Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decoding mens brains

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sony wrote:
    maybe youre right mr corinthian-maybe im exactly that a typical irish male - sure you go ahead and decide for yourself sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning anyway:eek:
    Was that some sort of comeback? If so I suspect you may be exaggerating a tad on your aforementioned wit and irony.
    Remind me not to compliment Irish women again on here:p
    Cue violins... No one’s chastising you for complimenting Irish women, just for insulting the rest of the female population of the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

As an aside, Irish men are not famous for their capacity to chat up women. Their capacity to drink with their mates until drunk enough to make a ham fisted attempt at chatting up an Irish woman (who thankfully will often be as drunk as the male of the species) is not in question however.[/I].

and for the record there are both "bad irish men and good irish men". There are also irish men who are good at chatting up women and irish men who are bad at it which I think youll find with other nationalities...so the fact that you seem to blame "drink" or "irish mens inability to chat up women" on this girl not having anyone decent chatting her up doesnt say a lot for you neither "my friend":p

give it over-you started it

your big words dont intimidate me:cool:

the part about me not complimenting irish women was sarcasm im afraid-oh ill continue to do that alright;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

done a pretend magic trick that failed miserably which was his intention to get the ahhh vote. excellent).

It wasnt the one with 'pushing' the bottle through the hole in the beermat was it?? You always no someone is flirting with you when you get a magic trick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sony wrote:
    and for the record there are both "bad irish men and good irish men".
    I never said this was not the case, I simply pointed to a tendency of Irish men to behave in a certain manner. This is certainly not always the case and there are some Irish guys who do very well because they put the effort in, however more often than not, I’m sorry to say, it is the case.

People in Ireland do rely on alcohol too much for ‘Dutch courage’. This is in part because there is a very strong drinking culture from an early age, but also because, through a legacy of guilt-ridden Roman Catholicism, it is also often used to condone sexual activity. This is not to say that this does not exist elsewhere, but it is very prevalent here.

As an exercise, next time you find yourself in a group of friends, ask when was the last time they romantically kissed someone for the first time without a single drop of alcohol being drunk. You’ll then see what I mean then (assuming you’re old enough to drink in the first place).
    so the fact that you seem to blame "drink" or "irish mens inability to chat up women" on this girl not having anyone decent chatting her up doesnt say a lot for you neither "my friend":p
    No, I said that the reasons are probably down to something she’s better off asking a friend about.

That Irish men are not noted for trying to chat up women is simply an observation (and hardly an Earth shattering one) - if she doesn’t believe me she can try sitting on the Spanish Steps in Rome and see how long it’ll take for a guy to try to chat her up. Then she can try doing the same outside the gates of Trinity in Dublin, to see how long that takes. Answers on a postcard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sony wrote:
    Hairy marys-heard that one before alright...well mizz OP if youre up draggging fellas all over the dance floor I dont think you need much advice do ya?;) I had to stay in last night:rolleyes: so no dancing for me....

maybe youre right mr corinthian-maybe im exactly that a typical irish male - sure you go ahead and decide for yourself sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning anyway:eek:

Remind me not to compliment Irish women again on here:p

lol... ya.. see I aint shy sony... im just curious of men and their logics... your bein very helpful tho.. I must say.. so guys do dates anymore or is it always just drinks...

Im far from shy aswell mizz but you wouldnt see me dragging girls up on the dance floor like that:o

dates other than a few drinks? you mean go for dinner or someting like that? course we do-depends on the guy I suppose-youre getting me in the mood for going out now!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

I am afraid that it is a no win situation anymore. A lot of guys are just interested in having a few beers, a chat and not know if they approach a girl she will usually tell him to f**k off. I am afraid the majority of girls are like that. Therefore a lot of guys stay away and enjoy themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's no decoding men's brains; It's all out there for the world to see.

If you like a guy, approach him. It's really that simple. You have the upper hand here. It's easier for you to score than it is for him. He'll be delighted.

Irish girls in general, don't look beyond they're social group, when they're out they look at the floor or their friends and rarely maintain any sort of eye contact with "unfamiliar" males.

They make no effort to engage "unfamiliar" males, they seem to get more enjoyment from shooting down advances. I speak from experience, as I make it my business to approach women (PUA's or APUAs will know what I'm saying.)

Most Irish girls tend to over value themselves, and are more than likely need to be drunk before they can have sex for the fiirst time with a "new" partner.

I am Irish, and Irish girls in general annoy me, they have a bad attitude problem, who knows where they got it from cause my mums cool.

Lucky for us guys, Ireland is awash with Foreign Tottie.

• Advertisement

unattached wrote:
    Irish girls in general, don't look beyond they're social group, when they're out they look at the floor or their friends and rarely maintain any sort of eye contact with "unfamiliar" males.

They make no effort to engage "unfamiliar" males, they seem to get more enjoyment from shooting down advances. I speak from experience, as I make it my business to approach women (PUA's or APUAs will know what I'm saying.)

Most Irish girls tend to over value themselves, and are more than likely need to be drunk before they can have sex for the fiirst time with a "new" partner.

I am Irish, and Irish girls in general annoy me, they have a bad attitude problem, who knows where they got it from cause my mums cool.

Lucky for us guys, Ireland is awash with Foreign Tottie.

I second your thoughts. Sooner or later Irish guys are going to wake up to the wonder that is the "foreign tottie".

Here's a list of qualities I generally find in them.

-very friendly
    -approachable
    -not likey to burn you if you approach them
    -majority are quite goog lookin'
    -open minded to dating, ie not just gettin pished in slapper-face jocks nightclub.
    -receptive to the ould irish charm ;)

Now i haven't yet mentioned irish girls and i'm not here to berate ye either but ye could certainly take a leaf out of your european counterparts book.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

There are no quiet/shy guys? That is stupid cos im one anyway and im sure im not the only one. I find it really hard to chat with girls im attracted to in night clubs. My mind just goes blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The poor Irish girls are taking a lot of stick here. In the majority Ive always found Irish women very easy going & easy to have a laugh with. As for decoding mens brains, I thought we were an open book. As was said its not the easiest thing to approach a group of girls in a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 julie129

un_reggie wrote:
    I second your thoughts. Sooner or later Irish guys are going to wake up to the wonder that is the "foreign tottie".

Here's a list of qualities I generally find in them.

-very friendly
    -approachable
    -not likey to burn you if you approach them
    -majority are quite goog lookin'
    -open minded to dating, ie not just gettin pished in slapper-face jocks nightclub.
    -receptive to the ould irish charm ;)

Now i haven't yet mentioned irish girls and i'm not here to berate ye either but ye could certainly take a leaf out of your european counterparts book.

Oh pleeeeeeeeease

In any foreign country the opposite sex always seem more attractive than those at home even the less attractive ones

Sooner or later most of this attractive foreign girls will wake up to the gauchness and drunken boar that is the irish male, in fairness most of them haven't been in the country long enough to realise this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

While I "kind of" agree and have been dating foreign women much more regularly than Irish women over the last few years, I do think that there's a lot of generalisation going on here. Some Irish women are materialistic, gold-digging, mentally retarded Jewish princesses - some are fantastic, lovely sweet genuine girls. Foreign women are pretty much exactly the same. Probably in much the same ratio. It just depends on your own personal experience. If you've gone out with loads of Irish girls and they've all been bitches and then you meet the Swedish/Italian/whatever girl of your dreams... then it's very easy to make sweeping statements. At the end of the day, you have to take each girl as you meet them, no?

Advertisement