Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Options
  • 30-05-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

6th June 2006

Not too long to go now, I have been waiting for this film over a year now wow I cant wait.

Z350's RX8 RX7 1967 Mustang o yeah....

The best movie to hit the screens this summer by far I guarantee it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I say hardly but will get it anyhow have a look....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Will the Dodge Charger be in it? Because if it isn't, there's absolutely no reason to watch it. If it is, could someone tell me the actual times it'll be in the movie, so I don't vomit all over myself watching utter garbage and associating with shadow-mustachioed semen-stained bigbrother-watching plastic-clad plastic-driving deficients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

It's a sin to put a Japanese engine into an American classic:mad:

I reckon it'll be pure shíte, like the previous ones.

TBH I wasn't exactly glued to the "plot" of the movie, but it looked like a big block mopar to me.

Fast_and_Furious_Dodge_Charger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What are you guys like. Lets not talk about class here. The first two where great films.

How it didnt win oscars I dont know.

On this forum everyone has an opinion but barely anyone can change a light bulb without a "how to?".

Movie aside for a minute, has anyone ever seen drifting live in front of there eyes, its great, loads of skill required and technique and the cars are incredible that can do this.

Nissan Z350 is a very nice car.
    The 67 Mustang is one of my favourite classics.

Each car has its own individual character.

This film is going to be the best of the three by far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

How are they going to shoehorn the plot from Point Break into a Tokyo setting? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The first two films sucked ass through an induction kit. This one can't really be any worse but to say it will be film of the summer is laughable. The Divinci Code will beat it hands down and that's a fact.

kluivert wrote:
    How it didnt win oscars I dont know.
    ROFL. (Answer: Because it was shít.)
    Movie aside for a minute, has anyone ever seen drifting live in front of there eyes
    I've done it, off road. It was fun for about 20 minutes. Anyone that thinks it's fun for longer than that has a serious attention deficit disorder. A goldfish would be an attentive subject in comparison.

I'd like to add that "Formula D" is the stupidest "sport" on the planet. Powerwalking is more sensible and interesting. That Extreme Ironing sport they made up for an advertisment would be more sensible and interesting. The people that invented it are assholes, the people that do it are assholes, the people that watch it are assholes. All assholes together.

If we could blow up all the Formula D meets on the planet, we'd kill off a good percentage of the asshole population. We'd probably get most of the Big Brother and Bebo fans too. Bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kluivert wrote:
    6th June 2006

Not too long to go now, I have been waiting for this film over a year now wow I cant wait.

Z350's RX8 RX7 1967 Mustang o yeah....

The best movie to hit the screens this summer by far I guarantee it.

yes it should be a good movie.cannot wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Ken Shabby wrote:
    ROFL. (Answer: Because it was shít.)

I've done it, off road. It was fun for about 20 minutes. Anyone that thinks it's fun for longer than that has a serious attention deficit disorder. A goldfish would be an attentive subject in comparison.

I'd like to add that "Formula D" is the stupidest "sport" on the planet. Powerwalking is more sensible and interesting. That Extreme Ironing sport they made up for an advertisment would be more sensible and interesting. The people that invented it are assholes, the people that do it are assholes, the people that watch it are assholes. All assholes together.

If we could blow up all the Formula D meets on the planet, we'd kill off a good percentage of the asshole population. We'd probably get most of the Big Brother and Bebo fans too. Bonus.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Advertisement

No spirit lads, no spirit.

At the end of the day there are street racers building and tuning cars to over 500bhp easy, Toyota Supra's Nissan R35 GT-r's.

Everyone likes a car with a bit of power behind it. Thats the whole point.

Ok the film is not going to win oscars but it will be an enjoyable film.

Any who says thats it crap where expecting more than the film offered, when in fact it never calmed to be anything other than a good film unlike the davinci code film where there was so much hype about the film that alot of people where disappointed with the final outcome.

If you are a car fan or petrolhead you ll watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

kluivert wrote:
    If you are a car fan or petrolhead you ll watch.

Wrong. If your a car fan you may give it a passing clance. If your a petrol head you will avoid at all costs and the ridiculous defying the laws of physics and mechanics things they did with the cars in the first two films (1st in particular) should be enough to make you boycott this film.

Anyone who knows anything about tuning a car knows the FATF films are pure tripe and mostly fantasy.

Oh and I've done drifting myself and I have to second what was said previously. Its boring. Great for a little while then just boring.

Ok Ok so I dont think am going to sway anyones views here.

I personally think that there was better films made related to this area.
    If your a petrol head you will avoid at all costs and the ridiculous defying the laws of physics and mechanics things they did with the cars in the first two films (1st in particular) should be enough to make you boycott this film.

You really have to remember that this is a film, not a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Did you see the documentary on the making of TFTF2? The piggy looking chick with the pink s2000 couldn't drive before they started filming and had to be taught how by the stunt crew...

I'll be waiting for this to come on dvd, I don't get enough kitchen passes to spend one on this. The story lines have been a bit weak, but its interesting to spot trends on the various cars.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

OT i know but the Prodrift Irl round 2 is on this weekend in mondello so if you like drifting or are intrested to know what it is its worth heading along to.

As for TFTF i didnt like the first two,some of teh cars were nice but the story line and actors ect sucked ass!

I only went to see the film for the cars, the gf went to see paul walker n t jones so winners all round then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

So this has gone from the movie you have waited a year for, and will be the Best Film of this Summer, thats predecessors should have got oscars...

to

A inaccurate film that is not the best on its topic, that wont win any oscars./

Not very sure of yourself are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I love these movies - they're completely unrealistic, scripts are crap etc but for some reason I still enjoy them!

