Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to learn/teach chinese? Post here...

• 05-02-2006 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've seen a good few topics on here before advertising chinese lessons or someone wanting a teacher. If you want to learn/teach Chinese please post your advertisement here so we can save disk space :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mei guanxie

I'm learning Chinese and based in Dublin, if anyone is interested in language exchange with me ? Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 huangyangChina

I'm learning Chinese and based in Dublin, if anyone is interested in language exchange with me ? Stephen
    Hello,I am Elvis huang a chinese boy,23 years old,who is major in teachng chinese as a foreign language.I am now in the first grade of my postgraduate's period.I found this board by chance.I'd like to help anyone who wanna learn my language and culture.If you are interested,please send your email to elvishuang2006@gmail.com for more details,also you can put my ID into your IM or MSN,I am available to talk online.
    Blessings
    Elvis huang (my chinese name as follows:::: 黄阳)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 infinita

It was a pleasure to discover so many chinese learners in Dublin.
    Well,I am a chinese multi-linguist and translator who lives in Dublin and would be glad to answer any questions referring chinese study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 violent

i'm a chinese native speaker.can i help you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Enda-Winters

Hi,
    My name is Enda i am Irish and am currently learning chinese. i would cinsider my chinese as intermediate and i have lived in Taiwan for six months. i was wondering if anyone is interested in a language exchange, i know i have been learning chinese using classical characters but dont if you are not familiar with these at the moment conversation is more than enough.

Thanks i hope someone can help me.

Enda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yangzhao

Dear all
    glad to find ppl interested in chinese.
    i am a native madarine speaker living in dublin.find me around belfied and merrion square area.

anyone interested in chinese or even just a chat about china, feel free to give me a shout zhaoyang_0131@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DaniloDiogo

I seeking a mandarin instructor.

I am part of a group of individuals spread in several countries that is developing a Mandarin online course. Right now we are in the planning stages and we need a Mandarin instructor for this initial process and potentially (depending on instructor's availability and performance) an instructor to be fully part of the group.

All lessons will be done online. We will provide the methodology and online platform used. Previous teaching experience is not needed.

The requirements for this position are:

* Native fluent in Mandarin;
    * Fluent in English;
    * Knowledge of pin yin, simplified chinese and traditional chinese;
    * Good computer knowledge and usage (internet, websites, Office programs);
    * Fun and dynamic.
    * Initially about 8 hours a week, flexible scheduling. We should have a greater increase in hours needed in the near future if candidate is willing.

All payments will be done through credit card or paypal. All meetings through the internet. Contact with time and date for interview, I am on -3GMT timezone.

Please let me know if you are interested or know someone who is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 roight

looking for chinese tutor in galway city area, email 2007chinese@gmail.com , anyone got any tips on how i could contact the galway chinese community with this message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DPZ

Hello yangzhao, I am an American living in Dublin. My mother is from Taipei and I lived in Taiwan when I was 9 years old for about 1 year. So I have some Chinese experience, but have forgotten quite a bit. I'm probably now at the level of a 5 year old. I'm interested in improving my skill. Can you help?
    Thanks, David.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

I learned a little bit of Chinese whilst in UCD - and even have a cert to proove it - but sadly I have not done anything for over a year, so even my little Chinese is not very good. I'd love to learn more and have a few like-minded friends (one of whom can speak Cantonese, but wants to learn mandrin) who also want to learn/improve thier chinese.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Does anyone know where I can learn Mandarin in Cork? Are there any language schools, night classes, etc. Do they teach it in UCC? Could someone recommend any book/CD sort of thing to get started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Pure Cork wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can learn Mandarin in Cork? Are there any language schools, night classes, etc. Do they teach it in UCC? Could someone recommend any book/CD sort of thing to get started?

UCC has a Chinese Studies course in its Art faculty. It's new but they aim to teach culture as well as Mandarin. They expect students to be fairly good at it by the end of first year so even if you don't continue it you'd have a good grasp of it. There is some literature avaliable online at http://www.ucc.ie/en/DepartmentsCentresandUnits/ChineseStudies/ . Use the links on the left to find what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snowwhite20006

Hi, I am able to teach Chinese as well as Chinese customs, culture, traditions, etc. My mobile: 086-2284342.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 modriscoll

I'm looking for a Chinese tutor, preferably with experience of teaching or giving private classes, in the Waterford area for my daughter who has to resit her Chinese exam in Aug/Sept.

