Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you have to emigrate for work, and what made you come home ?...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Aye.. I came back 4 years ago. After intially having a severe "what the hell have I done" panic attack, I enjoy greatly being back even though the services are horrendous and the fact I'm "lucky" to have clean drinking water in Leitrim still shocks me.

Still and all, its home and its a hormone/DNA makeup that I just can't shake.. but I don't like the way we're "progressing" to duplicating the economies of England/US as thats exactly what I was leaving. Commuter lifestyles and lego-land housing.

One of my very good friends who is a Leitrim native considers your remarks about clean drinking water in Leitrim as being sculerious - He avidly states that there are many shops in Leitrim that sell ballygowan!:D

Advertisement