Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Car Mags

Options
  • 11-06-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

I have been on the hunt for RC Mags in my local area (Carndonagh) but cant seem to find any,

Are there any RC mags for Nitro Cars out there ??

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

RC Car Action;) I havn't found anywhere that stocks it tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Where in Ireland is Carndonagh, never heard of that place in my life. There are a few car magazines around... RC Racecar, RC Car driver, RC Car action. You can get these in Essons on O Connell street in Dublin but there is alot more scattered around the place. Some model shops might sell them. TBH the best mag is RC Car action they have all the best stuff the english mag just copy it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote:
    Where in Ireland is Carndonagh,

Co. Donegal..

If you go into any newsagents they will order a mag for you.;)

You'll have a hard time getting nitro fuel all the way up there:o Might be better off getting an electric truck.

Plug wrote:
    You'll have a hard time getting nitro fuel all the way up there:o Might be better off getting an electric truck.

He could always cross the border into a neighbouring county like Belfast and get some. ;)

• Advertisement

A good long drive and a good long chance he'll get shot:D

Plug wrote:
    good long chance he'll get shot:D

Nah
    I drove through there on a daily basis during the rough times an never had a bother

Even going through "Bandit county" :D

Theres a few nice model shops up there I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I subscribe to RCCA, I renerwed for $70 online at
    http://www.rccaraction.com

I've heard
    http://www.radioracecar.com/
    and
    http://www.rcdriver.com/
    are fairly good as well.

Yeah thats the best one you subscribed to. Oh....will you tell me the results of the shootout between the savage x and the t-maxx 3.3 when you get that issue. Please;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Steve_TcK

Quote !! He could always cross the border into a neighbouring county like Belfast and get some. !!

I goto Derry on a weekly basis and i think Halfords of one of the retail parks sell it

And yes we are a little out the way up here lol
    Makes a change being by the sea lol

Steve

Just a quick one,

Any of you guys on the MaxBashing.com Forum ??

Steve

No I don't think i'm on that but I use maxxtraxxusa, traxxas fourms and a few others. At least you can have a bit of a laugh on this one though;)

Went to Halford today looking at what they have - the 16% fuel was £14.00 !
    bit deer :(

Ill have to see if there is a model shop in Letterkenny

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

was it a gallon or 1/2 gallon also what make was it
    i bought 16% gallon for €30 yesterday.

BFassassin wrote:
    was it a gallon or 1/2 gallon also what make was it
    i bought 16% gallon for €30 yesterday.

That would be for 1/2 gallon as I saw it there for €24.99 for half gallon recently.
    I paid €59.98 for 2 x 1/2 gallons of the stuff recently.. :eek:

OH
    By the way,
    That stuff in Halfords he saw was Tornado 16%

My stuff was Tornado 25% { jungle juice } :rolleyes: :D

Your engine won't last pissing time if you use that stuff, it will burn the engine out quicker than the normal stuff.

Plug wrote:
    Your engine won't last pissing time if you use that stuff, it will burn the engine out quicker than the normal stuff.

Who's engine and with what stuff?:confused:

Your engine and jungle juice. I'm just saying it might be very hard on the little engine.

Plug wrote:
    Your engine and jungle juice. I'm just saying it might be very hard on the little engine.

So,
    Explain to me why the majority of M.T. owners prefer 25% O,Donnells nitro then?:confused:

• Advertisement

Cause they go racing and don't really give a sh!t about there engines. Ask coolwings he will know better than me..I might be wrong but it just seems that 25% is a lot of nitro. I was advised not to get 25% nitro for my T-maxx when I went down to Waterford to try and get some. He siad that it will burn the engine out:eek:

Plug wrote:
    Cause they go racing and don't really give a sh!t about there engines. Ask coolwings he will know better than me..I might be wrong but it just seems that 25% is a lot of nitro. I was advised not to get 25% nitro for my T-maxx when I went down to Waterford to try and get some. He siad that it will burn the engine out:eek:

Every type of nitro can and will burn an engine out if it is badly tuned.

Most of the guys I know in the UK do not race.They only use their trucks for purely bashing.

If the engine is properly tuned then the difference in engine life should hardly be noticable.

I have used 16% Dynaglo and my revo ran like a bucket of crap.
    I put some 20% Blue Thunder in there and what a difference it made.

Now i can only imagine how it will perform with 25% in there which i am going to find out this week :D

I find that stuff alright, I never had any hikups. I tuned it so well at on stage it was doing weelies handy and thats good for a 10pound monster with a .15 engine:) I have to tune my new one now.
    Oh....did you finish your prodject revo yet?

Plug wrote:
    I find that stuff alright, I never had any hikups. I tuned it so well at on stage it was doing weelies handy and thats good for a 10pound monster with a .15 engine:) I have to tune my new one now.
    Oh....did you finish your prodject revo yet?

Didnt start project revo yet as I am still buying parts and dont wanna touch it until I have everything..

Still didnt explain your theory about 25% blowing my engine? :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm just saying what my LHS dude said. It does make sense, 25% will burn out the engine quicker than average nitro fuel. I'm not trying to be a little **** here if you think I'm acting like one;) Just trying to say a point but my sh!t english kinda sounds like I,m bitching but I'm not. (I don't even think that makes sense:confused:

Plug wrote:
    I'm just saying what my LHS dude said. It does make sense, 25% will burn out the engine quicker than average nitro fuel. I'm not trying to be a little **** here if you think I'm acting like one;) Just trying to say a point but my sh!t english kinda sounds like I,m bitching but I'm not. (I don't even think that makes sense:confused:

Im not picking on you at all bud,
    Nor am I saying that you are a little **** or anything like it.. :D

What I am saying is that you should not try to put people off a product when you have no prior experience of it.
    As for that guy in Waterford?
    what does he know about using 25% Tornado in a revo or T-Maxx?
    He doesnt even sell the stuff in the first place.
    He is doing as you did. "Stating what he heard as well." :rolleyes:

I have read plenty of posts on several forums about 25% nitro and I have yet to hear anyone saying anything like " My engine died a sudden death after using 25%"

Put it this way.

If I was to drive my Normal road car at 60mph without ever bringing the Revs over 4,000.

and supposing my neighbour hd an identical car but drove it at 100mph all day and brought the revs just short of the redline in each gear.

Now I would say that the 100mph engine would live a shorter life than my one ,,, BUT... Would it be that noticable?

Not once it was properly maintained.

I had a 2 litre Vectra a few years ago.
    Bought it with 50k on the clock and i literally trashed it everytime i got into it.
    Favourite pastime was hittin 110mph in third gear to hear it scream its nuts (and bolts) off.

Did I ever have a problem with it?
    NO.
    Why?
    Because I changed the oil & filter every 3k miles along with any other stuff needed.

I sold that car with 115k on the clock and the guy that bought it off me couldnt find a fault with it he proceeded to clock up another 65k while he had it and never had a problem.

The Moral of my story?
    maintanence is priority. ;)

Maintanence = Good tuning and after run oil.:cool:

vectra wrote:
    I had a 2 litre Vectra a few years ago.
    Bought it with 50k on the clock and i literally trashed it everytime i got into it.
    Favourite pastime was hittin 110mph in third gear to hear it scream its nuts (and bolts) off.
    Did I ever have a problem with it?
    NO.
    Why?
    Because I changed the oil & filter every 3k miles along with any other stuff needed.
    Nope...its cause it was a volkswagen engine:D
    vectra wrote:
    The Moral of my story?
    maintanence is priority. ;)
    Maintanence = Good tuning and after run oil.:cool:
    Yeah thats true...I always do that anytime I,m finished using it;)

Plug wrote:
    Nope...its cause it was a volkswagen engine:D

Where did you come up with that? :confused:

Opel engines are from VW.

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Opel engines are from VW.

You sure about that? :confused:

I have been driving Opels with 15 years and never knew that.
    Where do I get that info from?

Advertisement