Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lamborghini Supercar Celebration

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

If you are ever going to buy a Diablo make sure that you check that it is actually a Lamborghini you're buying...this "Diablo" below is a replica.
    Apart from the non-standard (Murcielago) colour and the X-reg, the panel fit is atrocious (especially around the front lid and the door opening), the dash binnacle isn't right and the back wheels don't fully fill the wheelarches.
    On the other hand you could pick this up for about €45k and impress your mates who probably wouldn't know any better :D

158336286_87a9931e0e.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

True the green one turned out to be a replica along with about 3 others from the show but in person it looked very very convincing. And it was my favorite color of all the cars at the show :eek: There was something about the color that hit you unlike the usual yellows and oranges there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

The Diablo 6.0 is my favourite Lambo ever but I wouldn't say no to a Gallardo Spyder.
    605yq.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Personally I'd have to go for this colour scheme
    lambo1xl.jpg

I dont know why but i just dont think soft tops suit lambos :( I know a hardtop would take too much weight to do but even something like the old diablo roadster roof i think would look much better then the latest ragtops they released :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't know whether the Diablo mentioned is a fake or not, but I would like to add that Lamborghini: a) will paint your car any colour you ask for; and b) at least pre-Audi and like all Italian car builders, were not known particularly for fit and finish.

adam

Like is right that diablo was found out to be a fake after the show, but hardly anyone and none of the officials seem to spot it on the day. Tho you can see in the photo the bonnest isnt the cleanest fit, however it was parked next to another 6.0 and they looked so similar that you just wouldnt expect a kit car to be of that high quality! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

What was the green one built on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

smarty wrote:
    What was the green one built on?

AFAIK it's constructed around a dedicated spaceframe chassis.

BTW a couple of weeks ago Autocar had a few of pages on the event. Among the pictures were many of the had loads of photos of the fakes and a caption which said 'spot the phoney'...which they placed on a picture of a real Countach.

Yup its all built from scratch, seems like that green one was sold for £40,000:

http://www.paralleldesigns.co.uk/vehiclesforsale.html

I must say i couldnt drive a replica of such an amazing car around, i just think it takes away from the real thing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yea it definitely does. It just wouldn't be the same, ok, you'd still get the stares and everything, it's like wearing fake tan.... I think? haha

Although it is the sheer style of the LP640 I love, if there was an option to drive without using the full 6L engine for some journeys, it would be handy, save the oul petrol;) The ones on that site look very dodgy around the bonnet and the wheels don't look the best either. I mean put one of them against the pic I posted of the LP640 and you can tell straight away there's something not right.

Thats true (fake tan, class comparison ;)) but in person the color was so amazing too. Plus i had not ever seen a diablo in person, only in pics and i was blinded to the fit and finish part of it to be honest. Specially as it was around all sorts of lambos and some very very old ones that obviously didnt have the fit and finish of modern sports cars, but they were still lambos all the same ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

cormie wrote:
    Yup, the aim is to get from this:
    91fiesta_rear_02a.jpg

to this:

6612_large.jpg

Only about €300,000.00 to go:D
    I tell you what I am so glad that Fiesta hasn't given you any problems (that I heard of anyway) because I would have felt so bad if it did. I felt guilty for ages as well about not letting it go cheaper to you. At least by this stage even if something does go wrong you've had some good use out of it.

Anyway, as for the lambo, I think you can pause the saving for a short while and go and spend £380 on a test drive for god's sake! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well I have no problems sending a mail in rebate for some of the cash back for the Fiesta if you still have that guilty conscience cuz I'm in debt and it would help:D

No need for a test drive, I'm sold on that picture alone:)

Advertisement