Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

They Might Be Giants (1971) Nutty George C Scott thinks he is Sherlock Holmes, Joanne Woodward is his bemused doctor who is called er Watson they go after Moriarty.

Quirky romantic comic mystery. Its not obvious appeal material but its rarely screened.

Film4 Tuesday 11.20/12.20

Sounds good, but I don't see it in my listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

quickbeam wrote: »

It's actually on More4 (channel 139)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

quickbeam wrote: »
    RichT wrote: »
    It's actually on More4 (channel 139)

:o

Easy error for an old fella!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

:o

Easy error for an old fella!

Still couldn't find it till I realised it on in the morning not evening. Recording now set.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

You wait all week for a good movie then two come along at once.

Tv3 showing The Dark Night at 9
    Rte 2 showing The Tree of Life at 10:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Taken on TV3 tonight @ 9pm

La Grande Illusion (1937) Dir Jean Renoir

Generally considered one of the finest films ever made, nationalism and class played out in the context of a war.

Is to be found on Film ON channel freesat 410, not sure of the Sky number. I won't give a time as it pops up regularly but its after midnight as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

Kramer vs. Kramer is on Film4 at 2315 tonight. Will be my first viewing but I know it's highly regarded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

2012 is just starting on RTE2. Never seen it before, but it's off to a good start. We're only five minutes in, and already the neutrinos have mutated. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

bnt wrote: »
    We're only five minutes in, and already the neutrinos have mutated. :pac:

Damn neutrinos. Always acting the mick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

The Karate Kid starting on rte.

Edit - Sorry it is the stupid remake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

The Karate Kid starting on rte.

Edit - Sorry it is the stupid remake :(
    Ehhh, the remake is not bad...it's just the title that I take issue with. THIS AIN'T KARATE!

La Grande Illusion (1937) Dir Jean Renoir

Generally considered one of the finest films ever made, nationalism and class played out in the context of a war.

Is to be found on Film ON channel freesat 410, not sure of the Sky number. I won't give a time as it pops up regularly but its after midnight as a rule.

Just an update for cineastes - the print shown is good quality and its not dubbed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Zodiac on BBC 2 at 10.40pm

Haven't seen this since it was in the cinema so looking forward to a rewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Angels & Demon on RTE1 at 9.30 tonight

The Descendants is being shown on RTE1, Bank Holiday Monday @ 21:30. I don't think it's Alexander Payne's best film, but it's still a very good film regardless, with George Clooney and Shailene Woodley on top form.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

bnt wrote: »
    The Descendants is being shown on RTE1, Bank Holiday Monday @ 21:30. I don't think it's Alexander Payne's best film, but it's still a very good film regardless, with George Clooney and Shailene Woodley on top form.

It's worth watching just for George Clooney running in flipflops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Documentary feature 'One Million Dubliners' is on RTE later.

Superbly made documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rambler11

Iron man is on film 4 tonight. Enjoyable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Inside I'm Dancing TG4 at 9.30pm tonight

• Advertisement

High Noon (1952) is on RTE1, 2PM Saturday. Iconic.

Also: Sofia Coppola's Somewhere is on RTE2, 23:35 Saturday. I liked it, though not as much as Lost In Translation, and it's divided critics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Awesome Mexican cannibal horror We Are What We Are is on BBC2 at 01:05 tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Pretty Woman on rte 1 now

Takashi Miik's Lesson of Evil is on FilmFour tonight at 10:40 which is perfect timing given that my Blu-Ray arrived yesterday.

True Entertainment 9 PM Monday

The Day After - Dir Nick Meyer.

The 1983 nuke drama that had America hiding behind the sofa. Not a patch on Threads of course but probably worth checking out for the sake of curiosity. Still the most watched TV film ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

The second episode of David Simon's new series, Show Me a Hero, starring Oscar Isaac, is on Sky Atlantic tonight at 9pm. The first episode is still available On Demand. I haven't seen it yet but I'm expecting really good things. I know it's a TV show but Simon's stuff is always worth a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dredd: Film4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

'TAFFIN' on TG4 tonight. MAYBE YOU SHOULD WATCH IT!

late evening and later tonight.

BBC Two - Black Sheep - excellent New Zealand comedy about er killer sheep.

Channel 5 - Shoot 'em Up Clive Owen kills loads of baddies. In guilt free fashion. In 80 minutes plus adds.

Film4 - Dead of Night (1974) Rare screening for Bob Clarks second feature film is a slightly different vibe zombie film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The World's Fastest Indian is on BBC 2 today at 2.15pm. Its a very easy watch, feel good film, perfect afternoon viewing!

Advertisement