Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattooist in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hot Blonde

Gauge wrote: »
    Those are questions you should ask the artist that will be doing them, as it will vary :) Also you are not limited to the pictures on the walls- if you find another picture you like you can bring it in to show it to them and they can draw you something based on that.
    Yea i have bein looking all over the internet!!!!! :) I found some really cool ones but it just so hard to decide which one will be one my body 4 ever!!!!!!!!! So do have any tattoos and were if yes did u get it done??? Please but it ok if u dont want to say!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't have any tattoos myself but I have seen good work come out of Tattoo Zoo, Holy Cow, Tribal Ink and Smiley Dogg- if I was getting a tattoo I'd check out all 4 of these places and see who had the portfolio/style to match what I want.

I don't have any tattoos myself but I have seen good work come out of Tattoo Zoo, Holy Cow, Tribal Ink and Smiley Dogg- if I was getting a tattoo I'd check out all 4 of these places and see who had the portfolio/style to match what I want.
    Well i went into Tattoo Zoo!!! And i didnt like there attatude towards me!! And i never heard of the other 2!!! Were abouts in cork are the other 2 please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Smiley Dogg is on Marlboro Street in the city centre and Holy Cow is in Midleton.

Smiley Dogg is on Marlboro Street in the city centre and Holy Cow is in Midleton.
    Thank u so much!!!! Im going to ring up Raven and cacil and ring up Tattoo Zoo and see if they can fit me in and ring up the other 2!!! Thank u so much for yuor help!!! U really did help!!! Im acctuly her daughter speaking on behalf of me ma as she was at work and really worryed about it!!!! I know u didnt get any tattoos but if your friend s did get one in tattoo zoo did he recomend any particular person to go to?? Please thanks

• Advertisement

Smilly Dog tattoo place?? Anyboby go to it?? I was just woundering if it is any good?? I need to make a booking to day for saturday!! So i need revews!! Please?? :)

Hi i need HUGE help!!! Can any1 answer the following questions!!!
    Q1} Were is "Tribal Ink" and a fone number? Please
    Q2} What is the fone number for "Smiley Dogg"? Please
    Q3} Has anyone heard of "Wizbit" and are they any good? Thanks
    Q4} Has anyone heard of "Sushi" and are they any good? Thanks
    Me ma had booked to get a tattoo at "Raven" tis weekend so came off her asprin since last week. But after reading all the comments she decided to cancil today. But she needs to go back on it by next monday. So she wants to get a tattoo tis weekend. Can anyone help. We need a good tattoo place tat can take late bookings. Please help thanks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Hot Blonde wrote: »
    Hi i need HUGE help!!! Can any1 answer the following questions!!!
    Q1} Were is "Tribal Ink" and a fone number? Please
    Q2} What is the fone number for "Smiley Dogg"? Please
    Q3} Has anyone heard of "Wizbit" and are they any good? Thanks
    Q4} Has anyone heard of "Sushi" and are they any good? Thanks
    Me ma had booked to get a tattoo at "Raven" tis weekend so came off her asprin since last week. But after reading all the comments she decided to cancil today. But she needs to go back on it by next monday. So she wants to get a tattoo tis weekend. Can anyone help. We need a good tattoo place tat can take late bookings. Please help thanks!! :)

1 - It's on Kyle Street, off the Coal Quay. 9 Kyle St. if memory serves me correctly. I don't have a number, sorry.
    2 - Sorry, nope. It's 27 Marlboro St. though.
    3 - I hear it's pretty dodgy.
    4 - I think you're thinking of the Sushi shop that's underneath Smily Dogg. Smily Dogg is on the second floor I think? There's a skate shop on the first and a sushi shop on the ground floor AFAIK.

Try Tattoo Zoo maybe? 0214271243 http://tattoozoo.ie/ or alternatively just pop into Tribal Ink or Smily Dogg. Good luck =D

EDIT: I should really read the thread more, you've already been to Tattoo Zoo. Well then I'd say just pop into Tribal Ink or Smily Dogg. Neither of them have websites that I can see, sorry.

Kersmash wrote: »
    1 - It's on Kyle Street, off the Coal Quay. 9 Kyle St. if memory serves me correctly. I don't have a number, sorry.
    2 - Sorry, nope. It's 27 Marlboro St. though.
    3 - I hear it's pretty dodgy.
    4 - I think you're thinking of the Sushi shop that's underneath Smily Dogg. Smily Dogg is on the second floor I think? There's a skate shop on the first and a sushi shop on the ground floor AFAIK.

Try Tattoo Zoo maybe? 0214271243 http://tattoozoo.ie/ or alternatively just pop into Tribal Ink or Smily Dogg. Good luck =D

EDIT: I should really read the thread more, you've already been to Tattoo Zoo. Well then I'd say just pop into Tribal Ink or Smily Dogg. Neither of them have websites that I can see, sorry.
    Omg u are a star!!!! Thank u so much!!! :)
    So em u have being a huge help but is "Trible ink" and "Smiley Dogg" Just a walk in and get it done or walk in and book?? Please!!!
    But the rest of the info are a HUGE help!!!!!
    Thank you!!!
    Do u have a tattoo? If yes were did u get it done??? It ok if u dont want to say!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'd bet you'd have to go in and make an appointment, I'm not sure if they do walk-ins, or if they do I have no idea. Only way to find out is to call in.