Can anybody help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snowwhite20006

I live in Dublin, cannot help in Waterford. But anyone in Dublin interested please contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rivers

I've heard of chinese corners in dublin but i don't know the location of them.
    Does anyone know or would be interested in trying to start one?

Also in the ilac centre library they have language exchanges for many other major languages, why dont they have a chinese language exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ChineseSpeaker

I am a native Irish person. I lived and studied in China for 16 months. I am available to give beginners lessons to anyone interested in learning Mandarin Chinese. I have all the books and resources necessary.
    These beginner lessons would be suitable for anyone who wants to get a basic grounding in chinese speaking/listening/reading/writing. Also anyone travelling to china who just wants to learn the basics to survive there.
    Please let me know.

my number is 085 7508779

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoko

Hi, everybody. I'm looking for some students around Galway here for Chinese lesson(i'm native mandarin and cantonese speaker).
    I'm a Qualify and epxerienced teacher, i used to teach in main land China and Tibet for Chinese. Especialy in Tibet, i teach Chinese as a foreign language for two and half years.
    if anyone is interested at this message, please contact me by email: yoocowu@yahoo.com.cn
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hi everybody:D

just in case someone needs help,i speak mandarin and cantonese fluently;)

PM if you need me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zvivian

Hi DaniloDiogo

I am interested in this position. I am from Beijing (Mandarin speaking) and I am currently giving private Chinese lessons in Dublin. I think I am qualified for the requirement below. Can you send me an email to china75892@hotmail.com and discuss in details please?

Zvivian

I am part of a group of individuals spread in several countries that is developing a Mandarin online course. Right now we are in the planning stages and we need a Mandarin instructor for this initial process and potentially (depending on instructor's availability and performance) an instructor to be fully part of the group.

All lessons will be done online. We will provide the methodology and online platform used. Previous teaching experience is not needed.

* Fluent in English;
    * Fun and dynamic.
    * Initially about 8 hours a week, flexible scheduling. We should have a greater increase in hours needed in the near future if candidate is willing.

All payments will be done through credit card or paypal. All meetings through the internet. Contact with time and date for interview, I am on -3GMT timezone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zvivian

I am from Beijing and working in Dublin. I am giving private Chinese (Mandarin) Lessons in Dublin. I am an experienced teacher. Please contact me at china75892@hotmail.com for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 easy2chinese

Hello everybody
    I'm learning at www.easy2chinese.com for a short time and i think it's not hard to try to speak & listen , so hope you think like me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jagcoolz

I would be happy to have someone Chinese speaking to teach me. I am Finnish Guy living in Dublin, I am planning to start beginners course on January in Sanford language school. email me j-r@iki.fi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annieie

An enthusiastic PhD student with 1st Class Certificate of PSC (Putonghua Shuiping Ceshi, i.e. China National Test of Standard Chinese Mandarin Speaking) plus Chinese Mandarin teaching experience across both private and group lessons for both adults and/or children in London

For adults
    - Identified individual learning needs and referred to learning support as appropriate
    - Produced schemes of work and lesson plans

- Undertook tutorials and assessment of adult students

For children
    - tried to make Chinese Mandarin learning fun and interesting
    - created games, songs and stories to inspire children’s interest on Mandarin learning and practice

If you are interested to learn Chinese Mandarin in a fun and easy way, please contact me at mx_annie@126.com

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davis lu

Glad to see so many guys want to learn Chinese,I'm from Shanghai (Mandarin speaking and Shanghai native speeking). If anybody want some help ,just feel free email me: obs6@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 carsonsunhao

sounds fantastic if i can talk in chinese with you, willing to try my best to help. 0877801274 welcome to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

How would an absolute beginner start to learn chinese and which type is best? Mandarin I know is the main one but Cantonese seems to have a large following too. I am a native Irish male with fluent english if that helps any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davis lu

Mandarin is your best choice because all the people can communicate with Mandarin over mainland of China.Evenmore most of the Cantonese speakers also can use Mandarin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

davis lu wrote: »
    Mandarin is your best choice because all the people can communicate with Mandarin over mainland of China.Evenmore most of the Cantonese speakers also can use Mandarin!

Thanks a lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoko

Refer to the below, i would like to know if you are still looking for sb, i was a Mandarin teacher in the school before, and now i'm available for this job. please contact me : yoocowu@yahoo.com.cn
    thanks a lot
    a xing

* Fluent in English;
    * Fun and dynamic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement