Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican restaurant in Limerick?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've not tried the place yet but have heard from one group (prebooked) who were asked to go to The Locke and await their table, and another (also prebooked) who did not get fed at all.

Not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tshanx

elmolesto wrote:
    I went to Los Amigos twice since they opened. Its real mexican food ( I know the owners, they brought a chef from Mexico ). The food is delicious but the service can be slow if they are busy.

:eek: I went to Los Amigos with a party of 5 on Saturday night after reading a number of good reviews. Restauarant was nice, although a little quiet when we went in. We were the 2nd table there.
    We all placed our orders, we went with a selection of starters between us, which were very good.
    When the main course arrived, mine didn't. The waiter Pedro then came to the table and said that he was sorry but could he check what I had ordered(ie they forgot to put my order in). I waited 20 minutes for my main course, at which time the rest of the table had finished their food.
    I let it go as I was with friends, but it really did ruin my night.
    When the bill came they charged the full amount. I went up to complain and spoke with the owner who told me she did not know there was a delay. I suggested that they did not charge for my main course. They then sent the waiter down to the table who said it was policy not to discount.
    In dealing with the matter in this way, I will never return(even though I was going to suggest it for our Christmas Party) and I will tell a lot of people about my experience.
    I would lay odds on that they will not be there in 2008 if they treat their customers with such contempt. I will be writing a letter into them also to state my disappointment. It is such a shame as the food was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Wont be going there so.
    Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

That is indeed very bad customer service.

I ate there about 4/5 months ago with my g/f. We had a fantastic meal, everything was top notch. The person who I believed to be the owner, from Mexico himself, came down and offered us 2 Tequilas on the house just as our starters arrived. None of this cheap Olmeca sh*t either, can't remember for the life of me what it was called, but it was beautiful. We also got a plate of Paella on the house during the main course. :)

What happened you was bad form, but I had a great meal, and the best service of my life in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

went to the diner/restaurant place on o'connell st. It was horrible. Salsa looked old and plae or something. They gave us that eddie-rockets style fake cheese and the food was just plain poor.

Luigi Malones beside it might be a good choice. I've been to the Luigi Malone's in Dublin and they do excellent fajitas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Any one know if they do a starter called Mexican barrels? I got them before in a restaurant called Mustang Sally's (by Teds night club) they are so good but I can't seem to find them an anywhere. I’m not a lover of Mexican food but this starter was out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pwd wrote:
    went to the diner/restaurant place on o'connell st. It was horrible. Salsa looked old and plae or something. They gave us that eddie-rockets style fake cheese and the food was just plain poor.

Luigi Malones beside it might be a good choice. I've been to the Luigi Malone's in Dublin and they do excellent fajitas!

That place is now a fish n chip shop. Was in there a few weeks ago, they didn't have any chicken burgers or curry sauce at the time. Not much of a chipper then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 moc_94041

I went to Los Amigos with a few girlfriends to celebrate a birthday, it was beautiful. They even came to our table and sang Happy Birthday to our friend, and we got a free bottle of wine. Couldn't fault it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pedro2009

Although it is a restaurant policy not to intervene in these type of blogs, I have asked permission to do so as i have been directly involved, on the service that i provided the past 29 September 2007.
    The booking was received at the time solicited by our client. Being asigned their table without any incoveniences. There were 6 customers and since the beggining it wasnt easy to place an order for drinks/foods/soft drinks as the customers were constantly outside in our smoking area. The order for the starters was a mix selection for everybody at the table, giving more time to make a better choice for the main course. After a while the order for the main course was taken, but one order was missing because the gentleman wasnt at the table at the time the rest of the customers asked for their order to be taken. His order was taken after a while and served no longer than 5 minutes after his friends food arrived. these timings have all being kept in our pixelpoint til system. At that time i served "Tacos Dorados" followed by a double order of "Gambas al ajillo" i asked the gentleman if everything was ok and if he was happy with both his main course and the service, to what he replied with a smile, after a few minutes everybody at the table was gone to our smoking area located at the front of the restaurant, leaving no clear sight of dissapointment by both the empty plates nor the attitude of the clients towards the service at the time. The only time when i noticed some type of disagreement towards my service however was when i presented the gentleman with the bill. therefore i would invite every customer who wishes to come and confirm that the services provided are designed to meet 100% with all our customer demands when its rightful to do so.

thank you and we will be waiting for you at los amigos.

sincerely yours

Pedro Ansotegui general manager for restaurante los amigos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alex8