Nope, no tattoos, I'm only 17 now so it'd be a good few months before I'd even think of getting anything. I just know too much stuff =P

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'd bet you'd have to go in and make an appointment, I'm not sure if they do walk-ins, or if they do I have no idea. Only way to find out is to call in.

Nope, no tattoos, I'm only 17 now so it'd be a good few months before I'd even think of getting anything. I just know too much stuff =P
    Oh I was talking to this other guy and didnt have any either but knew so much!!!! :)
    Thanks for your help and i cant belive you commented me bk at 1 in the morning!!! :P
    Well we mite be still going up saturday to look around every1!!! Thanks for the help!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Smilly Dog tattoo place?? Anyboby go to it?? I was just woundering if it is any good?? I need to make a booking to day for saturday!! So i need revews!! Please?? :)

I got a small piece done by Raul from Smiley Dog when he was working for a different studio (Metal Urges, formally of Killarney, currently in Tralee), I can't fault it in the slightest, he gave me exactly what I asked for.

oeb wrote: »
    I got a small piece done by Raul from Smiley Dog when he was working for a different studio (Metal Urges, formally of Killarney, currently in Tralee), I can't fault it in the slightest, he gave me exactly what I asked for.
    Thanks!! Do u know if u have to book with smiley dogg or can u just walk in and get it done??? Please

Thanks!! Do u know if u have to book with smiley dogg or can u just walk in and get it done??? Please

It really depends how busy they are, I have not been up there since it was XXX, so I don't really know.

You can more than likely walk in and get it done if he has no appointments booked for the next while (depending on how long the tattoo will take obv), but there is really no way of knowing until you ask. That being said however, the better a tattooist is, the higher the likelyhood that he will be already booked out on a specific day (Especially saturdays).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know a good few studios don't take bookings for Saturdays, and have it walk-in only. Obviously though you should check with them first though, and if they do, get in there as soon as you can after they open to have the best chance of getting one done!

I know a good few studios don't take bookings for Saturdays, and have it walk-in only. Obviously though you should check with them first though, and if they do, get in there as soon as you can after they open to have the best chance of getting one done!
    Tat Great!!!! Do u know what time "Smiley Dogg" opening hours are please??
    That was a great help!!!!! :)

No idea to be honest, never even set foot in Cork! ;)
    Best bet is to get their number and give them a call, they'd be able to tell you anything ya needed to know.

It really depends how busy they are, I have not been up there since it was XXX, so I don't really know.

You can more than likely walk in and get it done if he has no appointments booked for the next while (depending on how long the tattoo will take obv), but there is really no way of knowing until you ask. That being said however, the better a tattooist is, the higher the likelyhood that he will be already booked out on a specific day (Especially saturdays).
    Thank u!!!!! Tat good help!!! Do u know the opening hours of any of them??? We can only use public transport!!! So really need times if u know!!! :) Thanks

No idea to be honest, never even set foot in Cork! ;)
    Best bet is to get their number and give them a call, they'd be able to tell you anything ya needed to know.
    Yea i thounght that!!! But cant find a number and no ones knows!!!!
    Iv kept asking!!! But no one can give me one and we have looked up golden pages and everyting!!!!! :(:)

Directory enquiries might be your best bet?

• Advertisement

Directory enquiries might be your best bet?
    Amazingly iv tryed 11811 and 11850!!! And noting!!! Its a bit wired!!! Oh and golden pgs in the book and on line!!!!! It just sucks u tink tyed advertise!!!
    Ok quick q u have any friends in cork tat got a tattoo in smiley dogg and mite have a no.!!!! Please it ok if u dont r even dont want to try!!! :P ;):)

Yea i thounght that!!! But cant find a number and no ones knows!!!!
    Iv kept asking!!! But no one can give me one and we have looked up golden pages and everyting!!!!! :(:)

It was a pain in the ass to find it, but it's mentioned at the end of this page - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254800&page=2
    (021) 4279008

Might be worth a try.

Please note, it's difficult to get an appointment over the phone, generally an artist will want to see a piece before estimating how long it will take.

It was a pain in the ass to find it, but it's mentioned at the end of this page - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055254800&page=2
    (021) 4279008

Might be worth a try.

Please note, it's difficult to get an appointment over the phone, generally an artist will want to see a piece before estimating how long it will take.
    And is tat 4 Smiley Dogg??
    OMG u a great help!! Thanks i owe u!!!

And is tat 4 Smiley Dogg??
    OMG u a great help!! Thanks i owe u!!!

Apparently, sure just ring and check.

Apparently, sure just ring and check.
    OMG!!!!! U r so a star thanks a mil!!!! ;):) Il b anoying u again if it isnt!!!! :P :P Thanks!!

Well im bk to annoy!!! {i said id be bk :P} Well thanks but it didnt work a women strats to talk saying tat it is no longer avalible but thanks 4 the chance!!!! It was so nice of u!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Wolflinge

uh, I doubt this'll be of much help but Smiley Dogg's number is 021-4274959.
    I would absolutely recommend the place.

Wolflinge wrote: »
    uh, I doubt this'll be of much help but Smiley Dogg's number is 021-4274959.
    I would absolutely recommend the place.
    OMG!!! Star!!! Thank u it diffrent to the other no!!! So i will try tat 2morow!!!!
    Tat is excillent help do u know the opening hours please??? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Why don't you ring the number and ask? o.0 Seems the next logical step...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Wolflinge

At a guess, they're open after 12pm most days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement