Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

It's A Boy Girl Thing started on BBC1 10 minutes ago. Brilliant Film.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you get Film4, they're showing Battleship Potemkin (1925) at 11am today, and (I presume) other times. You don't have to agree with its politics - you almost certainly won't - but this was the film in which Eisenstein pioneered film-making techniques we take for granted today, such as montage editing, cutaways, close-ups, and so on. Every time you see a baby carriage bouncing down steps (e.g. The Untouchables), it's a homage to Battleship Potemkin.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Intermission on TG4 tonight - get the brown sauce out :p

Hancock on RTE2 at 21.30

Road To Perdition on Sky Atlantic at 22.00

Bulletproof Monk on Comedy Central at 22.00

Saving Private Ryan on More4 at 23.00

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation on ITV4 at 01.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Goodfellas on TCM at 11:10pm.

Godfather 2 on Channel 4 at 12:20am.

• Advertisement

Hot Shots Part II TV3 now - Charlie Sheen in a "winning" role ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Their's no sound in space did ye know that?

I did actually. In space no one can hear you scream! Can't remember what film that tag line is from.

Doubt is on RTE 1 tonight

X-Men Origins on RTE2 at 21.15

Beverly Hills Cop on RTE1 at 01.10

The Godfather, Part III is on Ch4, 12:15AM. It's not quite as good as Parts I and II, which means that it's merely extremely good. It was supposed to be a coda, not a sequel, with the title The Death of Michael Corleone. But then the big studio got involved, and it's a bigger & longer film than planned, but I think it works very well as a film.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Children of Men is on ITV4 tonight at 9pm, The Others is on More4 at 10.20pm, Frantic is on TV3 at 11pm, Wag the Dog is on RTE2 at 12.25am, and Chopper is on CBS Action at 2.35am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

"An officer and a gentleman" 9 and 10 PM on film 4 and film four+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is on at 4:20am on Sky Action. Nostalgia!

Highh Fidelity is on TG4 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

transsibberian frantic doubt

which one thanks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Transsiberian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Transsiberian, much better than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You have 5 mins to set the video for Brian De Palmas Obsession on Horror Channel +1!

Timecop on TV3 ina minute.

State of Play is on TV3 at 9pm

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

District 9 is on at 9:30 on rte

• Advertisement

Also: The Witches of Eastwick (TV3, 23:35). If you haven't seen it ... it's a bit hard to describe. There are these witches in a small New England town, who accidentally summon Jack Nicholson because they're horny, and he proceeds to chew the scenery and ravage the witches, but he's not quite what they want in a man ...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

The Dark Knight is on TG4 tomorrow at 9.30pm. How one of the bigger channels not showing this with fanfare beyond me!!

Deisler wrote: »
    The Dark Knight is on TG4 tomorrow at 9.30pm. How one of the bigger channels not showing this with fanfare beyond me!!
    They have all shown it already, I'm near sure, fairly recently to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

whatever happened to all the good 'cop' movies

have they stopped makin them :confused:

anyone watching The Ruins on RTE2:eek::eek::eek:

Give ya the creeps...

Deisler wrote: »

It was on TV3 not so long ago

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Point Break is on bbc 1 in 15 minutes!!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Point Break is on bbc 1 in 15 minutes!!

Why was it on so late :(

Daytime: Casablanca (1942) is on Channel 4, starting just before 2PM. If you haven't seen this, you must. It was just another wartime pulp fiction to the cast and crew, but everything clicked and it became more than the sum of its parts. #19 on the IMDB Top 250.

• Advertisement

Tombstone on BBC1 at 23.45

Advertisement