Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depressing Music

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

JustCoz wrote:
    No it wasn't. it was definitely exit music

yeah, thats been pointed out

No idea why i thought it was creep

Long time since I'd seen it, thats what ill put it down to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

isn't all indie depressing?

/troll

one bit of music that always had me reaching for the kleenex was tracks 10 - 14 of the x-mix compilation that colin faver did...

really abstract, soulful-but-clinical techno, with layers of subtly rolling percussion and these weird filtered handclaps... and then this melody comes in and its like an angel whispering in your ear that it's all going to be okay....

doesn't make me cry because its "depressing" as such, nor because it has any overtly perceivable emotional themes, but because its so damn beautiful and its perfection puts a lump in my throat... and i don't even like techno... go figure!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dudess wrote:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Ms Amos. "Winter" is soul-destroying.
    That song is in my top ten favourites, it makes me happy. :)

Ms. Amos can be very sad though, Mr. Cash is just, I am crying music.

Advertisement