Anyhoo - this one is meant to be actually a decent movie, reviews have been positive from those who've seen previews aparently.

prospect wrote:
    So this has gone from the movie you have waited a year for, and will be the Best Film of this Summer, thats predecessors should have got oscars...

to

A inaccurate film that is not the best on its topic, that wont win any oscars./

Not very sure of yourself are you?

I was being smart to see what peoples opinions where and to stir the pot.

Seriously I really like the cars in these films. Jumping off 30 bridges is not realistic but hey it all adds to the dream works.

I went to see 2f2f twice the last time it was in the cinema and watch it regularly on DVD, everyone has there own tastes. Always loved the R35's and when it appeared in 2f2f I was over the moon.

Great film thats for sure if you can enjoy the fun elements of it and enjoy and appreciate the work that went into building these cars.

In addition I am a big fan of pimp my ride.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭Joeface

I remember going to see the first one ... was ment to see something else but that was sold out ......couldnt for the life of me understand what all the modded cars in the Omniplex car park were there for ..... was in the movie 30sec's and i knew ......... enjoyed it for some reason , afterwards the gardai would have had a field day will all the boys speedin off to re inact the movie mental

• Advertisement

kluivert wrote:
    In addition I am a big fan of pimp my ride.....
    Another steaming pile of shíte adored by hormone-addled teenagers and moronic big brother fans. Will you change your opinion of that too in a few posts time, to "test" us?

Pimp my ride is good, its fun to watch. Are people so tightly wound up these fecking days that they have to take everything so fecking serious. Maybe pulling the pile out of your rear end for five minutes and enjoy the simply things in life and learn to have a auld laugh and a bit of craic, before the boss comes back and shoves that pipe back up your rear end.

I just wanted peoples opinions on the movie thats all. Is there any harm in that.

Personally I thought Ronan had one of the best car chases I have ever seen on film.

Speaking of cars in films, the Audi A6 in Transporter2 was class looking and seemed to be a bit of a beast, dont knwo much about what powers the Audi's but its german and thats pretty good.

I actually know a fair bit about how cars work, I posted a trend here about the Honda i-VTEC Engine, not one post, but when you start a trend about the new Honda Civic Type R (with i-VTEC engine) people cant wait to put there opinions on Boards.ie, and all about how it looks. Do you understand what I am trying to say.

Some and most people see whats just in front of them, I like whats in front of me to but also appreciate the other bits behind the scenes that make everything work, thats why I like this type of film as a movie (for the same reason i love the matrix) and pimp my ride.

I'm my own boss, and I can assure you that I'm not in the habit of sticking things up my own ass. I have people to do that for me.

You wanted opinions and you got them. Is there any harm in that.

It was "Ronin". But yes, definitely one of the best chases. I actually prefer it to Bullitt.

My opinion of Hondas is pretty much along the lines of the previous posts. Cars for boy racers and duffers, with very little in between. There are exceptions, but the brand doesn't really do anything for me. Their ads are wonderful, if that's any consolation.

If you appreciate the bits behind the scenes that make everything work, you shouldn't be watching the Fast and the Furious. It's a contradiction in terms.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I'm my own boss, and I can assure you that I'm not in the habit of sticking things up my own ass. I have people to do that for me.

I wasnt referring to you, no need to be so self centred :D

Listen everyone to their own, you cant please everyone can you?

And dont take things so literatelly and read into the meaning of every word.
    It's a contradiction in terms.
    Ronin
    as opposed to Ronan, sorry.
    There are exceptions, but the brand doesn't really do anything for me. Their ads are wonderful, if that's any consolation.

Personally I love Honda and BMW Engineering. Two great manufacurers of the modern automoblie. Had my uncles BMW 2006 525i diesel for an evening and then a week end and it didnt say to me that this was 80k well spent. Id rather settle with the Honda Accord 2.2 i-CDTI at nearly half the price. I would lke to be around when BMW release their hydrogen engine. (currently in development)

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is due for release on 6th June 2006 (probably American release date) for all those who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

kluivert wrote:
    Always loved the R35's

You mean the Skyline R34 GT-Rs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,230 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kluivert wrote:
    Had my uncles BMW 2006 525i diesel for an evening and then a week end and it didnt say to me that this was 80k well spent

How the hell was €80k spent on a 525d?

The diesel rocket 535d SE lists for €77k. Add leather, metallic and the loaded standard spec and you get to €80k

Comparing a 535d with an Accord 2.2d is silly. It's like comparing a Golf GTI 2.0 Turbo with a Skoda Fabia 1.2

Sorry for O/T. Damn, I keep saying that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭maidhc

Ken Shabby wrote:
    If you appreciate the bits behind the scenes that make everything work, you shouldn't be watching the Fast and the Furious. It's a contradiction in terms.

I only saw the first one, and I can't remember the storyline, but it was an enjoyable enough way to waste a couple of hours. A film ultiamtely is measured by its ability to entertain someone for a couple of hours; the Fast and Furious seems to succeed in this regard. If someone thinks they know too much about cars to be bothered watching it, they have issues that could quickly be rectified by asking them dismantle the high pressure piping in a modern diesel. :)

Typing too fast can get you into trouble :D

R34 is the one sorry.

80k is a bit much alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

There is actually an R35 as well though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Not sure if anyones seen them yet but heres the trailer for it

http://www.stormlaois.com/content/run_trailer.php?tFn=fast_and_furious_tokyo_drift_trailer_c_2500k.mov&refer=

I reckon its worth a look,but cue the onslaught of micras and fiestas suddenly becoming drift monsters with hubcaps under there rear wheels!

Advertisement