Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

jaykhunter wrote: »
    you are a legend! Never bought a digital game off amazon - you download the installer, it downloads the game....activate on steam or...?

They usually provide game codes that are Steam redeemable, if not you just download through the browser and run as standalone, check the DRM info in the description.

TWD is Steam redeemable.

www.isthereanydeal.com for price comparisons for the major online sellers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Boom! Thanks mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Thief for €21.99 at G2Play, Can't imagine a game not released yet to go for much less!

http://www.g2play.net/store/THIEF-Steam-Key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Then JC 2. Its an amazing game. Lots of fun. A massive world.

My vote goes to it or FC3
    just found out the multiplayer mod for just cause 2 is free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thief for €21.99 at G2Play, Can't imagine a game not released yet to go for much less!

http://www.g2play.net/store/THIEF-Steam-Key.html

Great if you have faith in the developers. Haven't heard much about the game but what little I have heard has not been flattering - unless you really want a return to old school stealth game design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

They usually provide game codes that are Steam redeemable, if not you just download through the browser and run as standalone, check the DRM info in the description.

TWD is Steam redeemable.

www.isthereanydeal.com for price comparisons for the major online sellers.

The Walking Dead Season 1 is Steam redeemable but if you have to have all your games on Steam - The Walking Dead Season 2 from amazon redeems on Telltale's site.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry guys, in Dublin, but can't buy digital games off Amazon.com. Is there a way to place an order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry guys, in Dublin, but can't buy digital games off Amazon.com. Is there a way to place an order?

Add an adress in the US. Pick a state with no sales tax like alaska.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The 3 for €20 deal is quite good in GameStop. Managed to get Tomb Raider, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 & Soul Calibur 5 for the 360 earlier.

How can you go wrong? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511
    Amazon sale has started. Glad I waited for Sim City. at $20 and i have a voucher for $5 off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Nuuvem 2 for 29.90real (approx. €9.25)

Choose from
    Battlefield 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    Bulletstorm
    Castle of Illusion
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
    Fifa 13
    Mass Effect 2
    Syndicate

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/dose-dupla-2014

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Arkham Origins for €18.75 on GMG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511
    Amazon sale has started. Glad I waited for Sim City. at $20 and i have a voucher for $5 off :D

have 5 vouchers and nothing takes my fancy. Can the amazon steam codes be transferred? I could get bioshock infinite for $5 for someone if they wanted it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

sweetie wrote: »
    have 5 vouchers and nothing takes my fancy. Can the amazon steam codes be transferred? I could get bioshock infinite for $5 for someone if they wanted it

Nothing to stop you from copy+paste the code to someone else. But it'll always be listed as a digital item against your Amazon Acc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

sweetie wrote: »

the discounts aren't stackable. only one per game

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have three 50% off codes for Crusader Kings II on Steam if anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

NBA 2k14 seems to be getting a double discount in the current Amazon sale. $9.99 (€7.34) and works on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

3wayswitch wrote: »
    NBA 2k14 seems to be getting a double discount in the current Amazon sale. $9.99 (€7.34) and works on Steam.
    Still showing as 19.99. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Still showing as 19.99. :mad:

You need to have bought a digital game during their Christmas sale to get the discount.

7obr.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Humble Bundle X will be going live at around 7 o clock tonight. There's a special tier available for the 1st 1000 customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Humble Bundle X will be going live at around 7 o clock tonight. There's a special tier available for the 1st 1000 customers.

I have zero need of new games and yet I just went "Special things for the first 1000? I'M IN!!!" I may need to offline myself to save my wallet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Please be 3DS download codes. Please be 3DS download codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Alarm set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is this just a test to see how much traffic they can deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

So pay over $10 on Humble Bundle got you Starbound. Only bought it the other day :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

mI2KI3n.png

meh, nothing amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Missed starbound! Went for amazon payments to speed things up and got a broken link. Bah! Had none of the games though so happy days, looking forward to Runner and To the Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sarn wrote: »
    So pay over $10 on Humble Bundle got you Starbound. Only bought it the other day :(

Annoyed. Checkout process failed twice when choosing payment method. All Starbound keys were gone before I could try a third time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,175 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very happy on that Bundle, primarily because To The Moon has finally gotten a native Mac port :) But been meaning to get Papa & Yo and Runner 2 for a while, so happy with them too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement