Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bebo...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

We haven't banned Bebo mostly because UCD authorities have a logic that if we ban Bebo then it will just be another site another day.Basically they're doing a kneejerk reaction "oh stop it its bad"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well, it's not like the ban would have an affect on it's usage...
    Bah!
    I don't mind people using it as long as it is not in the ****ing library.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Well, it's not like the ban would have an affect on it's usage...
    Bah!
    I don't mind people using it as long as it is not in the ****ing library.
    Speaking of the library, according to toilet graffiti lore there's a Conor Newman Bebo page. Problem is they didn't make it publically viewable...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is much lore of Commor Newman. All hail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Who is he?

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    Who is he?
    I don't know.

I don't know.

I am shocked! Such band-wagon jumping!

Oh and I have a bebo page and I tried to register as a NUIG student using my college e-mail but it didn't work - would this have anything to do with the ban?

(And why have I it? - well, good way of keeping in touch with people)

simu wrote:
    I am shocked! Such band-wagon jumping!

Oh and I have a bebo page and I tried to register as a NUIG student using my college e-mail but it didn't work - would this have anything to do with the ban?

(And why have I it? - well, good way of keeping in touch with people)
    I don't think it should be anything to do with the ban. They don't ban it at all hours or sth. Also it is not banned in nuns island...
    I registered with my email but that was before the 'great fall'.
    So now who's hopping on the banned wagon?

So now who's hopping on the banned wagon?

Meh sister forced me to do it. Who are you on there? (unless tis top secret)

simu wrote:
    Meh sister forced me to do it. Who are you on there? (unless tis top secret)
    Don't take no lip from a youngin'. Give her the belt! (Maybe something that is 'in' this season to add to the pain'.
    http://Peas-.bebo.com

Look I put a sexy mod in my pic!
    I had such short hair back then...

• Advertisement

Don't take no lip from a youngin'. Give her the belt! (Maybe something that is 'in' this season to add to the pain'.
    http://Peas-.bebo.com

Look I put a sexy mod in my pic!
    I had such short hair back then...

Zomg - your page is a million times cooler than mine - have friended you, tho!

Update: just got the e-mail thang working. Sweet!

simu wrote:
    Zomg - your page is a million times cooler than mine - have friended you, tho!
    All I have done is add a hoff video and the music I like.
    The hoff coolified it right up.
    Omg we're bff's now!

I am scared by the stalking potential of that site actually... :-o

People have complained about that.
    Sure don't worry about bebo's security. If anything it will be me selling you out that enables the KGB( or whoever) to find you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

simu wrote:
    Who is he?
    He's what makes any trip to the gents in the library a joy. That and the graffiti I saw last week on floor 2 of a swastika made of cock'n'balls motifs.

Dang! Boo to sexual segregation in toilets!

(Altho' that may have its advantages too).

In Aras in chaithail the toilets are for men and women. It's a veritable wonderworld:eek:

In Aras in chaithail the toilets are for men and women. It's a veritable wonderworld:eek:

Oh, do tell.

Just like Ally McBeal, I'd imagine!

(hate that show, though)

Well, it wouldn't be shocking to you, all the real action goes on in the ladies anyway, jaysus, talk, talk, talk.

/me remembers 'Single female lawyer' from Futurama and laughs my ass off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 powelly

is now banned in college, ha!
    All I have been seeing for weeks is people on this site.
    A huge number of students complained, or so the message goes. Hopefully they will not flock to sites I actually like and get tehm banned similarily.
    In summation, I find it funny. I'm getting emails saying, oh noes, bebo is banned, and it gives me a good laugh.

Use (On firefox)

https://vtunnel.com

Always works for me, on vtunnel type in the address you want to see and it will encrypt the address with numbers so the banning filter will no see bebo.com it will see vtunnel.com/234/234/432/12/4 etc.

;)

I know this was a bit of a bump on the thread, but i thought i'd share my thoughts :)

Advertisement