Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Ballinasloe at last

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

I see "The usual Bar"(actual name, not my local) is starting a €25 entry + 1 €20 rebuy, 100% payout tourney tomorrow night in Ballinasloe(at last), winners also get entry into €70k Westwood event, any idea who is running the event? Read a recent thread concerning the CPT and somebody said they tried to organise the same kind of tourney and no-one showed, don't want to be sitting there on my own. It would be great if it took off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

If there is a ticket to some big event guaranteed wouldn't you want to be the only one there? Also I'd warn you to double check it is really 100% payout, a lot of people seem to be advertising 100% payout when they mean "100% payout of 80% of the money".

Also, there is a forum for this kind of question somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Also, there is a forum for this kind of question somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Apologies for that, being down the country we are very limited in offline action, this is the first game I know of down this neck of the woods. I thought others from around the midlands might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

its run by pokerevents. its a self deal tournie until last table. its def 100% payout. there will be tckets given out but its not to a 70k tournament. its to the weekly events which are 75+15 buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

patmac wrote:
    I see "The usual Bar"(actual name, not my local) is starting a €25 entry + 1 €20 rebuy, 100% payout tourney tomorrow night in Ballinasloe(at last), winners also get entry into €70k Westwood event, any idea who is running the event? Read a recent thread concerning the CPT and somebody said they tried to organise the same kind of tourney and no-one showed, don't want to be sitting there on my own. It would be great if it took off.

Hi this a pokerevents tournament. It is a weekly event. It's a 20plus5 with 1 20 re buy.
    Winners receive tickets to the 75freezeout in Athlone every Monday night in the Shamrock.
    Tonight had 33 runners with over 1k in prizemoney, just off the blower to pub owner and could hear much commotion in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

hows it goin fintan?any plans to run somethin similar in dublin for sats to gresham or red cow?there good tournaments but a bit steep for us students and a small buy in sat would suit!!

• Advertisement

POKERKING wrote:
    hows it goin fintan?any plans to run somethin similar in dublin for sats to gresham or red cow?there good tournaments but a bit steep for us students and a small buy in sat would suit!!

Hi, The Isaac Buts tournament is due to start on Wednesday May
    17th. This will have the same structure and feed the Gresham or the Red Cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

help. I'm going poker crazy, anyone know of nay poker torneys going on this weke in ballinasloe or athlone

big_iain wrote:
    help. I'm going poker crazy, anyone know of nay poker torneys going on this weke in ballinasloe or athlone

Tonight in the usual bar Ballinasloe or Raynors Athlone
    Tomorrow (wednesday) the Old oak Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

srry, to be pain,

Do you know what time the ballinasloe one starts cost, type etc,

iain

big_iain wrote:
    srry, to be pain,

iain
    Officially 8pm but usually 8.30 didn't go myself last night as I have Italy backed in the World Cup and didn't want to miss it, will be back next week.
    The first few tournies were like this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054936292
    but it has tightened up a lot since with 20-25 players and has become a nice game, and well run.

• Advertisement

big_iain wrote:
    srry, to be pain,

iain
    Also meant to add €20+€5reg and €20 rebuy or topup.

Advertisement