Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC News 24 interviews cab driver about "Apple vs. Apple"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

The guy who was actually supposed to be interviewed seems like a real dick. In his blog he's called the taxi guy an ignoramus and makes fun of his lack of English.

What a moron. http://www.newswireless.net/index.cfm/article/2697

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Having read guy kewneys articles overmany years I thought the cabbie gave just as good a response as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

DOLEMAN wrote:
    The guy who was actually supposed to be interviewed seems like a real dick. In his blog he's called the taxi guy an ignoramus and makes fun of his lack of English.

Wow.. he really is an asshat... he seems most put out by the fact that the cabbie was black, that's like the biggest insult for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

lol asshat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

priceless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The driver wasn't Guy Kewney, he was there to pick him up.

AH... misread the article and thought he was called Kewney too, thought it was far too much of an amazing coincidence to be true!!!

Yeah, the guy seems like a bit of an asshat alright; pretty ignorant himself.

Oh, and reading his pre-judgement judgement, he knew just about as much about the realities as auld cabbie did; he was predicting that Apple was to be banned from using the name for iPod and iTunes and would be forced to launch a new company (perhaps with partnership with Apple Corp...). Yeah, on the button with that judgement, Guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hah, after reading his blog I'm glad it happened to someone like him. If he just laughed it off it'd be excellent publicity for him but he seems to be taking it too seriously.

"My career! My reputation! My pink skin! Blah Blah Blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Brilliant, the look on his face at the start was priceless. The real interviewee sounds like a right dick all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Give this guy his own show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Ha ha, when I got a cab on Saturday night everyone (All the drivers) were talking about this. I lol'd.

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

DOLEMAN wrote:

Did you follow the link to his message boards? Pages and pages of people tell him what they think of his comments(similar reaction to here), then he comes back and calls them all idiots. I think I'm going to go over and join the idiots and add to the flaming.

Asshat!

iguana wrote:
    Did you follow the link to his message boards? Pages and pages of people tell him what they think of his comments(similar reaction to here), then he comes back and calls them all idiots. I think I'm going to go over and join the idiots and add to the flaming.

Asshat!

Yeah, I'm one of the Steve's.

Seriously, what a moron. The black dude is my hero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Wow.. he really is an asshat... he seems most put out by the fact that the cabbie was black, that's like the biggest insult for him.

Well now to be fair, I think at the time he wrote that he was unaware that the guy was a taxi driver who was waiting for him in good faith and that it was entirely the Beeb's cockup. He could have been some chancer trying to get on the telly and deliberately bluffed his way on.

And he didn't criticise the fact that the guy was black; any more than he criticised the fact that he (the real Kewney) isn't. He was just making the point that there are few physical similarities between the two. If there is a more pasty-faced person than Guy Kewney in England, I've yet to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

What I'm wondering is, did the taxi driver receive a guest fee for his performance? He certainly deserved it :D

All the cabs the BBC use are on account :) He was probably just sitting waiting to drive the real guy home after the interview.

John

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is a general security article that has just appeared on The Register written buy the real Guy Kewney, although it could be the cab driver in disguise again, he didn't sound quite as pissed off in that piece though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

haha, I found that really funny :d

His face at the start was priceless :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Turns out he wasn't a cabbie after all. He is called Guy Goma and thought he was being interviewed for a job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774429.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

chamlis wrote:
    Give this guy his own show!
    What odds that he'll be on Big Brother this Thursday night?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

lol they have him on Channel 4 News right now talking about Hugo Chavez that is hilarouis

• Advertisement

Good thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

That would be frickin brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,854 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah so he was going for an IT job which is why he continued to answer the questions he was on ITV news today aswell, he to be a man of good humour and wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i like him now!! his face is priceless!

The round the twist remix rocks!
    great tv show
    Great theme tune
    just great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Absolutely hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Great stuff. It beats any of those crappy April fools. The Guy did well, fair play to him. If only I could be that cool under pressure. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

lol

what a legend. he's dressed nice for a cabbie i must say

..... penny dropping..... he wasn't a cabbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Damn its just been takin down, the bbc are pricks! I got to see it once though he face is legend at the start. fair play though he does a good job too.

Advertisement