Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag Football In Ireland

Options
  • 27-06-2006 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

FLAG FOOTBALL IS THE NFL RULES 5V5 NON CONTACT GAME THAT IS A GROWING SPORT IN IRELAND AND IS A FIRST STEP TO LEARNING AND PLAYING AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

WE WILL HAVE A TOURNAMENT ON THE 1st JULY AT ALSAA FOR SENIOR AND JUNIOR TEAMS.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

TITAN #1 wrote:
    FLAG FOOTBALL IS THE NFL RULES 5V5 NON CONTACT GAME THAT IS A GROWING SPORT IN IRELAND AND IS A FIRST STEP TO LEARNING AND PLAYING AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

WE WILL HAVE A TOURNAMENT ON THE 1st JULY AT ALSAA FOR SENIOR AND JUNIOR TEAMS.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

What time does it all kick off at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

First Games Are Due To Start At 1 Pm......oops, Missed That Bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

anyone looking to get a little fitter and have a laugh the Dublin city 86ers flag american football team (along the lines of tag rugby) are looking for players, it doesn't matter about your level of fitness, all welcome (men and women) we usually train in glasnevin on a Saturday morning (and as soon as the evenings pick up a weekday evening) please pass this on to your friends also thanks and find us on facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/DublinCity86ers

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Hi OP.

What rules do you play by. What age groups. How many per side etc. Are you in a league? Is there a website other than the facebook page for the team (blocked in work)

• Advertisement

Hi poldebruin,

We play by the European 5 a side flag rules ,as in the title its 5 a side, teams will try and have 10+ players on game day for offence and defence but everyone will get to play during a game. There is an official league run in conjunction with the IAFA but we also run independent tournaments with teams throughout the country, currently there are plans to have a mini league towards the end of March. The team will accept players from 16 up, no cap on the age, people under 18 do have to wear gum shields during matches though (optional for over 18's). We don’t have a website at the moment unfortunately but if you have any more questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
    Jason 86.

The 86ers will be holding an open training session on saturday march 24th at wadelai park glasnevin (behind the matt weldon) all newcomers welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The 86ers will be holding an open training session on saturday march 24th at wadelai park glasnevin (behind the matt weldon) all newcomers welcome.

away this weekend but would be keen to join you next weekend if you're going again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've got a football match this Sat unfortunately. What time would this be at?

Sorry the training is 10-12 this saturday, we should be getting a mid week training session going also in the evenings soon enough I will keep you updated.

• Advertisement

If you are interested in coming down but cant make this weekend or can only do weekdays let me know as we are always looking for new team members.

weekends normally suit me better (just not this weekend) but might be able to make weekday depending on day/time.

Hi McG we should have 2 training days during the the summer (peoples work depending) if you email eightysixersfootball@gmail.com with your email and or phone number, we will add you to our contact list. the weekdays are light dependednt so the initial ones will be 6/7-8 then moving to 7-9 as it gets brighter.

The Dublin city 86ers will be training again on sunday the 1st of april 10-12 at wadelai Park Glasnevin (behind the Matt weldon pub) all newcomers welcome to come down and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

The Dublin city 86ers will be training again on sunday the 1st of april 10-12 at wadelai Park Glasnevin (behind the Matt weldon pub) all newcomers welcome to come down and play.

just recently got into American football watching alot of last season. Also lookin to lose a few pounds and and in the city centre so this sounds ideal.. Unfortuately I've a problem with my knee at the minute will definatly take part once mended. but would like to take a look at the training anyway.. Is it possible to join in later down the season as I'm not fit to play/ train now?

Gmpd wrote: »
    just recently got into American football watching alot of last season. Also lookin to lose a few pounds and and in the city centre so this sounds ideal.. Unfortuately I've a problem with my knee at the minute will definatly take part once mended. but would like to take a look at the training anyway.. Is it possible to join in later down the season as I'm not fit to play/ train now?

Hi Gmpd, thats no bother, we are taking on new members whenever we can. your more than welcome to come down to one of the trainin sessions and join when you are able to run. we should have mid weeks starting up soon enough also.

Just a reminder that the 86ers will be training this SUNDAY april 1st (no joke) form 10-12 all newcomers welcome. Wadelai Park Glasnevin behind the matt weldon pub.

Sorry due to unforeseen ciircumstances training is cancelled. Hopefully therevwill be something Easter weekend, will keep you posted.

Sorry due to unforeseen ciircumstances training is cancelled. Hopefully therevwill be something Easter weekend, will keep you posted.

That's a shame, was really looking forward to it. I'm away for Easter weekend but hopefully will be able to join you at some point before it's too late.

McG wrote: »
    That's a shame, was really looking forward to it. I'm away for Easter weekend but hopefully will be able to join you at some point before it's too late.

Hi really sorry bout that, Good to hear your were planning to come down. it is never to late to come down we will welcome you any week.

• Advertisement

any newcomers interested coming down to play flag this sunday? trying to work out the numbers so if interested please reply. 86!

any newcomers interested coming down to play flag this sunday? trying to work out the numbers so if interested please reply. 86!

I'm still on for it. Picked up a dead leg at football last night but hopefully that'll be cleared for Sunday... it's making stairs and getting of of my chair a challenge today.

The 86ers will be training this sunday april 15th at Wadelai park (behind the matt weldon pub) at 10-12 anyone interested in coming down please do or if you know anyone interested pass on the details. Bus routes that serve training pitch: 4, 9, 11, 13, 17a. If you need further information on how to get to the pitch let me know. Jason 86!

Are we ok to just turn up or do we need to let you know first?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Are we ok to just turn up or do we need to let you know first?

No you're ok to turn up obviously its handy to know if you are coming so we know to keep an eye out for people.

McG wrote: »
    I'm still on for it. Picked up a dead leg at football last night but hopefully that'll be cleared for Sunday... it's making stairs and getting of of my chair a challenge today.

hope to see you sunday!

Hi Jason,

I sent you a pm. Thanks :)

The 86ers will be training again this Sunday 22nd at wadelai park Glasnevin from 11-1. if any newcomers would like to come down you are more than welcome to. Jason 86!

The 86ers will be looking to start up a mid week training session in the coming weeks. If you would be interested in coming down (newcomers welcome) 7-9 weeday reply to this post and also what day/s suit you. 86!

• Advertisement

The 86ers will be training again this Sunday the 29th at 11am till 1pm, Wadelai Park Glasnevin. if you are interested please come down everyone is welcome, so if you fancy a run around and a laugh come on down. 86!

Advertisement