Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

B & B in Ballina

• 23-05-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭ Chopperdog

I am heading to Ballina for the June Holiday weekend and was hoping that someone could recommend a decent B&B in the town.
    As close to the river and town centre as possible as I would like to be able to walk home after a few beers.
    This is for a fishing trip so the good lady is left at home and top luxury is not expected.
    I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Vegeta

mayo or tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭ Chopperdog

Sorry Veg, the Mayo Ballina.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Vegeta

damn cant help ya then, cos the Ballina in Tipp is on Lough Derg so i thought it may have been that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 Skyuser

Try the ' Downhill Inn ' or the ' Ridepool Hotel '. Both new and very nice. Ridgepool is in the centre of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭ Chopperdog

Thanks Skyuser,

Got booked in the Ridgepool Hotel for next weekend, hopefully the salmon will be cp-operative !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 mikeanywhere

Skyuser wrote:
    Try the ' Downhill Inn ' or the ' Ridepool Hotel '. Both new and very nice. Ridgepool is in the centre of the town.

I stayed at the Ridgepool when I married a girl from Ballina last year. Nice people and made you feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ SalthillGuy

I stayed in this place during a fishing trip to Ballina.

Red River Lodge - www.redriverlodgebnb.com

Nice people and a great insight into local fishing.

Advertisement