Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Links234 wrote: »
    I've heard you need a controller for this, but is it workable with a mouse and keyboard? I got The Last Remnant and I found that it was practically unplayable with m & k, so I was just wondering if it's a necessity or not to get a controller?

Even the Steam store page advises you to use a controller

"Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I've heard you need a controller for this, but is it workable with a mouse and keyboard? I got The Last Remnant and I found that it was practically unplayable with m & k, so I was just wondering if it's a necessity or not to get a controller?

yeah I would get the 360 controller alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Skerries wrote: »
    New Groupees bundle

I thought this was a bad URL, but it looks like either this is very popular bundle, or they're just having general issues
    We are sorry to be closed for emergency maintenance. We estimate that we will be back online within next hour. Apologies for your any inconvenience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Havent tried it myself but have heard from anyone who has if you are using a keyboard and mouse.....*puts on sunglasses*....prepare to die....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As said, the 360 controller would be a good buy. I haven't played it, but I heard. And then if you plan on other Third Person games on PC then it's good to have it. I don't think games like Tomb Raider or Assassin's Creed would be easily played using m+k. I used the controller for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm looking forward to playing it.. but I only have a PS3 controller.. I'm assuming that won't matter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can't afford a controller, so I may give it a miss

and I'm not sure I could really justify a controller for the 1 or 2 games I might use it with. I'm using mouse and keyboard for Tomb Raider and have no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

http://www.bundlestars.com/ Commando's trilogy for €1.73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

http://www.bundlestars.com/ Commando's trilogy for €1.73

Thanks for that! Seriously fun games if anyone is looking for something to pass a few hours!

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to playing it.. but I only have a PS3 controller.. I'm assuming that won't matter :)

you will need 3rd party software which can be hit and miss, that's why I ended up getting the wired 360 controller

• Advertisement

you will need 3rd party software which can be hit and miss, that's why I ended up getting the wired 360 controller

If you're talking about MotionJoy I'm not using that horrible software. :)

If you're talking about MotionJoy I'm not using that horrible software. :)

I was saying before I think that I used to use the PS3 controller but then bought a wired 360 controller as newer games were designed with those controllers in mind. Plus it was less confusing when being told to press X and having to remember they mean Square. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was saying before I think that I used to use the PS3 controller but then bought a wired 360 controller as newer games were designed with those controllers in mind. Plus it was less confusing when being told to press X and having to remember they mean Square. :)

This I very much agree with.. especially from the viewpoint of someone who ha never owned an xbox :rolleyes:

This I very much agree with.. especially from the viewpoint of someone who ha never owned an xbox :rolleyes:

Yep. never used a XBox controller until I got the PC one then they've also mixed up the letters since I was brought up on Nintendo consoles where the SNES had X and Y are the other way around.
    So for me I had to learn that X was not in the top right(SNES) or the bottom left(PS3) of the button layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I followed this (not motionjoy) to get my PS3 controllers to work with my laptop.

Works perfectly for me, I had a wired xbox 360 controller, some third party PS3-style pc controller (which works by itself) and two proper PS3 controllers all hooked into my laptop at once, playing four-player Castle Crashers.

I followed this (not motionjoy) to get my PS3 controllers to work with my laptop.

Works perfectly for me, I had a wired xbox 360 controller, some third party PS3-style pc controller (which works by itself) and two proper PS3 controllers all hooked into my laptop at once, playing four-player Castle Crashers.

That's exactly the tutorial I used :) Least messy one by far..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

New humble weekly bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay $1 or more for:
    Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
    Sine Mora
    Skydrift
    Anna Extended Edition

Pay $6 or more to add:
    Tropico 4
    Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

grimm2005 wrote: »
    New humble weekly bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay $1 or more for:
    Tropico 3 Steam Special Edition
    Sine Mora
    Skydrift
    Anna Extended Edition

Pay $6 or more to add:
    Tropico 4
    Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

only comes as 2 keys though, so no giving away the spares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

only comes as 2 keys though, so no giving away the spares

Ah hate it when they do that, still a good deal though, especially if you don't have any of the games (like me!). Heard great things about the Tropico series and Sine Mora looks pretty good.

• Advertisement

Did I see somewhere before that The Testament of Sherlock Holmes was part of a bundle? Or was that just a rumoured bundle?

Did I see somewhere before that The Testament of Sherlock Holmes was part of a bundle? Or was that just a rumoured bundle?

There was a groupees bundle awhile back that had most of the Holmes games in it. Though Testement wasn't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

It is likely to be in a Humble Focus bundle soon, no idea when but likely soon;
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1mkgtr/focus_humble_bundle_incoming/

Looks like a nice bundle if/when it happens;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Max payne3 is €8.99 atm for ps3 & 360 in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Cheers for that, Was kicking myself as I missed the Quake-con deals on Fallout 3 GOTY & New Vegas Ultimate Ed.

That deal works out almost as good! gona be getting my fallout on this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Knights of pen and paper +1 edition for 2.50 - 25% off with the below code:
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/rpgs/knights-pen-paper-1-edition/

It's a really fun game if you like pen and paper rpg's. Some good humor and will keep you for a few hours anyway.

Deluxe edition 3.75 -25% off with the code:
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/rpgs/knights-pen-paper-1-edition-deluxe-edition/

Code is:
    GMG25-J4B0D-FLH8M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Don't think anyone has posted this yet but the Digital Deluxe version of ARMA III is going for 33% off on GMG (€30 instead €45 vs €50 on Steam itself), checked isthereanydeal.com and it seems to be the cheapest it's going.

[Edit] Bought it, key worked fine and it's definitely the DDE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Bunch of games on sale here. All pc if you're wondering.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Bunch of games on sale here. All pc if you're wondering.

Wow, WatchDogs for €32, new Batman for €30, some older games for a few quid, Deus Ex Uncut for €5, awesome sale. Hmm. Really should pick up those first two!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow, WatchDogs for €32, new Batman for €30, some older games for a few quid, Deus Ex Uncut for €5, awesome sale. Hmm. Really should pick up those first two!

That site's fantastic for deals. Splinter cell blacklist is only €15.50 atm on there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement