Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*IRL* Whats the story with Henry?

Options
  • 08-06-2006 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Whats the deal with Henry? id he one of the operating crew like Desmond? I doubt hes an 'other'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I saw the ad. for the next episode of Lost and it has
    Sayid holding a gun to ""Henry"" asking 'Who are you?' and Henry keeps saying 'He'll kill me! He'll kill me!' I wonder if Sayid will pull the trigger :p Oh, and Henry screams at the end "I AM NOT A BAD PERSON!" so I don't think he's an other, as such..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

you should really say where your watching lost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

That's my theory as well, Lemur; that he is Calvin's original partner - see my posts in the Irish "Lockdown" topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

MeTV wrote:
    That's my theory as well, Lemur; that he is Calvin's original partner - see my posts in the Irish "Lockdown" topic.

I will thanks. By the way i'm watching it on RTE and how do you read spoilers that are blocked out as i'm new to this forum? Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

To create spoilers: [spioler] type here, except spell spoiler correctly. I couldn't, or it would ironically hide this sentence! [/spoiler].

To read it, highlight the solid dark lines with your mouse. It will reveal the text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Just because he claims to not be a bad person doesn't automatically mean he's not an 'Other'. I have the theory that the 'Others' aren't bad folk at all.

Laguna wrote:
    Just because he claims to not be a bad person doesn't automatically mean he's not an 'Other'. I have the theory that the 'Others' aren't bad folk at all.

I tend to agree but i'm still wondering about their agenda though.

TBH, I havnt had many theories about lost, i just watch it and think to myself really, but he is an other, I just have some hunch about it that hes a big leader or somthing, cause hes playing a very very good game. I defo think hes an other at least after they dug up the grave... but hey.. thats just my opinion :)

Modedit: DON'T POST SPOILERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

he is Calvin's original partner
    Hobbes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

He meant Kelvin.

Laguna wrote:

Yeah, me too. Even though I did just contradict that in my previous post. The others thing is really annoying me though..why are they dressing up to look like very primitave people when in fact, they're not? (From that episode where Claire remebered the stuff about Ethan, and 'Zeke' was there with the fake beard).

that kinda stuff to do with Lost doesnt generally annoy me, cos I'm not one of those who deeply analyses it - I just enjoy watching the show. But every time I come up with an answer to Lost, the next episode contradicts it!!

Back on topic, I like the character of 'Henry' - I'm surprised he was willing to die and not say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Small titbit for Spongebob Squarepants fans.
    Kelvin(aka Clancy Brown) does the voice for Mr Krabs.

JackieChan wrote:
    Small titbit for Spongebob Squarepants fans.
    Kelvin(aka Clancy Brown) does the voice for Mr Krabs.
    Um ... how can he when Kelvin's never appeared in Lost? We've only heard what Desmond has told us about him - i.e., he's dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MIGWAR-DWP

This thread really should have an *IRL* on the front page, if you'd watched any further, you may know more about Kelvin. I'm not saying you would, but you never know. If you dont want future spoilers, dont make it such a general title...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol Migwar, real subtle :)

So I owe JackieChan a kick in the teeth for posting spoilers?! :mad: Why do so many people refuse to use the spoiler tags and insist on trying to ruin the enjoyment of Lost for the rest of us? God, it really p!$$es me off. A topic should not have to be marked IRL to tell people not to post spoilers; this is an Irish forum, everything which isn't marked as US should be considered IRL, whether it's marked as such or not. I still fail to understand why a forum which, quite rightly, frowns upon the illegal acquisition of episodes through the internet allow the discussion of happenings in episodes which have been acquired illegally.

its a bold statement to say people are illegally aquiring episodes. they may just live in america, or maybe they just trwal the internet reading spoilers(!) like me. at the end of the day, this may be an irish site, but its on the world wide web. its a global community and if you dont wanna know stuff, you should say so....

True, Migwar, I apologise for that comment - there may be those among the community here who are in the US or are simply reading spoilers elsewhere.

