Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk at pub tourney

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭

I know there was a thread recently about this but this is another drunk guy story. Playing a pub tourney last night in Athlone, guy sits down has never played hold 'em before. Proceeds to drink loads and play stupidly and luckily all in with 8s5s filling a house etc. This guy is a nightmare needs to be told every time what to bet. betting out of turn, folding out of turn arguing over every decision with the td who did an excellent job imo. Some examples: king on the turn 2 other players all in with AK he calls with 33 hits 3 on the river massive pot. I have 6c3c flop 6h Kc Jc turn 10c I go all in 9,800 he says call then says he was only joking! 15 minutes of arguments and physical threats later the TD has to nearly pull the chips of him and I win. Then he goes all in with 5s 4c against AQ with A on the flop and fills a flush. I'd say we played half the amount of hands the other tables played. Anyway we are ready for the final table and believe it or not he is chip leader! But he refuses to go to the table thinking the poor TD is stealing chips of him, eventually he is persuaded to sit down, believe me I am waiting in the long grass for this guy but the eventual winner got him first. He went out like this: the river is an ace he has about 15000 in chips left and shows 88 out of turn and is told to leave them there is another guy to bet who seeing 88 raises all-in and guess what he calls. He finished 5th and got paid what a nightmare I came 4th but could have done better. The guys running the tourney certainly earned their money last night!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Lol, im so tired in work but that post just made my day. tY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

I was at a pub game last week, and I reckon the same guy was there. Unbelivable!! V frustrating, picking up his chips one by one every time action got to him, 'Whats this one?, what's this one?', and I mean EVERY time, EVERY hand. Telling people he can't open, threw a five euro note into the pot at one stage!! But same thing, hittin two/three outers for draws he didn't even know were there!!
    But most pub games are a joke generally, you have to expect a lower standard.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If pub tournies are the only thing that survive the blitz by McDowell I am never playing live in this country again. Pub tournaments must be the cockroaches of poker it seems.

Why am I even responding? Bah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Some other classics from the same player he is BB 1500 SB 800 every one else folds SB calls he folds! He's dealing yawn 5 minutes later we all have cards shortstack (he's been burnt twice by this guy already) has AJ spades about to go all in drunk guy drops the cards all over the floor where he had spilt a pint of Guinness earlier re deal he was lucky he didn't get a smack there and then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

lol I've just thought of a great way of putting my opponents on tilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

musician wrote:
    lol I've just thought of a great way of putting my opponents on tilt.
    This fella had the whole table on tilt!! Literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Poker law..... luck goes to the fish; bad beats go to the shark.

There is a difference between law and justice. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

he is BB 1500 SB 800 every one else folds SB calls he folds

Now that was funny :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i folded the BB once. lol. Totally was not paying attention at all and was on the phone and had crap cards so i chucked them in. The guy next to me said you know you just folded the BB. lol.

Atleast nothing came on the flop for me if it has i would have been pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

I saw it once where everyone up to small blind had folded, before the sb could act the bb folded so the bb folded to the sb. nearly wet myself laughing.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    If pub tournies are the only thing that survive the blitz by McDowell I am never playing live in this country again. Pub tournaments must be the cockroaches of poker it seems.

Why am I even responding? Bah!!!

Yeah, but no, but yeah. By the way the tourney was in Ballinasloe forget myself there, its the 3rd week in a row its been played average 34 players 1st 5 get paid and I've been paid twice another guy who is a good player has a record 3rd, 1st, 1st so it could be worth it if a: you have a gallon of beer and b: you have gallons of patience, and yes the whole table was on tilt!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I guess they may be a necesary evil though for those outside of the areas with proper places to play.

5starpool wrote:
    I guess they may be a necesary evil though for those outside of the areas with proper places to play.
    Exactly we ain't spoilt for choice in the area one game in Athlone on a Monday night and the odd CPT which I avoid. It's a grand night usually except for last night there was 6 players with steam coming out of their ears I'm sure we were just one nod away from steaming into him.

Advertisement