Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric scooters

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

air wrote:
    Hilarious. I put the word petrol in the place of the word electricity. I think in the context of my other posts on the subject it was pretty clear what I meant.

Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute and / or any relevant experience in the area?

Did I miss the appology for your lecture on how I said you were wrong? No! Your arrogance on how I should conduct myself overrides your ability to say sorry it appears. :rolleyes: I knew what you meant and I pointed out your mistake yet your arrogance led you to give out about me personally. THere is your arrogance and offensive is below.

I admit I misunderstood your Clown comment but you certainly did suggest I was stupid which incase you don't know is an insult. THe funny thing is you accused me of being stupid after I highlighted a mistake you made and told you you made a mistake and you still didn't see it.:D

The contibution I am making is telling you to stop being rude and arrogant to everybody which is what you have done.

P.s.

Just like to point out somebody who actually uses such scooters agrees with me that the silent running is an issue which could mean
    a) You were wrong
    b) You made the incorrect assumptions
    c) They know more on the subject than you
    d) I was right in my speculation
    e) All of the above

I just wanted to discuss the bikes instead I got to listen to your arrogance and misrepresentation such as a quarter to a fifth of something is comparatively neglagible. So you know generally people would consider negalagible to mean less than 2% of something not over 20%.That is comparitively by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

The point which we were debating had nothing to do with the typo I made and it doesnt alter the original debate (which was I believe the relative taxation on electricity versus petrol), I dont see what I should be apologising for?

I never called you stupid at any point, I just pointed out that your poor spelling was making it difficult to interpret what you were talking about.
    Again, where have I been rude or arrogant?
    I never made any personal comments about you, indeed I know nothing about you.

With respect to the above tirade.
    a) Why? I just said that in my opinion silent running on this particular scooter wouldnt be a huge issue due to the points I made already. Is there a particular point I made which you feel is invalid?

b) What assumptions did I make which were incorrect?

c) I cycle up to 300 miles per week on a bicycle so I think I've got some right to speak on cycling / two wheel related topics.

As for d) and e) - What age are you?

As to the negligibilty issue I stated the figures for both levels of taxation and said that in my opinion it was negligible. My opinion is a matter for myself and I wasnt forcing it down anyones throat, indeed I provided the figures to let people make up their own minds.

P.S. As you feel the need to be pedantic - negligible is mispelled in your previous post, as well as contribution and apology.

Advertisement