However, I have to disagree with your statement that if I don't want to know stuff, I should say so - if I want to know stuff, I'll ask, or highlight the spoilers.

i am agreeing with you, but we're talking about how things should work. in practice, unless you ask people not to tell you stuff, then you can guarantee they will. i'm just suggesting that to protect yourself, and to eliminate others stupidity/carelessness, you should highlight that its an irish driven thread. that way, if someone like jackiechan says a little too much, he'll get spanked upside the head...

• Advertisement

Well, as long as we're agreeing ... ;)

*sigh* Thanks a million for spoiling it for me yet again..

It really does suck when people don't use the spoiler tags. I refused from the start to cheat and download further episodes from the internet - i, like many here, watch it on RTE2..not on the computer. I'm not desperate enough to search US sites for further information about episodes I havent seen. I know a lot of people are, but I'm not. So please don't be lazy and use spoiler tags - it's not that hard to do.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

MeTV wrote:
    So I owe JackieChan a kick in the teeth for posting spoilers?! :mad: Why do so many people refuse to use the spoiler tags and insist on trying to ruin the enjoyment of Lost for the rest of us? God, it really p!$$es me off. A topic should not have to be marked IRL to tell people not to post spoilers; this is an Irish forum, everything which isn't marked as US should be considered IRL, whether it's marked as such or not. I still fail to understand why a forum which, quite rightly, frowns upon the illegal acquisition of episodes through the internet allow the discussion of happenings in episodes which have been acquired illegally.
    *sigh*... not this argument again... (the bit about the illegal means of acquiring these episodes... not the bit about spoilers... I agree with the spoilers bit)

This forum is for discussion of Lost... pure and simple...

I don't give a damn where you saw it... what matters is you saw it and you'd like to talk about it... any mention of downloading is an instant permanent ban as the stickies reflect (there's 2 of them at the very top so there's NO excuse)

arctic lemur: don't post spoilers again or you'll be receiving a ban...

steveland? wrote:
    *sigh*... not this argument again... (the bit about the illegal means of acquiring these episodes... not the bit about spoilers... I agree with the spoilers bit)

This forum is for discussion of Lost... pure and simple...

I don't give a damn where you saw it... what matters is you saw it and you'd like to talk about it... any mention of downloading is an instant permanent ban as the stickies reflect (there's 2 of them at the very top so there's NO excuse)

arctic lemur: don't post spoilers again or you'll be receiving a ban...

I dont download episodes of lost or anything else as i'm aware of the legal implications (a relative works in IMRO so i'm clued in) All the episodes i've seen are one RTE 2 on Monday nights and are not from any onther source. Am i to think that after an episode has aired on RTE that people will automatically watch it? or perhaps some wait for the weekends to see the repeats. Thats why i put in the deleted spoiler on Henry as i did not want to ruin peoples experiences if they wanted to watch the repeat at the weekends instead on monday nights. (as an aside i usually watch Coronation st on Sundays omnibus, not during the week so i'd be annoyed if anyone told me what had happened without highlighting the potential that a stoyyline may be given away.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

forget about lemur and the illegal downloading,there is another spoler back there form JackieChan, seeing as its an IRL thread now(as i am led to believe it wasnt always specified as one) summit should be done

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

All the forum needs is proper modding IMHO. If you ask about Henry Gale without putting a IRL in the thread title then expect spoilers.

The BattleStar Galactica forum manages without any problems but maybe that's a reflection on the people who use the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ponster wrote:
    All the forum needs is proper modding IMHO. If you ask about Henry Gale without putting a IRL in the thread title then expect spoilers.

The BattleStar Galactica forum manages without any problems but maybe that's a reflection on the people who use the forum.
    The rules are there... people just don't seem to want to follow them...

As stated in the numerous stickies you can only post information from the US episodes in threads clearly marked US:

It's implied from that that any thread not labelled US: should not include any information from the US episodes... Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out...

Yes any thread not marked US SHOULD only contain info from the IRL episodes... if you see any spoilers use this button: report.gif and I'll sort it...

From now on I'm handing out on the spot bans for spoilers from US episodes outside of US marked threads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

Cant wait but i wish it was on earlier. I'm looking forward to drooling over Sawyer. My interest has deepened since Hurley's episode last week on RTE2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement