Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 1X01 - "Pilot" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 20-06-2006 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "PILOT" -

Episode Title: "Pilot"
    Airdate: June 20th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.com): {EDITED]

Michael Scofield, a structural engineer, attempts to rob a bank in order to get incarcerated at Fox River State Penitentiary, where his brother Lincoln Burrows, accused of murdering the Vice President's brother, is scheduled to be executed.

Next Episode: 1X02 - "Allen" - June 27th 2006

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Had to edit TV.com's description as it pretty much gave a play-by-play account of the first episode! :rolleyes:

Anyways, enjoy it all!

PS - Starts at 10.20pm tonight.. i'd assume after World Cup coverage it'll have the normal 10pm slot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Funny how the first episode of Prison Break is called 'Pilot' and so was the first episode of Lost...

Hope you're kidding with that comment!

Otherwise..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Well there's something I never knew :o
    I always thought it was called something different...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

oh my god!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

:rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jello wrote:
    Funny how the first episode of Prison Break is called 'Pilot' and so was the first episode of Lost...

lol, comedic gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The first episode isn't the greatest imo but it gets really good next week.

I thought the first 2/3 episodes were weak/slow enough and i was about to give it up on it but then the pace really picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yep.
    Just to advise people not to give up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good episode to ease people in, before it starts taking off at a million miles an episode!

Yep.. agree with the quite slow at first sentiment.

Saw the first episode this time last year (as this post reveals) as a screener was leaked and though it was promising but little did i know it'd turn out to be unquestionably the best new show of last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Well i thought the pace was pretty fast!But then again the only other tv series I am watching at the mioment is Lost. Good to see Peter Stormare again. I enjoyed it anyway although the premise is slightly tenuous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Not that impressed to be honest.

Something that struck me as really silly was the fact that nobody in authority copped on to the fact that his brother was in the same prison sentenced for death in a month’s time. Here is a guy who never has been in trouble before, very smart, successful etc. all of a sudden he decides to hold up a bank even though he has 500,000 in an account (at least that’s what I presumed the bank teller said when he was holding up the bank) and he then does not put any defense up in court and nobody put two and two together??

I dunno just strikes me as really silly. But I keep watching the next few episodes to see if it improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Well as a first timer I thought it was quite good. But then again the two brothers are very easy on the eye ;) . It looks alright and am looking forward to more. Glad to hear it speeds up a bit, like 24 then, not another lost.

Lmao about the pilot :D , but then again was the actual pilot of lost in the first episode. Can't remember. Wtf about all the other shows that didn't have pilots in their 'pilots'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Hi all. This is my first visit to the 'Prison Break' forum so I hope you'll all go easy on me! ;):D

Big fan of '24' here and I've been hearing a lot about 'Prison Break' in various '24' forums so I thought I'd watch the first episode tonight on RTE and see what all the hype was about. As other's have already said, it seemed like the first episode was a bit of a slow burner alright but I suppose it was all about just kind of setting up the plot and introducing us to the characters, so I'm going to keep watching it and I'm sure things will pick up, as other's have said, after the initial first few episodes. Having said that, though, it looks pretty good already and, like '24', it looks like there's probably going to be a lot of twists and turns in the plot (just like tonight at the end with the
    tattoo blueprints
    . Thought that was a great little twist alright. :D ). I wouldn't be surprised if I end up becoming just as big a 'Prison Break' fan as I am a '24' fan by the end of the series. And, if that happens, God help everybody who comes near me because I won't be able to shut up talking about it all the time as well! :D

By the way, how many episodes are in this series? I don't want to go Googling or anything for fear of coming across spoilers so if any of you could tell me, I'd much appreciate it. Just wondering how long this series is going to run on RTE 2. Probably throughout the entire summer so that it'll be finished just in time before the new Autumn schedule starts, would I be right in guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

looks like there are 22 episodes in Seaon 1, therefore roughly, with no RTE sh it, it should end on 3rd week of Nov. Think I will be getting it on Amazon on
    8th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

22 eps in the season.

good watching the first episode again,I took notice of some characters that I wouldn't have at first glance but
    turn out to be major players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Earthworm Jim

This gets a prime-time slot over 24?! RTE are friggin nuts!

This gets a prime-time slot over 24?! RTE are friggin nuts!
    Ahhh... ye of little faith?

Guarantee it'll get more viewers this season than 24 ever did in it's prime on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

pokerwidow wrote:
    looks like there are 22 episodes in Seaon 1, therefore roughly, with no RTE sh it, it should end on 3rd week of Nov.

Crikey, I didn't realise there was that many episodes. I was only expecting maybe 12 or 14, something like that, and therefore RTE would have had it wrapped up around the time the new autumn schedule was due to start. Didn't think it would be going into November (provided, as you say, RTE don't act the bollocks with it like they do with a lot of other shows and stop showing it halfway through the series or bump it into the "half-two-middle-of-the-night-slot" or something like that! :rolleyes: ).

With the current series of '24' finishing up within the next couple of weeks (on Sky One, at least) at least it looks like I'll have something else to keep me entertained into the autumn/winter months. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

All I know is the brothers are hot shtuff.

Fnarr!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Not too impressed really... But I'll stick with it for now and see how it goes.

The performances are certainly very solid.

Not that impressed to be honest.

Something that struck me as really silly was the fact that nobody in authority copped on to the fact that his brother was in the same prison sentenced for death in a month’s time. Here is a guy who never has been in trouble before, very smart, successful etc. all of a sudden he decides to hold up a bank even though he has 500,000 in an account (at least that’s what I presumed the bank teller said when he was holding up the bank) and he then does not put any defense up in court and nobody put two and two together??

I dunno just strikes me as really silly. But I keep watching the next few episodes to see if it improves.

both the brothers have different surnames and
    have been seperated for quite a time
    and when the clerk said that he had 500,000 dollars she meant in the bag he was holding...not in a bank account.

One thing that i didn't pay too much attention to when i first saw this series is how much of a milf LJ's mom is. Christ on a bike! Did she have to lean down on that table to talk to her son about the pot! Probably not! Best scene of the first episode imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Far better than the tripe known as Lost anyway...

For anyone who was disappointed.. i flicked through series one last nght and if you're not hooked by episode 7, you won't be! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

both the brothers have different surnames and
    have been seperated for quite a time
    and when the clerk said that he had 500,000 dollars she meant in the bag he was holding...not in a bank account.

Ah fair enough I thought I might have missed something, maybe I was too harsh on it after all the praise I had heard. Is it just 22 episodes and thats the series done, or is it going to go on after that? I give it another few weeks before I give up on it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Sweet wrote:
    Far better than the tripe known as Lost anyway...

The first episode of Lost was way better than the first episode of this. I guess this should be in the other thread though.

I was kind of disappointed with it. Glad to hear it gets better though. Are there any similarities between this and Oz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i too thought it was slow to start off but once it gets going, bam, you're hooked. it is one of the best shows i have seen in years

• Advertisement

Ah fair enough I thought I might have missed something, maybe I was too harsh on it after all the praise I had heard. Is it just 22 episodes and thats the series done, or is it going to go on after that? I give it another few weeks before I give up on it anyway. :)

22 eps in this series and filming for series 2 started in mid june and is due to start airing the end of August stateside.

I nearly gave up on it after two episodes two but i got so hooked on it. I watched 7 episodes in a row on one saturday morning.

Advertisement