Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring is ón TG4 now. About 16 years old now and I think this is the first time an Irish channel has shown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

The Imitation Game is on Film4 tonight at 9. Brilliant movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

FILM4 are continuing from last nite's Hunger Games all but the last of films this w/end

Catching Fire@9pm - Sat

Mockingjay: Pt1@9;m - Sun

& all three are repeated from 6.15pm next Thurs on same ch.

Goodfellas@10pm - Dave

Goodfellas is also on TG4@10.05 as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gladiator and Diner are on RTE 2

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Warsaw 44.
    Going to stick my neck out and say it's a brilliant film. It's a (anti) war movie set in Poland during the uprising of 1944. It's in Polish with subtitles.

• Advertisement

A Streetcar Named Desire @12.55pm - TG4

Around The World in 80 Days @1.10pm - RTE2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Canon Film classic Invasion USA just starting on TCM + 1

The Grand Budapest Hotel - Film4@9pm

Trainspotting - Ch4@10.05pm - The original film before the sequel comes out :eek:

If you're still up,

Ryan's Daughter - TCM @12.05am

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Belle is on Film 4 tonight.

It's a period drama about the mixed race daughter of a nobleman who is raised by her great Uncle, who is Lord Chief Justice at the time. It's set against the background of the court case surrounding the "Zong massacre" where the captain of a slave ship ordered his cargo be thrown overboard and left to drown and then tried to claim insurance for the losses.

It's a decent film, interesting to see that period of history through a different set of eyes for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm throwing this one in early - the very rarely seen original Gone in 60 Seconds is on Movies4Men/+1 Friday afternoon at 1 PM/2PM. It's not actually a work of art but it's a bit of cult legend at this stage. The final chase lasts about 30 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Belle is on Film 4 tonight.

It's a period drama about the mixed race daughter of a nobleman who is raised by her great Uncle, who is Lord Chief Justice at the time. It's set against the background of the court case surrounding the "Zong massacre" where the captain of a slave ship ordered his cargo be thrown overboard and left to drown and then tried to claim insurance for the losses.

It's a decent film, interesting to see that period of history through a different set of eyes for once.

Must say... I enjoyed that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Rover - TG4 tonight at 11pm.

Mud is on TG4 tonight at 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

Alien has started on SyFy at 9pm. Also Syfy+1 at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The Phantom Menace just started on Sky1. Now I'm not normally the one who would boost a Prequel, but it's a Star Wars movie on free TV, so take what we can get.

The Fighter on RTE 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Wild Tales is on Film4 at 9pm on Thursday (Argentine black comedy)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

brian_t wrote: »
    Wild Tales is on Film4 at 9pm on Thursday (Argentine black comedy)

haha logged in just to post that.:D

The Insider is on at 1am Thursday Morning on channel 4, another film worth a go.

Mean Streets is on BBC 2 10.30PM.

Early warning, Room is on Film 4 this Saturday at 9pm, for anyone yet to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Early warning, Room is on Film 4 this Saturday at 9pm, for anyone yet to see it.

Nice one, great movie! Just for clarification though it's actually on channel 4, on my box at least!

Nice one, great movie! Just for clarification though it's actually on channel 4, on my box at least!

You're right! FILM4 have been tweeting about it all day so I just assumed it was on there.

Paddington is on Film 4 tonight at 19:10.

My Brother The Devil is on BBC 1 at 0:10. Worth setting the DVR for. On paper it sounds like another urban youths on London estates kind of film but the central story is the relationship between 2 brothers and the two lead actors are excellent.

The Tree Of Life aat 11.55pm rte 1 tonight. :)

Boyhood is on film4 at 9pm Tuesday night.:)

And while obviously not as well known,the excellent Girlhood is on Thursday Night at 11.05pm.:)

Short Term 12 is on BBC2 at 11.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Shadow Dancer on BBC 2 at midnight tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Shout is on Talking Pictures Freesat 306, Freeview 81, Sky Channel 343. Saturday at 10PM

Alan Bates, John Hurt, Susannah York & Tim Curry in a somewhat bonkers fantasy horror tale about mysterious man who claims to have a magic Aboriginal power. Well worth seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dredd starting on Channel 4 at 10.35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

The Deer Hunter is on ITV4 tonight @ 9pm, it's a while since I last watch it.

Advertisement