Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the Babylon 5 section ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

one of my favourits things to wathc is the opening titles of season 5, its just soo cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

watched babylon 5 a few times not many, i was in 2 channel land for a long while. Apart from going "oh look the guy from scarecrow and Mrs King", the show impressed me. anyway reading this thread, and me being a big scifi fan, i just bought seasons 1-5 off E-bay. so it better be good or i'll coming looking for y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Saw "Into the Fire" last night - can't remember the last time I felt this let down.
    Was waiting for the Shadow War to really kick off and now it's over!
    Not liking Season 4 so much now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not liking Season 4 so much now :(
    Theres much more in season4 than
    the shadow war
    , theres still the whole
    human civil war
    , which imo they done brilliantly, its a real shame JMS didnt get to fully flesh out the
    shadow war
    , he was told (if memory serves) he would only get to shoot 4 series after series 3, so he ended up rushing to close one major plot to work on his next (
    human civil war
    ), however after series 4 he was then told he could get to do a 5th aswell, hence series 5 haveing a somewhat disjointed feel after series 4, however I still liked series 5, a lot of work was done with G'kar and Londo which was one of the most memorable friendships in any series, let alone just Sci-fi, it also had another pretty good war in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yeah, I heard that it wasn't thought that there would be a season 5 so season 4 is seriously squished.
    I just feel that after 2 seasons of a build-up, the end of the Shadow War was a major non-event. I was still waiting for it to kick off properly and then it was over! The manner in which it ended disappointed me too but I think that was because there wasn't time to develope it properly. Sheridan's confrontation of the Vorlons and Delenn's of the Shadows was very rushed. I know they didn't have much time but one episode to finish the war was a disappointment in my opinion. Thankfully the human civil war is coming along nicely.
    And Londo was fantastic in "Into the Fire", definitely my favourite character - he's brilliant! Really liking Bester too, he's just such a sh*te! :D

• Advertisement

i can understand what you mean Jack, i was kinda let down by that too, but after just rewatching the entirity of it again i really enjoyed season 4

yeah bester is quality, especially in series 5

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Indeed, Corp is Mother, Corp is Father is a brilliant insight into the Bester character and a cracker of an episode to boot. Walt Koenig is a great actor at that, I just wish, for once... he'd say "Nucular Wessels" :D

Ivan wrote:
    Indeed, Corp is Mother, Corp is Father is a brilliant insight into the Bester character and a cracker of an episode to boot. Walt Koenig is a great actor at that, I just wish, for once... he'd say "Nucular Wessels" :D
    lmfao, love that episode of futurama

Fry: I can't believe it! How'd you all end up here?

Shatner: We were on our way to Welshy's cousin's house to stay in the guest room when our ship was pulled down to this planet and crashed, just like yours.

Koenig: When we woke up, we had these bodies.

Fry: Say it in Russian!

Koenig: Ven ve voke up ve had these wodies.

Fry: Now say "nuclear wessels"!

Koenig: No!

Advertisement