingal CoCo about the M1/R132 junction. They might have a good, non-obvious, reason for installing lights.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Why dont you all do something about it and contact the NRA and complain!

http://www.nra.ie/AboutUs/ContactInformation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Itw as Hard Shoulder before it was a bus lane. Also I go to school at belcamp College and there is a lot of buses using the bus lane from what I can see. The bus going into service from Harristown, the 747/8 use it. School Buses use it, as do Taxis...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

There was definitely a cycle lane before the bus lane. Found this under a google search:
    http://www.brodysweeney.ie/solutions.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Taximen won't be happy!

Welcome to bottleneck city :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No need to be getting excited people. There is a new east-west distributor road going in and a total new road structure and upgrade on the cards.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Transportation/NewRoadConstructionSchemes/ProposedRealignmentScheme/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Bluetonic wrote:
    No need to be getting excited people. There is a new east-west distributor road going in and a total new road structure and upgrade on the cards.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Transportation/NewRoadConstructionSchemes/ProposedRealignmentScheme/

Ah well then you just have to put up with **** for 10 to 20 years and then there will be a new road for them to make a complete bollox of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Scrum 5

Well I've e-mailed my local councillors about it. To be fair two of them replied. :)

One seemed more annoyed then me and has made contact with Dublin City Council.:eek:

Ah but it’s the NRA I should contact I hear you say. That's what the other councillor said to me. So I did contact them who in turn said I need to contact Dublin City Council. :confused:

So come on people you've contacted this board about it why not send a quick mail to your local councillors??

It may just work!

Advertisement