Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wire

Options
  • 18-05-2006 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

An american Dude's living up the road here and over conversation the other evening, I found out he's as bad a TV addict as I am.

He loves the Sopranos and Deadwood...so far so good, but also Rome...not so good.

But he raved about another HBO series called The Wire. Claims its the equal to the Sopranos (a brave claim).
    Has anyone seen it, or does anyone know anything about it?
    I've read the official reviews, but they're mostly self-congratulatory blurb and so aren't that helpful.

Oh, i don't live in Ireland, so if y'all have seen it in RTE land, good for you and let me know what you think.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dogbert_the_dog

one of the best tv series i've seen in years, three seasons made so far, first & third were excellent second was good but not as good as the others. i'd highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Thanks,
    I'm decided...will rent them this week and watch. An auspicious beginning as I discovered Deadwood the same way. Roll on series 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The Wire is by far the best programme out of America in a long time, far better than the Sopranos.

Season 3 is being repeated from next Wed every night on FX (they are currently finishing season 2)

TG4 are also repeating series 2 at the moment.

I reccommend watching them in order though, Each series has a specific story at the centre but a lot of the characters and storylines run right across all the series.

Hopefully Series 4 will start soon on HBO, they started production a few months ago. I'm not normally bothered with downloading but it has been a long wait for a new series of the Wire, nearly a two year gap since the start of series 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As John R says, definitely watch them in order as the stories do link up. R2 box sets on play.com are £25 and £30 for season 1 and 2. I've just started watching season 1 again the other night. I want to go through all three seasons again before the start of season 4 which is supposed to be back later in the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement