Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like ketchup

Options
  • 24-01-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

That is all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

So?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

its so red, and a welcome alternative to all this mustard lark. mustard out ketchup in, or peanut butter.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bold_Bunny

yep ketchup is good.:D
    mustard is bad! very very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Bold_Bunny wrote:
    yep ketchup is good.:D
    mustard is bad! very very bad.
    but what do you dip tomatoes in? Ketchup would be an insult....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I like ketchup too. But only with mustard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Heinz, Chef or Kandee?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Chef!
    (brown sauce)

All three red sauces are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

ketchup is minging and i hate when people pile loads onto chips, uck :(! good old salt and vingear. i'm not really a mustard fan either :(!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

SyxPak wrote:
    Heinz, Chef or Kandee?

Red sauce? Chef definately. I still haven't plucked up the courage to try mustard properly in a sambo. Usually when the smell of something is so vile to me, the taste follows suit, but I dunno, maybe the mustard has surprises in store for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

That is all

Ketchup is far superior to mustard.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ketchup is great, heinz has to be the best too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

snorlax wrote:
    i'm not really a mustard fan either :(!
    What is the name of arse are you doing in here then?

Really. All you ketchup fans should go and petition for your own forum - its a bit like beer drinkers going onto a wine forum and spamming everybody about the joys of Dutch Gold.

Kandee ketchup (in fact all ketchup) is something which is smeared on childrens food to disguise the taste and make them eat it. Adults should know better than to be ingesting this heinous tripe. Now be off before I report you to a mod. Whatever that means.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Chef all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sch!Sm

is this gonna turn into a chef v heinz thread?? cos if it is chef for the win :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

chef sauce makes the baby jesus cry. What you have to do is, Heinz tamato sauce then helmans lite mayo and mix em altogether and then when its all pink dip your chips right in. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Mustard is fine on certain sandwich's, such as salad sandwich's and hot dogs, French's Mustard isn't bad. But as for red sauce only thing is allowable to be used on is a rasher/sausage sandwich, nothing else, tbh.

Used to be a chef man but recently converted to heinz. So yes Heinz FTW!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Nah, this is only happening because of the current war between the chuck norris and the cuckoos nest.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=chick+norris&word2=the+cuckoo%27s+nest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

D wrote:
    Nah, this is only happening because of the current war between the chuck norris and the cuckoos nest.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=chick+norris&word2=the+cuckoo%27s+nest
    emhehe "chick norris"

Ketchup is goood, esspecailly with anything. Heinz is the best, with beans on toast, chips, sausages, hot dogs..... /dreams

But I've also been in the american mustard museum, we lost our way while driving through Wisconson and found the yellow sauce obsessed building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

i Like Cake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

But do you prefer ketchup or mustard on your cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Mustard is by far and away the best condiment. Many thanks to whoever set up this forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Ketchup is THE quintessential condiment. William Randolph hearst had a bottle of (Heinz) ketchup on his huge and expensive dining table. This goes to show that, not only did he enjoy Ketchup enough to eat it with food which was probably gourmet and of the highest standard, but he ate Heinz ketchup also.

Mustard: Take a bottle of this strangly yellow condiment. What does it go with? Very little my friends. On some sandwiches, and on hot dogs. Thats it. Not much else. What a limited condiment.

Ketchup.: Take a bottle of this invitingly red and viscous condiment. What does it go on? you ask. Well, what doesn't it go on??? Chips, fish, sandwiches, pasta, all meats, potatos in all thier shapes and forms and many irregularly shaped vegtables. Yes, Ketchup is indeed the King of condiments.

And not Just ketchup........ Heinz ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BarneyTrouble

Heinz is watery crap, Chef is the only ketchup THE ONLY KETCHUP I TELL YOU!

On a more mustard related note, French's american mustard and chef ketchup are the only acceptable condiments for hot dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CJX-3X12

i like yr sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WCCPSMUS

I must be from the wrong place, here in the states all ketchup tastes like Heinz. My kids eat ketchup, because they are kids. As a man, I eat Mustard! Dip some fries (chips) in a little Plochman's Mild Yellow (or French's if you must), and you'll wonder what that silly red stuff was for. Better yet, get some brown with horseradish, Asian hot, or a good strong Dijon and savor some serious flavor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You're preaching to the converted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nienna

I like BBQ sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Heard that the Swede's put ketchup on everything, such as chocolate and ice cream. kinda puts the buxom blond stereotype into perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Heinz ketchup beats em all but you can't have a hot dog without mustard, then it would be Heinz and Colemans

I love my Yorkshire relish too and BBQ sauce.

I'm just a condiment tart really, moving from one to the next with no real committment.

Advertisement