Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opteron 144 + Expert

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dman_15 wrote:
    Just play about with them. There is no rule as to what works. You'll have to try them all.
    Async should be higher than read preamble, but thats the only rule. 8 6 wont post for me but 9 6 is sweet as a nut. It really is just time and guesswork

well there are articles on all these on dfi-street, but i couldnt be arsed to read all of them, so its not really guesswork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Gline a quick question.

What on earth do you use your 4super computers for ??

I have just one very outdated computer and it does all i want for me "see sig".

BadCharlie wrote:
    Gline a quick question.

What on earth do you use your 4super computers for ??

I have just one very outdated computer and it does all i want for me "see sig".

well main rig is gaming mainly, 2nd rig = ftp/network/fileserver (which i will be making into dual xeon and selling the rest off), 3rd rig - media centre
    4th rig is being built to be sold

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Can you not adjust the temperature of the Mach 2, so that it doesnt cold bug????

Like adjust it so that its around 20 degrees load and not -20 load

conzymaher wrote:
    Can you not adjust the temperature of the Mach 2, so that it doesnt cold bug????

Like adjust it so that its around 20 degrees load and not -20 load

yup, thats the next plan, Dman_15's solution didnt work, it didnt change anything, its looking more like cold bug, as the cpu is @ -25degrees il try it @ 0 or +10 maybe, shouldnt be a problem there

• Advertisement

damn, it is definitly cold boot issue

i booted the cpu up @ about -10 and it worked, froze when it got past -20
    u cant set the mach2 to work at a certain temp, so looks like il have to try a different cpu in it, il have to try the 146 thats coming this week in it and see if i have better look with that :mad:

why not do that 24/7???

There is no performance difference in running at -25 or 25 degrees, so why run it at -25 when all that does is coldbug and create condensation.

I bet it will be grand if you run it at 20 degrees;)

conzymaher wrote:
    why not do that 24/7???

There is no performance difference in running at -25 or 25 degrees, so why run it at -25 when all that does is coldbug and create condensation.

I bet it will be grand if you run it at 20 degrees;)

i dont think u got what i said.... i said u CANT set the mach 2 to run @ a certain temp, it runs at the coldest it can go which is -50 (which the condensor is at). the only thing u can set is boot temp, at what temp it allows ur pc to start booting, but once it begins booting the head is still getting colder and colder until it reaches its coldest temp which is roughly -50

also cold bug has nothing to do with condensation.....

condensation does not form with the mach 2 kit, as it has a heater located at the back of the motherboard and a sensor to detect moisture if there is a small airhole in your seal, heater kicks in if it detects moisture. and the whole mounting kit is airtight so condensation isnt supposed to form.. so thats not really an issue.

cold bug is the inability of the memory controller on the cpu to function correctly at a certain temp below 0 usually between -5 and -20

the fix for this is to get a new cpu for the rig, il try my 146 on it wen i get it, if that doesnt work i'l have to go for something like an fx60 or similar chip, they dont suffer as badly from cold bug, only happens on those really under about -60 or below :D

thanks for the suggestions guys, kept me sane ;)

I know what cold bug is:o

And that "anti-condensation" feature sounds great.

But they should have put a temperature control on it:rolleyes:

All it is, is a freezer / airconditioning unit,

I say sell the Mach 2 get a good water kit or a freezer64 pro.

I would prefer a working 144 at 3ghz, instead of a 144 at stock at -50 degreas:p

conzymaher wrote:
    I know what cold bug is:o

And that "anti-condensation" feature sounds great.

But they should have put a temperature control on it:rolleyes:

All it is, is a freezer / airconditioning unit,

I say sell the Mach 2 get a good water kit or a freezer64 pro.

I would prefer a working 144 at 3ghz, instead of a 144 at stock at -50 degreas:p
    im not going to be leaving the 144 @ stock, i will be using it in an air colled rig, my sli-dr rig with xp120 :D

as for the mach 2, i will stick the 146 in it and see if that is affected, not all opterons are affected by the cold bug.. i might get lucky, still dont know what stepping i will get from komplett.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement