Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eve

Options
  • 02-02-2006 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right going to play eve again never reely got into it the first time anyone on boards play it ? around to give a hand ? start a noob off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

yeah i play it post your name ill send you some isk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I play as well post your name and one of us will convo you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'm finding the limiter is skills rather than money. Most ships Ive seen (maybe it's because I'm small) I'm able to afford easily with simple mining or whatever while I'm waiting for skills to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

rhyannan is the name im using atm

ive not got a big problom with ships atm just have the noobie questions that every now and again need answering

im going to try and take things slow and learn the game . last time i rushed into mining without doing the tutor and tried to kill loads . so ive given up on that charactor . ( that was in 2003 )

basicly its the questions ill have that ill look to answer . but any isk would be helpfull :D

also if anyone has any getting started guides that would be worth reading while i wait for my iron will rank 4 to complete . 32 hrs to go .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im going to be closing my accounts tonight until i can get an ebay sellers account.

but any questions you may have id be happy to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 assfire

hey jaggeh how much are you selling the mining account for? considering getting an alt :D

last offer was 70 euro but i can get double that if i sell it on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 assfire

jesus thats a bit much for a 3mil skill point character

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

EVE have started a campaign of stopping people selling stuff on ebay .... but aside from that I have heard of a 25mil skill point character going for £500++

its a 6m skill point char
    with mining barge 5, perfect refining in all basic minerals and all advanced minerals bought and trained to 1......

the average selling price for a 6m char is about 180 euro depending on what type it is. my combat account which is closer to 8m now is worth over 200 euro because it can fly pretty much anything.

• Advertisement

thanks to darkireland who explained the game a bit more to me gave me money and there was one other person also who sent me isk . cant rember the name ill have to find out .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

With this v3 card I am seriously considering getting eve, tried the 14 day trial land loved it. I can really see myself as a pirate! Arrrrr!

Ok started a new trial up as a mimitar named Talen Kross, give me a shout.

Edit: A couple of hours in. I don't remember these first few missions as being so boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 statix

Ive been playing eve for nearly 3 years now, tis a great game Drop me covno ig. Any noobs starting out in the universe go down to Hibi in Tash Murkon, be more than willing to help you out if your willing to learn. Remember 1 thing .......BoB is evil...

Ive read on the eve forums that some ASUYA guys are from ireland aswell, if your reading this..DAMN THAT JAMMING HELIOS!!! gf tho..till we meet again (with backup arrays)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aranthos

statix wrote:
    Ive been playing eve for nearly 3 years now, tis a great game Drop me covno ig. Any noobs starting out in the universe go down to Hibi in Tash Murkon, be more than willing to help you out if your willing to learn. Remember 1 thing .......BoB is evil...

Ive read on the eve forums that some ASUYA guys are from ireland aswell, if your reading this..DAMN THAT JAMMING HELIOS!!! gf tho..till we meet again (with backup arrays)

Ahh well Kujin is nasty..however he is not Irish. There are about 6 members of Asuya who are Irish inclueding there CEO.

http://triad.eve-killboard.net/?a=kills
    :D

Hey still at it, running a little slow as the corp i joined is slowly dying. It is too fragmented and i'd like people who are closer to my system to go grouping with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 statix

When you first start playing it can be pretty frustrating, doing missions / mining can be really boring. The best way to go for a new character is to get into an established corp that suits your style of play so they can guide / help you with isk. The pvp aspect of eve is its strongest point so becoming a bit of a pirate early on is a very quick way of learning how to survive in low sec, there are serious drawbacks to it tho. Pirating isnt the best way to make cash tbh but some have made a good living off it usually by ransom. After a few months going into 0.0 can be done realisticaly and thats when the fun starts. If your looking for a new corp move closer to 0.4 or 0.5 space that is close to 0.0, youll find more established corporations that still hang around empire but still go on 0.0 raiding parties. Oh did I mention that BoB is evil??

PS. Is there anybody playing eve that lives near or in Galway? Oh and if any BoB are reading this you have two caldari capital ships that belong to me..ill be collecting them soon...mmmwmwmwwwwhahaha:cool:

Yeah mostly doing missions around 0.5 a few in 0.4 first time in 0.4 we got jumped and i got podded. Although a corp member came across a guy in a frigate, with a bounty of 67 million on him, podded him, lost his bc but still has the 67 million!

In reality money isn't a problem, i've never found myself short of cash, i'm just waiting for my skills to develop. I jsut want to have fun while i'm waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Its a bit annoying TBH when you first venture into 0.4 and you get podded by some twat from 150km or more out where you have no chance at hitting back...

The fact of the matter is that there are several systems that choke points and people using autopilot to get to 0.0 space .... Curse for example may get routed through ammamake (spelled something like that) that is perma-camped (both coming into and leaving the system) ... look at the "Pod kills in the last 24 hours" and that 0.4 system and ones like it have huge numbers of podkills ... I have been in there now and again in my covert ops ship and there can be as many as 10 twats just sitting there waiting to insta pop just about anything (hauler for bumping BS's near the gate) ...

My last corp sometimes liked to ruin their party and we have killed 4 in one go one time by getting a covert ops ship to get near them and warping to him and then scrambling them as they had no WCS because they had lows filled with damage/tracking mods...

see now that's the type of stuff that i'd like to be doing. Rather than the same ol' level 2 misisons over and over but i have to wait for my skills to train...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ah crap im after getting a big urge to come back and play this game again :eek: just looking to get my account back better then going to play with zero skill points.

Big E u still around in it? might be looking for somewhere to hide for a bit :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'm gonna be coming back into the game soon as well. haveing problems with WoW, and tbh, i'm getting fairly bored of it, so eve seems like a good idea.

anyone able to loan me some cash? (and i will pay you back...eventually) if i remember correctly, my brutix (which i used for mining) was blown up by a friend, who promised to only use it for mining himself....or maybe have a spare thorax sitting in their hanger that i could borrow?

I love that signature!

maby im doing somthing wrong but
    There was an unexpected error while retrieving patch status:

The patchsystem was not able to locate a patch file for the current
    version

Do you want to go to support page?

is it just me that cant get the patch ? also cant get to www.eve-online.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I play a little, when I can.

The Corinthian too :)

I had problems using the patch system when I installed the retail version too. I just ended up downloading the full client and using the code I received with the retail client.

That's what I do, I have the latest client saved on my iriver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

It seems a few people are haveing problems with the client autopatcher

You can d/l it from http://ccp.vo.llnwd.net/o2/evepatch3805-3807.exe if your haveing problems.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

anybody hang around on the boards.ie channel anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

statix wrote:
    When you first start playing it can be pretty frustrating, doing missions / mining can be really boring. The best way to go for a new character is to get into an established corp that suits your style of play so they can guide / help you with isk. The pvp aspect of eve is its strongest point so becoming a bit of a pirate early on is a very quick way of learning how to survive in low sec, there are serious drawbacks to it tho. Pirating isnt the best way to make cash tbh but some have made a good living off it usually by ransom. After a few months going into 0.0 can be done realisticaly and thats when the fun starts. If your looking for a new corp move closer to 0.4 or 0.5 space that is close to 0.0, youll find more established corporations that still hang around empire but still go on 0.0 raiding parties. Oh did I mention that BoB is evil??

PS. Is there anybody playing eve that lives near or in Galway? Oh and if any BoB are reading this you have two caldari capital ships that belong to me..ill be collecting them soon...mmmwmwmwwwwhahaha:cool:

I'm in Galway and I'm looking to try Eve as I mostly just raid in WoW these days.

Advertisement