Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for developing a publishing system??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

sean_or99 wrote:
    At this point, this is just about mobiles unless there is something else.
    PDA’s and other handheld devices, for a start. Different browsers (and operating systems) too. Or is your idea of publishing “one size fits all”?

Let’s not forget the issue of customisation - for example a user logs in and is greeted with a personalised message or menu. Unless you start mixing XSLT with more traditional technologies (and if you do, it begs the question of why you’re bothering with the XSLT in the first place), how are you going to do it?
    INPUT FORMAT --> TRANSFORMATION --> OUTPUT FORMAT

Or

CONTENT -> APPLY STYLE -> CONTENT WITH APPLIED STYLE

OR

SEPERATING CONTENT FROM STYLE
    What have these got to do with the processes I described in my last point? You already admitted in your previous post that XSL transformations alone are generic - which frankly does not make for a very good CMS.
    I already know how it works, thank you - do you?

Advertisement