Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choices!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 x_TC_x

Jakkass wrote:
    *shudders* science sickens me

Believe me I know exactly how you feel! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

well its just that I had this terrible teacher for 3 years of JC who couldn't teach properly the highest 2 marks in our class were C's

Jakkass wrote:
    well its just that I had this terrible teacher for 3 years of JC who couldn't teach properly the highest 2 marks in our class were C's

God. Apparently I had a good teacher. Well yeah she was good seeing as she knew I texted and passed notes the whole way through class and never stopped me hahaha x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fluffykittens:)

i have to pick by the 6th of april and i know so far english, irish, maths, italian, art. i know i want to do Classical studies but i dont know if there'll be a big enough class of people wanting to do it in my school... it has to be 'viable'!:mad: and then i think biology maybe or maybe history or maybe geography...:confused:

i have to pick by the 6th of april and i know so far english, irish, maths, italian, art. i know i want to do Classical studies but i dont know if there'll be a big enough class of people wanting to do it in my school... it has to be 'viable'!:mad: and then i think biology maybe or maybe history or maybe geography...:confused:

I heard Classical Studies is like the picture part of the Junior Cert History Paper?! x

• Advertisement

no its about Greek mythology... we never got to do any of the interesting ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im now in 5th year and picked History,Physics,Accounting and French! Have forgotten everything from Physics cos teacher has been out for bout 5 weeks now. Im only doin it to keep my options open. History is really interestin if ya like it but watch out for the essays. Awkwardly long! I re-discovered my love for French. Doesnt mean im good at it but its not too bad! Accounting would be my best subject so i like it. Dont find it too bad. Lets hope i get the points for Arts!

Jakkass wrote:
    no its about Greek mythology... we never got to do any of the interesting ones :(

ah. and i have no clue what you mean but i'll accept it haha x

Mushy wrote:
    Im now in 5th year and picked History,Physics,Accounting and French! Have forgotten everything from Physics cos teacher has been out for bout 5 weeks now. Im only doin it to keep my options open. History is really interestin if ya like it but watch out for the essays. Awkwardly long! I re-discovered my love for French. Doesnt mean im good at it but its not too bad! Accounting would be my best subject so i like it. Dont find it too bad. Lets hope i get the points for Arts!

is accountancy alot different from the accountancy in junior cert? and french too? x

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Gave in my form for it last week...
    1. Music
    2. Art
    3. Latin
    and if i don't get Latin, Biology...

Will probably take up Itallian and Classical studies out side of school or something. Although as far as I know, if i get Latin I can't take up Classical Studies too because they clash... I think... Only able to take up three sujects in my school..
    So crap..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Gave in my form last week:
    French
    History
    Biology
    Physics
    Applied Math
    & maybe TD - the jury's still out on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

I have to hand mine in this friday... At the moment I'm thinking

Irish, English, Maths
    History
    French
    Chemistry
    Business

I'd love to do Classical Studies, but I'm not sure if I'll do it in school. Does anyone know if you can do it anywhere else in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

i dont have to choose til start of may! :eek: it sucks in a way cos i dont have much time to come up with a plan B other then bribe a few teachers (it has been known to work!):D
    i want chemistry biology french and geography
    should be a fun next 2 years!

mine dont have to be in until april 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Mine were meant to be in by... a couple of weeks ago. Maybe a month ago. I may have not given the form in... but I'm doing physics, art, french, applied maths and music.

takin up Music? or have you done it this year as well? You seem v.mathematical, physics & applied maths should tie in nicely with eachother and maths I suppose too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

We chose our leaving cert. subjects at the end of third year. I chose:
    • physics
    • technical drawing
    • accounting
    • french
    and then I've to do english, irish and maths of course.

We've had (lots of) classes in these subjects since September. Doing the courses (most of them illegally I think). A maths inspector was in about a month ago and we had to stop doing the book (for the first time ever) and listen to the teacher go on about number systems (not on the course).

Haven't ye been doing any of your LC subjects all year? I'm glad I'm doing them, just so it's not a complete waste of seven hours a day.

EDIT: I'm gonna look into doing applied maths outside of school so I can do crap in the english exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Ours haven't come around yet, but I'm thinking:
    French,
    History,
    Phys/Chem,
    Business.
    I've changed my mind a lot.
    French,
    Physics,
    Accounting,
    Construction.

Jakkass wrote:
    takin up Music? or have you done it this year as well? You seem v.mathematical, physics & applied maths should tie in nicely with eachother and maths I suppose too :)
    I am indeed taking up music. However, I've been playing violin since I was 7, so I think I have enough musical background that I won't be too lost.

And heh, yeah, hopefully physics, applied maths and maths should overlap nicely.

I originally wanted to do chemistry instead of music, but my school isn't offering it, and my other options aside from music were business and geography. So, yeah.. music for me. Tis an 8th subject anyway.

meh yeah thats plenty, I believe your practical for LC is meant to be at a Grade 5 RIAM standard and you must have that by playing since you were 7.

• Advertisement

Well, my next exam will be grade 7 associated board.. not sure how it translates over with the academy but should be okay.

meh i'd reckon about the same, i've decided to drop it for LC anyhow

Whyso? I may drop it if I don't like it, being my 8th subject, but I shall see.

The practical and getting everything together was a bit frustrating at JC time, and it was a choice between Music and Business in the same block. I thought that Business would be of more use to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

I wanted:

German
    Business
    Chemistry
    Biology

I got:

Biology
    Geography (Didn't do this for Junior Cert)
    Accounting
    French (I'm waaay better at German)

I want to be a doctor so I have to take Chemistry out of school. It's not on next year in our school and physics is on at the same time as Biology. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

Me = English
    Irish
    Maths
    German
    Geography
    History
    Economics
    Biology

All higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

Munya wrote: »
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    German
    Geography
    History
    Economics
    Biology
    Hmm I changed my mind it seems.
    I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, German, Accounting, Economics and Chemistry.

Advertisement