I Am Sick Of People Trying To Give Bad Names To Places , And Try To Trick In Order To Take Advantage Of Businesses.
    I Have Been To Restaurante Los Amigos And I Found It To Be A Very Good Place To Go To Eat And Relax While I Enjoyed A Different Atmosphere.
    Los Amigos Is A Cheap Enough Place For The Quality Of Their Food And Service, It Is A Fancy But Very Affordable Place.
    I Had A Very Good Time There, And I Got Plenty Of Complimentary Finger Food , I Left Very Happy And Satisfied And Surprised Of How Affordable It Was As It Looked Much More Expensive. I Ended Up Paying Under €70 For 3 People Including A Bottle Of Wine. I Have No Complaints As The Service And Food Were Excellent, I Am More Than Happy To Come Back. And I Am Deffinately Suggesting It For A Christmas Party.
    I Do Think Los Amigos Is Going To Be Very Successful, And I Wish Them Luck For The Coming Year

Alex B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

pedro2009 wrote:
    Although it is a restaurant policy not to intervene in these type of blogs, I have asked permission to do so as i have been directly involved, on the service that i provided the past 29 September 2007.
    The booking was received at the time solicited by our client. Being asigned their table without any incoveniences. There were 6 customers and since the beggining it wasnt easy to place an order for drinks/foods/soft drinks as the customers were constantly outside in our smoking area. The order for the starters was a mix selection for everybody at the table, giving more time to make a better choice for the main course. After a while the order for the main course was taken, but one order was missing because the gentleman wasnt at the table at the time the rest of the customers asked for their order to be taken. His order was taken after a while and served no longer than 5 minutes after his friends food arrived. these timings have all being kept in our pixelpoint til system. At that time i served "Tacos Dorados" followed by a double order of "Gambas al ajillo" i asked the gentleman if everything was ok and if he was happy with both his main course and the service, to what he replied with a smile, after a few minutes everybody at the table was gone to our smoking area located at the front of the restaurant, leaving no clear sight of dissapointment by both the empty plates nor the attitude of the clients towards the service at the time. The only time when i noticed some type of disagreement towards my service however was when i presented the gentleman with the bill. therefore i would invite every customer who wishes to come and confirm that the services provided are designed to meet 100% with all our customer demands when its rightful to do so.

thank you and we will be waiting for you at los amigos.

sincerely yours

Pedro Ansotegui general manager for restaurante los amigos

If this is the general manager then I think it's great he made this post and stuck up for the restaurant. I am going to book a table for the weekend and I will let everybody know what I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

A big bunch of friends and I booked Los Amigos a couple of weeks ago and I was thoroughly impressed, good food, friendly service, nice area (the shannon is just outside, as is the Locke Bar), great selection of drinks and the bill was so much less than I expected that I actaully thought they had made a mistake, but no, just great value, one of the better restauants in Limerick I think, especially for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

I miss Los Amigos great restaraunt great food and fantastic cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's Gone??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

alex8 wrote: »
    I Am Sick Of People Trying To Give Bad Names To Places , And Try To Trick In Order To Take Advantage Of Businesses.
    I Have Been To Restaurante Los Amigos And I Found It To Be A Very Good Place To Go To Eat And Relax While I Enjoyed A Different Atmosphere.
    Los Amigos Is A Cheap Enough Place For The Quality Of Their Food And Service, It Is A Fancy But Very Affordable Place.
    I Had A Very Good Time There, And I Got Plenty Of Complimentary Finger Food , I Left Very Happy And Satisfied And Surprised Of How Affordable It Was As It Looked Much More Expensive. I Ended Up Paying Under €70 For 3 People Including A Bottle Of Wine. I Have No Complaints As The Service And Food Were Excellent, I Am More Than Happy To Come Back. And I Am Deffinately Suggesting It For A Christmas Party.
    I Do Think Los Amigos Is Going To Be Very Successful, And I Wish Them Luck For The Coming Year

Alex B.

very interesting typing!

and interesting how many first-posters are coming up to praise that very restaurant... Hope you get at least a bonus for this! (SCNR :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Poxy no i'm gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

oh ok then! :p

have fun in Asia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niamh2011

Is los amigos still open ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niamh2011

scrap that question just found the answer in another thread :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

2007? Jaysus.

Take a look at the Charter at the top of the forum, Niamh. Generally speaking, if a thread hasn't been used in over a year, it's best to start a new one. :)

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement