Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"An Evening with Dr. Deepak Chopra"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Obviously, anyone with whom you disagree with should be killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Yossie

Thanks Karoma and peckerhead for your positive contributions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Hand out some leaflets?

You will discover the intimate relationship between physical, quantum and non-local reality and how this connection helps us to understand the mechanics of the intuitive, creative, visionary and sacred responses.

I'd hand out leaflets that say 'Suckers!'

Seriously though, if he can get €75 from folks for this rubbish then fair play to him! If he goes for the bereaved or the sick like so many scumbag charlatans then I'd think some reaction would be appropriate, but fools and their money ... and all that :)

It's no worse than all the community schools doing 'Adult Education' - numerology, astrology and psychic development.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054871373

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Yossie

pH wrote:
    I'd hand out leaflets that say 'Suckers!'

Seriously though, if he can get €75 from folks for this rubbish then fair play to him! If he goes for the bereaved or the sick like so many scumbag charlatans then I'd think some reaction would be appropriate, but fools and their money ... and all that :)
    Saw this on the James Randi Educational Foundation website....
    (5) What harm does it do to simply let people believe in silly things? Why do you take away their pleasant delusions?
    The potential harm is very real, and dangerous. Belief in such obvious flummeries as astrology or fortune-telling can appear — quite incorrectly — to give confirmatory results, and that can lead to the victim pursuing more dangerous, expensive, and often health-related scams. Blind belief can be comforting, but it can easily cripple reason and productivity, and stop intellectual progress. We at JREF never try to impose our beliefs or philosophies on others; we only try to inform them, and suggest that there are alternate choices to be made. Examples of personal tragedies resulting from an uncritical embrace of supernatural claims, are plentiful.
    The italics are my own emphasis in response to Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Yossie wrote:
    No, this is not a gangster rapper with a Ph.D; he's a lot more dangerous than that. He's a front-line enemy of science.

http://www.nch.ie/whatson/concert_details.asp?eventId=2808&dateId=14155

Could we do something about this?

Hand out some leaflets?

Picket it?;)

€75 per person per night ... Man I'm in the wrong business ... :D

I love the phrase "human potential", it has got to be one of the cleverest marketing phrases since "sliced bread, better than not sliced".

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Obni

A 1200 seat venue at €75/€50 per seat. Whatever the great secrets of reality that Chopra has discovered, they obviously require one to have a bucket-load of cash.

Unfortunately on 4th April I have the arduous task of attending a conference at the Marriot Druid's Glen, followed by dinner and a free-bar.
    Now that's the way to unlock the hidden dimensions of my life!

And as for the meaning and purpose of existence, well that would be the complimentary round of golf the following morning.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yossie wrote:
    The italics are my own emphasis in response to Karoma

You're too kind. Have some italic in return as payment.

I'm will not disagree with whether he's a fraud or what-not.
    However:
    It's arrogance to assume that you are in a position to 'educate the ignorant masses'.
    It's freedom of choice.
    It's a prime example of a fool and his money... :)

Why don't you stand outside any church and "do something"?

Advertisement