Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Con Job

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

Laptop arrived safe and sound with upgrade and all. I'm very impressed with it so far, looks good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Have you read the fine print? Even if it is legally binding (doubtful imho) they will have a get out clause.

Since no money changed hands you cant say you suffered any financial loss. (at the time of cancellation anyhow) Not counting your phone calls :)

Personally Im surprised that you are still willing to buy from a company that has shown they dont give a toss about you or your custom.

That laptop was never 'yours' get over it and move on.

Having a problem with online ordering myself at the moment. 3 emails and one phone call later my attitude is if they cannot even get the order right, then I can't trust the company so I'm buying from somebody else. Bye bye Dell. Somehow I feel at this stage it isn't worth losing sleep over so currently writing a letter to them asking to cancel the order (though I suspect its already been cancelled by them anyway for whatever reason I will never know).

Never realised myself that the ordering system was such a farce but I worked for them in tech support for a year quite a few years back and there was a very adversarial attitude towards customers in Tech - rigid work procedures and a lack of shared business processes with other business units only made this worse. I didn't realise that sales and customer care had problems though, the impression I got at the time was that Dell cared about the initial order but the concern ended there. Now it looks as if it doesn't even go that far.

Advertisement