Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Videogame...

Options
  • 23-05-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭

Lucky old Ubisoft has acquired the rights to produce a bundle of games based on Lost, the hit TV series that's still quite good even though it went a bit boring for a while there but seems like things are picking up now.

All they will reveal so far is that the games are due out next year on PC, consoles and handhelds. Which doesn't leave us quite as intrigued as that bit with the polar bear to be honest but there you are.

For those who have been living on a, well, deserted Pacific island for the past year, Lost follows the adventures of a group of people struggling to survive after their plane crash lands on a deserted Pacific island. OR IS IT etc.

The series was a huge hit in the US when it was first broadcast in September 2004 and its success has since spread around the globe - Lost is now broadcast in more than 210 countries, and illegally downloaded by about a million billion people. Not us, obviously, since we can watch it on TV now.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the company was "delighted" to have acquired the licence, adding: "That they have chosen us for the adaptation of the cult series Lost is the best homage that a producer can make to the creativity of Ubisoft."

Lost producer Bryan Burk said: "Many of us on Lost have been hardcore gamers for years and the chance to work with Ubisoft, a company behind some of our favourite titles, has excited us to no end."

"With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the Lost universe, we’re giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create." Giddy, indeed.
    Can't really see how a Lost game would work, to be honest. A graphic adventure perhaps, but it wouldn't make a good action game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64904

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

maybe you'll start off as jack, a la season one and progress through the game trying to become as wet as you possibly can.. or maybe you can be claire and see how much you can whinge.. or perhaps, you play as the others and your task is to take michaels boy..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

loon wrote:
    maybe you'll start off as jack, a la season one and progress through the game trying to become as wet as you possibly can.. or maybe you can be claire and see how much you can whinge.. or perhaps, you play as the others and your task is to take michaels boy..

They took my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

maybe u play as MR Eko and run around the Island converting ppl and beating ur enemies to death with ur Jesus stick..........

THE TOOK MAHHHHHY BOYYY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Since they're referencing the CSI games as a good model to follow, there's a good chance that they're going to try and emulate the gameplay as well. From this, I'm guessing it will be something more like an ARG, something like an expanded hansofoundation.org, more along the lines of In Memoriam.

Or at least, I hope so. Because a generic third-person actioner would be boooooooooooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wonder if the story will just be pulled from season 1 or 2 or if they will do something to tie it in with the series.
    There's a number of characters we haven't seen or heard from on the show, maybe they have had their own adventures unheard of?
    Hard to see this being pulled off...

• Advertisement

It would be fantastic to see them doing a modern point and click adventure like Lucasarts used to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It was only a matter of time before there was a game....

did you hear they are bringing out a Desperate Housewives game? no joke!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

i have high hopes for this game..

it has alot of potential, they just need to pull off the storyline and stick in the graphics from far cry;)

oh and
    tvnutz wrote:
    did you hear they are bringing out a Desperate Housewives game?
    seriously??? lol

KamiKazi wrote:
    i have high hopes for this game..

it has alot of potential, they just need to pull off the storyline and stick in the graphics from far cry;)

oh and

seriously??? lol

I hope to God it wont be a first person adventure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

.. they should make it a la 'monkey island' that made no sense either..

• Advertisement

I hope to God it wont be a first person adventure!
    Although, thinking about it, a first-person puzzler a la Jurassic Park: Trespasser would be so awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

i think a third person adventure would be pretty cool. with a chance to play as all of the main characters

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ubisoft did a fairly good job with King Kong as an FPS... and that was set on a mysterious island too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

My first thought when I saw the title of the thread was that it should be a point and click adventure. It could work pretty well and you can still have some action in those kind of games, like Broken Sword does. I don't really see how you could have a shooter unless the island suddenly became over-run with polar bears or wild boar for you to shoot.

Or maybe some kind of strategy game where you have to instruct the survivors to gather materials to survive, hunt for food and send parties into the jungle to investigate as often happens on the show. They could even make you assign two people to hatch duty once you found it!

Otherwise I'd like to see a 2D platform game where you play as Hurley :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

TmB wrote:
    Can't really see how a Lost game would work, to be honest. A graphic adventure perhaps, but it wouldn't make a good action game
    I think it would be a great game - the initial confusion, choosing character, looking around for food and weapons, getting lost in the jungle, dodging bears, boars and whatnot. Finding hatches, full on war with the Others etc

Hope it's a good mix between FPS and strategy.

elekid wrote:
    Otherwise I'd like to see a 2D platform game where you play as Hurley :)
    They already made it!

locoroco.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'd say they'll release it episodically, via Steam, and the first half hour of each installment will be the same as the last half hour of the one before, and they'll have "re-cap" episodes where you get to replay little snippets from all the levels you just played but with bonus commentary.

There will also be issues with the Walt model growing throughout the course of the game and even disappearing entirely from the latter half.

They took mah boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I'm not sure about this one. I mean most games for movies are crap (except for Lord Of The Rings Game- it was cool) but now bringing out a game for Lost, like i love the show but this sounds stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Maybe you have to guess what Locke says next...

Press x for "Don't tell me what I can't do"
    Press o for "You want your $30 back? I want my kidney back"
    Press triangle for "This is my destiny"
    Or press square for "Jack's an idiot."

I'd press square if I were ye...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

the options for michael might be a bit limited though.

x = they took our jobs!!!!

o = they took my boy!!!!

triangle = rabble rabble!!!!

square = wwwaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllttttttttttttttt!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 LowTek

I'd press square if I were ye...

But... but what if it's an xbox exclusive, and there are no X,O, Square or Trianlge button! WHAT THEN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Or you could play as Shannon. Press X to pout, press O to complain how no-one respects you, press Triangle to put on a bikini, press Square to do absolutely nothing interesting for thirty episodes.

THEY TOOK MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Or you could play as Shannon. Press X to pout, press O to complain how no-one respects you, press Triangle to put on a bikini, press Square to do absolutely nothing interesting for thirty episodes.

THEY TOOK MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They took his "boy" actually... jesus, he says it on average at least 5 times in each episode, and you still (amoung others) get it wrong :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

lost.JPG

the whole they took ma bhoy thing is running a bit thin..

Anyways, I dunno.. i think the best choice would be if they chose one of the other survivors from outside of the group i.e. Sawyer, Hurley, Jack and the other regulars and had them interact with the main characters.

Thinking about it, if they did a FPS like Deus Ex then it would be pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Press r1 to die

Maybe they could do it like black and white, us being hanso (using the wiimote as a point and grab!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Or you could play as Shannon... press Triangle to put on a bikini

How would this work exactly? If you only half-pressed Triangle, would she fail to put it on and stand there naked? What if you kept pressing it?
    Damn, I'll be awake all night trying to figure this out...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually the game would be to sit in front of a black screen with a blinking prompt and enter the code when the buzzer sounds or something might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I think this game would work great in the Dance Dance: Revolution style mould!. It could work as a point and click adventure, but the only problem is, by the time the game comes out, we'll all know exactly where to point and click to advance the story as we'll have seen up to the end of season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

TmB wrote:
    Can't really see how a Lost game would work, to be honest. A graphic adventure perhaps, but it wouldn't make a good action game.

I'm sure each load screen will recap everything you have done in the game to that point.

Advertisement