Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Courses in Tallaght!

Options
  • 06-01-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone there are a few courses starting soon out in Old Bawn School in Tallaght (beside the Square). I signed up for the Psyhic Development one last time but there werent enough people interested.

They are enroling on Thurs 12th Jan 7-9pm, Sat 21st Jan 11am - 1pm and daily from Monday 16th Jan 12-4pm

The courses start on Jan 31st for:

Psyhic Development €132
    7.30pm - 9.30pm

Reading Tarot Cards Higher and Numerology €87
    7.30pm - 9.30pm

& Jan 26th for:

Tarot Cards €87
    7.30pm - 9.30pm

There are always people on here asking about courses so here you go.

Anyone wants any other info just pm me.

6th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What does it involve?

EDIT: realise now you said PM you...but I see no harm in discussing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I havent a clue what it involves?

Psyhic Development: In this basic course enhance your intuitive powers and your self development. (manual included).

Tarots Cards: This course covers the divinatory meaning, a variety of spreads and lays emphasis on psyhic development.

Thats just the little bits on the leaflet i got.

They arent cheap but I think for anyone who wants to develope a bit more it could be well worth it.
    I've no problem discussing it here, I just put down to pm me if anyone wanted phone numbers for the place. I'm not involved with it in anyway so i'm only promoting it cos I plan on doing it.

6th

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd be interested in the Psychic Development course too, tallaght's a little awkward for me to get to after work (M50, toll bridge etc) but the only other place that seems to do them was in Dunboyne (iirc) and that's not much better. Any idea how long the course runs for and who's behind it ? A quick google turned up this but there's not much details there.

cormacs wrote:
    personally i think its a bit sad that interest in the paranormal has gotton so trendy that theres now courses for it. bit like california. You'd probably learn more and save money by doing a bit of research in the library.

So anything that there is a course in must be trendy? what about Yoga and the like? Surely proper instruction on breathing techniques and meditation is better learnt in person ....... sure you probably learned everything you know about kissing and the opposite sex from books too?

Now on to Stevenmu, yeah i know tallaght can be a pain to get to. There isnt much info on it but I've heard the guy that does the psyhic development is very good, might actually do the tarot card one as it focuses on development too. If i can give anymore info i will. Might try get a number for the guy teaching it and ask him, i know he does weekend workshops too.

6th

Think I'll sign up for this anyway, in the scheme of things €130 seems reasonable compared to some of them (I've seen others before for around €300).

• Advertisement

I'm n ot sure weather to do the psyhic development or the Tarot card one as the tarot card on does psyhic dev too!

6th

How long does the course go on for? I don't think I could do it myself, but I'd love to hear how it turns out. Especially to see if you miss your 150e...

Its a 10 week course so thats 20 hours ... its only €6.60 per hour ... bargain even if its crap!

Zillah wrote:
    Especially to see if you miss your 150e...
    Personally I'll miss the €130 whatever way it works out :v:

In fairness that seems like a very good price compared to this same length course which is €350, and (according to the website) is in high demand. Tbh I feel pretty good about the price of this course, granted I haven't actually taken it yet, but in comparison to others it seems much more like a genuine person trying to make a living from it than someone profiteering from a trend.

dunlin6th wrote:
    I'm n ot sure weather to do the psyhic development or the Tarot card one as the tarot card on does psyhic dev too!
    I thought about that too, but tarot cards alone is a pretty big topic so I'd imagine the focus on pyschic dev is pretty limited compared to the other course. Seeing as that's what I'm mainly interested in I'm going to stick with the psychic dev one for now anyway and maybe try the tarot one another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Why bother with a course? Most of the people I know who read tarot got the cards and books and learned for themselves (the rest I never asked).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kazibums

http://indigo.ie/~obcsaded

Here's the website for all courses running

Cheers Kaz ... I suppose it would have helped if i put that up first?

Will you be doing a course this time?

6th

Ironic, but not neccessarily a paradox.

cormacs wrote:
    .....dont you think its terribly ironic to have to do a course to learn to be intuitive?

I studied as a sculptor for years, I know I can turn a jump of wood into something beautiful. People thing only people with a "gift" can do art but I've seen people learn the skills and learn how to use the tools to do amazing things.

6th

cormacs wrote:
    dont you think its terribly ironic to have to do a course to learn to be intuitive?
    A good point, I think it's more learning how to listen to your intuition than learning to be intuitive, altough part of it would be improving your intuition and concentration through practice (in the same way you can improve your memory). The techniques for doing this aren't exact sciences, such as equations you could read from a maths book, and it'd be helpfull to have someone there to put questions to and other people to discuss things with.

Well I just signed up for the psychic development and put tarot cards as my second choice.
    They said enrolement starts at 7pm? I got there at 6.50pm and still there was a name down before mine! .... how do yu do it Kazibums?

6th

:eek: Forgot all about this, just rang them and there's still a few places left and they're still enrolling at the daily times mentioned above, or over the phone with a credit card (the number is on the link Kazibums posted).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

If I were still living here... I'd prolly have booked a place myself, but seeing as I'm not, I'm gonna look at going to a Spiritualist church over here to see what it's like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kazibums

dublin6th wrote:
    Cheers Kaz ... I suppose it would have helped if i put that up first?

Will you be doing a course this time?

6th

Hey

How's the course going? Would have liked to have done it, but was able to get into sign class mid-year so have joined that insted.

Would like to hear feedback on it, whats covered or any thing of interest happening in the class. Is Tom Collings teaching it?

Regards
    Me

Advertisement