Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleville Investigation June 3rd - WHO'S GOING?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

people will be bringing different things. a cassette recorder will be one of them anyway. Plus i'll be using a dictaphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Boundry mikes are good things to have. I've got one for my MD recorder, which needs more MDs... or I need to invest in a digital recorder... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

ooohh Im getting all giddy. I cant wait.

Can we keep the fire going all night this time? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You know if you're gonna be having regular investigations, it may be worth investing in some dedicated equipment.

Some of the iterms you could use are widely available and cheap.

Digital memory thermometers/barometers can record environmental temperatures. You can get ones with firewire data ports to download temperatures to excel. A few of those positioned at places with "cold spots" would go down well - even to say "the cold feeling didn't match actual temperature"

A motion sensors and heat vision would also be good as well as remote cameras.
    You can get any of these on ebay for between 20-50 euro including p&p. The problem being keeping your laptops running that long.

You can also get digital dictaphones (radioshack brand for instance) for as low as 20 dollars and I've seen cheap sesimology type sound/shock recorders that are on ebay for around that price.

These measure things from ground vibrations to echo in a room (used by planners maybe?).

Anyway, just a suggestion. Probably be initially pricey (but if everyone onthe trip donated 5-10 euro for them it'd be covered quick) and the data you could potentiallly get (hey negative results can be good data too) would be priceless.

You are right on all points Psi. Myself, Stevenmu and Kennett have talked plenty about how we'd like to progress, and new and more inventive equipment always comes up.

It is up to the individual to gather their own equipment though as the group is always different when we go. If everyone gave in money to buy equipment who would look after it and have use of it when we're not on a trip?

We're all pretty much starting out and i've plenty of plans to add to my arsenal at every available opportunity. I've just bought an EMF meter, a lazer infrared thermometre and a high strength infrared light for my night vision camcorder. I still plan to pick up a good digital dictaphone before saturday as EVP is interesting me more and more.

For me these trips are a great introduction to the paranormal and are open to everyone including absolute beginners. I'd hate anyone to feel pressured to buy fancy equipment as it may exclude people who could have alot to offer. I am planning a few investigations which wont be done through here and thats where i see myself needing alot more equipment to documnet any happenings.

• Advertisement

I'll be well equiped with torch , camera and hopefully a nightvision video camera.

also is there anywhere one can get the stuff mentioned above in shops in Dublin and not online?

Ok people, seems there are a good few people driving but some not. Would be great if people could give each other lifts to save people the train fair?

Myself and stevenmu will be heading down earlier than the rest - down there for about 4.

I would offer but Ill be coming from Rosslare and after the investigation will be heading to Cork. Soz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lo all, hope ye all get results. I'll be goin out in Tullamore that night. Might come up later in a drunken haze and bang the doors out of it.

• Advertisement

Well we can just say the ghosts left the bruises on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Problem folks.

My babysitter can't do Saturday anymore, which means I am trying very hard to convince someone of the merits of babysitting for a full night. (Not fully sure which is scarier a 4 year old throwign a massive hissey fit or a spirt making themselves known to us??).

As a result I'm not sure if I will be able to make it so inteh interest of fairness (and once 6Th agrees) if anyone else want to go and can definetly make it, please feel free to take my place.

Appologies,
    Paul.

Cool Paul, its all sorted. Pm'd you so dont stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fairly beefy looking torches for sale for just €2 in the Arnotts Bargin Outlet store on Abbey Street.

I picked one up as a spare... haven't tried out yet though.

Cheers for that, was looking for something big as a spare I'm working in town so if anyone wants me to try pick one up let me know.

ehhh.. actually scratch that idea.. haha...

I just tried putting some batteries in it and it pretty much disintergrated... You might still lucky and not get a dodgey one.

Ok people this is happening tomorrow!!

I have forms printed off for people to sign as soon as they arrive at the catle. Could people please have their €40 each really and exact - its not my job to have change on me.

Any final questions?
    I will be on here tonight from about 10pm for an hour or so and again in the morning - after 2pm contact me on my mobile which you all have.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Damn, it does approach fast, doesn't it? Anyway, good luck with it :)

I'll see you online at some point tonight I'm sure, 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

Good luck tommorrow! Let me know how it goes! ;)

Wish I had the courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spirals

Can't wait to hear how this goes. I wish I was going!!

Best of luck to everyone who's going :)

Laura

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Is there a discussion thread or posts off this you want split/merged?

psi wrote:
    Is there a discussion thread or posts off this you want split/merged?
    I guess you could split it at the Saruman's post on 4-06-2006 11:18 and title it Post investigation dicussion.

If it's not too much trouble of course...

Advertisement