Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Law!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 glenb94

Hey, I'm hoping to do a Law course in TCD next year, but I don't know whether to go for Pure Law or Law and Politics. I hear that if I was to do Law & Pol, there'd be a lot more work and so my degree would probably suffer. What's the differences in workload and lecture hours between the two?

Also, is it true that your final score after the 4 years depends on the result of your lowest subject, so if if someone got a 1-1 in law and a 2-1 in politics, they're final degree would be 2-1 ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

In terms of law reading, is it at all like reports about things? Like how sometimes HSE will issue a report about child protection or LGBT Health? If I like reading those would I be ok at law stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fantine

Chuchoter wrote: »
    In terms of law reading, is it at all like reports about things? Like how sometimes HSE will issue a report about child protection or LGBT Health? If I like reading those would I be ok at law stuff?
    It'd be mostly cases tbh, with reading from the book and a few articles (if you're feeling dedicated). There might be one or two reports that would be relevant to certain things, but they're definitely not what you'd be reading often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Reports by the HSE would be more likely the reading material of people doing healthcare degrees.

For Law, i'd imagine it would be stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭whendovescry

Reports by the HSE would be more likely the reading material of people doing healthcare degrees.

For Law, i'd imagine it would be stuff like this.

that's a work of Dostoevsky compared to what I studied!

OP, law can be hideously boring so don't enroll unless you have researched it thouroghly. Go into a bookshop/library and browse through Byrne and McCutcheom; On the Irish Legal system, to give you a taste of the law genre. I'll think you'll find it's very much an acquired one :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement