Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding Herbal Supplement Labels

Options
  • 22-04-2006 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

When you're looking at labels for herbal supplements how do you know the quality of the supplement? For example, I was looking at two brands of Saw Palmetto. One was GNC that had about about 500mg Saw Palmetto Berries Extract (Seronnoa repens). The other exactly the same but had 160mg.

The one with 160 mg was seemingly better as the GNC was extacted from the whole plant. But nothing I could see on the labelling said this. The only indicator the brand with 160gm was better was that it was more expensive. When I asked at the counter about the difference the person explained that GNC brand was extracted from the whole herb which was not as good as the other brand.

Can somebody please explain this in more detail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tigerblood

I had a very bad experience from saw palmetto, similar to the pfs guys that took propecia. There is a small percentage of men who cant take 5 ar inhibitors in herbal supplement or medicinal form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I wish i had the luxury of shopping for herbal supps.

Advertisement