Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thing you miss most about Ireland

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

maninasia wrote: »
    When you are done moaning about your high wages compared to rest of the world, almost free education, social welfare system, easy working conditions, , 4 weeks or more holliers, cheap flights to any sun destination and good pubs and grub, come back to me:) Or would you rather work in the country I work in with 5 private holidays per year, about 8 public holidays per year and regular working hours 10 hrs/day with no overtime and salaries 1/3 to 1/2 those of Ireland (though low tax at least)? And that's still so good compared to OTHER countries in the region that there are 100,000s of foreign labourers and maids who flock here every year for basically slave labor wages. Well would ya punk>? Perhaps you would prefer pollluted air with your breakfast. Or how about 35C and clammy hmm. Maybe you would like 4 mths of darkness in Winter like half of Scandinavia? I've lived in various countries and I too have found out there is no perfect place (though Oz ranks up there on my list).

The weather is crap in Ireland as everybody knows so take your holidays when you can and look at the bright side.

Where in Asia are you???

Sounds nice.....

Advertisement