Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fas sound engineering course

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Also got a place on the course, Savage. Cant wait for it to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

The only place you can do the interview is in kerry i imagine?
    Could it be done in Cork?

This is totally last minute, but id nearly go for it anyway if there was a place left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hollaballoo

Does anybody have a link to a website with information about this course? I have been trying to find out more about it recently but not having much luck.

Nope dont know any websites but if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I have just left the course to head back to college myself but id deffinatly reccomend it, the amount you learn is CRAZY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Does anybody have a link to a website with information about this course? I have been trying to find out more about it recently but not having much luck.

Well.....

If it's Fas

and it's in Tralee.

How's about calling Fas, Tralee? Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

PaulBrewer a previous poster said they rang and they weren't very helpful, sometimes it's just handy to look up a website and you can go back and look it up as often as you want...

Thanks Patricide... Did you find that the course was as comprehensive as the private courses on offer? Another poster said the tutors weren't too sure what the content of the course was going to be so this makes me think it might be quite basic and might not cover as many aspects of sound engineering as some of the other courses.

Well i can tell you that the course is extremely comprehensive. During my time there i learned a load from live sound to studio to sound theory and there doing electronics in a few weeks so it pretty much goes into every aspect.

The only thing that might be a bit of a downside to you is that pro tools wouldnt be as used as much in the course, its leaning more twords logic 7 and 8 as there arent enough mbox's to go around. I used pro tools for a few weeks and couldnt stand the thing but its industry standard so if your serious about getting a job in a studio ask to be assigned to a protools station.

Somthing they also really go into is sound safety, and if i come out with nothing else from the course its how to look after me ears. Doesnt sound too entertaining but trust me if your in an industry where your ears are your tools its important as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

PaulBrewer a previous poster said they rang and they weren't very helpful, sometimes it's just handy to look up a website and you can go back and look it up as often as you want...

Thanks Patricide... Did you find that the course was as comprehensive as the private courses on offer? Another poster said the tutors weren't too sure what the content of the course was going to be so this makes me think it might be quite basic and might not cover as many aspects of sound engineering as some of the other courses.

Ah, I'm only being a smartarse!

Really though, as it's early days down there it's unlikely there'll be enough spare effort about to make an up to date website. Keep bangin away on the phone.

Yeah you're right, guess it's no harm to pick up the phone :)

Thanks Patricide, that's useful to know about pro tools. Think i'll keep looking into everything that's available, I have a bit of time as I don't plan on starting a course until late next year/following year.

The best way to get info is to call down to the fas office down in tralee town they gave me a good bit o info. Just keep on drilling into them and youl eventually get an answer!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement