Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of D12 shot dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

another bad day for rap. i was a big fan of proof, he was a great freestyler did great work with d12 and his own album searching for garcia . seen him live too with d12. what a pity. R.I.P. Proof. you will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Proof was/is the GOAT.No two ways about it.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

R.I.P Deshaun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

man this sucks, d12 are great, first bugs, now proof, damn rip dude god bless :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

never liked d12 but im not gonna just not say rip to the guy cos of it
    RIP proof..the good die young.....another senseless killing in the world of rap:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

I didn't like D12 either but I heard a freestyle with him and Eminem and he was remarkable. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thats terrible, I really liked proof, truly a dark day in rap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

IMO the only thing that I like about D12 are Proof and Eminem. It's hard to believe that this is still going on ten years after Tupac and Biggie. Proof never seemed like the type of person that would be a victim of this senseless crime.

R.I.P. Proof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You know its life imatating art, cause in the toy soldiers video they bury Proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

jeez reli cant believe this wat a dark day in rap , this guy will be missed no doubt R.I.P Proof

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real Soulja

DAM!!!
    I had and still will have much love for Proof. Didnt like D12 much but R.I.P Proof.

DAM!!!

Any one know any reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

R.I.P proof you were and always will be a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is depressing. Firstly because another talent is gone due to this ridiculous shooting bull**** and secondly how can D12 exist without Proof? Thirdly, poor Eminems best mate is dead...just after he divorced again too! So ****ing sad. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

****, couldnt believe it when i heard it. loved proof, R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

cheesedude wrote:
    This is depressing. Firstly because another talent is gone due to this ridiculous shooting bull**** and secondly how can D12 exist without Proof? Thirdly, poor Eminems best mate is dead...just after he divorced again too! So ****ing sad. :(
    He Divorced again???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

RIP proof.i really liked him.anyway anymore news on what happened and who killed him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

He Divorced again???

after 90 days i heard

found this on the BBC site
    Eminem's D12 bandmate shot dead
    A member of Eminem's rap collective D12 has been killed in a nightclub shooting in Detroit.
    Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, was shot at a club on Eight Mile Road, made famous in Eminem's autobiographical film 8 Mile.

He was a longtime friend of Eminem and had acted as his best man at his wedding in January.

A publicist for D12's record label Interscope said arrangements were being made for a memorial service.

Police said that two people had been shot in the head, one fatally, after an argument broke out at the CCC nightclub.

Movie role

Proof originally put forward the idea of forming D12 with friends he met at Detroit clothes store Hip-Hop Shop.

Despite Eminem's huge solo success he continued to record the group, which released albums D12 World and Devil's Night.
    The group scored a number two hit in the UK with Purple Hills in 2001 - which had its name changed from Purple Pills to ensure radio play - and My Band in 2004.

Proof made an appearance in the critically acclaimed 8 Mile and is credited on the award-winning soundtrack.

His best man duties came at Eminem's second wedding to Kim Mathers. The pair have since announced they are to divorce again after less then three months of marriage.

D12 member Obie Trice was recently shot at while driving in Detroit. He was wounded in the attack, while his girlfriend remained unhurt.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/4900690.stm

Published: 2006/04/11 16:47:18 GMT

although i may not be the biggest fan of rap in the world i respect D-12 and would like to say Rest In Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Any confirmation if Bizarre is the other lad who got shot?

yeah eminem is divorced again:D .whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Bizare was at home in atlanta had nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement

Kristok wrote:
    Bizare was at home in atlanta had nothing to do with it.

How do you know.where you with him at the time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

that bbc quote says obie trice is in d12 , hes in shadys crew but not in d12. and bizzare was not shot! . he was at his home at atlanta at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Rip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

bizarre was said to be at the club with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Sad,sad times ppl. Proof was legend n will be sadly missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

drdre wrote:
    How do you know.where you with him at the time:D

<Mod-Personal insults are against the rules-Mod>

allhiphop.com for actual news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

<Mod-Personal insults are against the rules-Mod>

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

BolBill, go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

I dont believe it. Its just a web rumour. Wheres the proof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement