Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring timetables

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

440Hz wrote:
    damn, no boards beers for me so.. cant be drinking with the pupils and all that... id get fired
    and rememeber no chatting them up with them either 440Hz!!:v:
    student-pupil relationships are frowned upon you know..!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

i heard that ul release the results sometime b4 we go bck. true? oh and 5 9 o clock starts AGAIN! Just like last semester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

Nukem wrote:
    Hehe bet you got worried for a second and thought we were back today:p

for a second?!!
    i went to the golden pages lookin for ul's admin no.
    had a freak attack.
    notice that i didnt ask any of my friends,
    never trust college students.
    *evil eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

yeah, results should be up this fri.

gotta 18 hour week...with 4 nine o clock starts.
    same as last semester
    super

oh and whats the story with tutorials?
    i heard from a reliable source (my permanently drunken housemate) that they dont start til week 3..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

rmacm wrote:
    Alright all yeah 20 hours a week for comp sys 3rd year. Not really that bad aside from the three 09:00 starts. Here's to passing the exams good luck to everyone waiting on results. I'm in the process of coming up with a plan for a BULBS during Week 1 if the rest of you are up for it. I'll create a new thread on it before the end of this week with suggestions. Me and Nukem will probably send around PM's to all aswell.

Cheers
    Rory

Two modules are missing from my timetable, or rather the choice ones. How do you know when those are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

13 hours, 3 x 0900 starts...we are not amused. Though the latest I finish is 1500 on a Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Rozie wrote:
    Two modules are missing from my timetable, or rather the choice ones. How do you know when those are?
    Did you pre-register your modules from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

I dont know about choice modules but get all that stuff done quick fast and in a hurry cuz its €20 out o your pocket if you dont :mad:

Rasa frig a mig

Oh and dont worry 440HZ you'll only get in trouble if you get caught. Like alot of things

~Runs out of the building with a white board~

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Fast_Mover wrote:
    and rememeber no chatting them up with them either 440Hz!!:v:
    student-pupil relationships are frowned upon you know..!:D

Tut tut... WOULD I?

rhetorical question by the way

oh and whats the story with tutorials?
    i heard from a reliable source (my permanently drunken housemate) that they dont start til week 3..?

If you are talking about UL, then no, tutorials do not start until week 3. Fine for some, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

440Hz wrote:
    Tut tut... WOULD I?

rhetorical question by the way

reminds me of that 'Friends' episode with Ross...*chuckle* was on teh telly during the week :)

kaimera wrote:
    reminds me of that 'Friends' episode with Ross...*chuckle* was on teh telly during the week :)

Tut tut... :) :v:

when did you have the time to watch telly? *chuckle*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

440Hz I have a sneaking suspicion that I know you, I graduated last year elec eng. Would I know you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Bah, crap timetable, 3 9 o'clock starts, boo!

440 I demand that you still go to the beers, so long as you dont get caught 'fraternising' with students, you'll be fine!

Everyone knows 440Hz...she gets around ;).....just kidn!

cheeky comment there 440Hz about Kaimera..i like it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Bah, a 19 hr week, with 7 on a monday!! what were the people on when they designed that??

granted the rest of the week isnt too bad,but i'm still inflicted with 4 9'oclock starts... boo:mad:

ah well suppose just have to grin and bear it.

how the rest of business fare with theirs?

Fast_Mover wrote:
    Everyone knows 440Hz...she gets around ;).....just kidn!

cheeky comment there 440Hz about Kaimera..i like it!:D

aim to please :v:

lol..dont think you should have said that in public!
    be prepared to be getting PM's...:D

Ah sure we are all buddies here... no?

:woka:

Comp sys people; do we have to choose our modules NOW? I have no idea which to choose. Can I change if I don't like one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Rozie wrote:
    Comp sys people; do we have to choose our modules NOW? I have no idea which to choose. Can I change if I don't like one?
    Oh boy......eh you picked them bout week 3 i think and if you didnt you have to sort it out fast for tutorials and labs.....etc.....
    I know that some departments take a very dim look on people who dont register properly and thay can incur a fine if they feel like it. Get it sorted fast. Best bet is go up to student services all nicey nice and say your missing modules and that you did register and claim innocence

Nukem wrote:
    Oh boy......eh you picked them bout week 3 i think and if you didnt you have to sort it out fast for tutorials and labs.....etc.....
    I know that some departments take a very dim look on people who dont register properly and thay can incur a fine if they feel like it. Get it sorted fast. Best bet is go up to student services all nicey nice and say your missing modules and that you did register and claim innocence

What? Week3? THey don't tell you ****ing anything around here I'm sick of it. They can shove their fine up their arses. I have no idea which to pick anyway since they've told us nothing about what the modules are actually like.

Rozie wrote:
    What? Week3? THey don't tell you ****ing anything around here I'm sick of it. They can shove their fine up their arses. I have no idea which to pick anyway since they've told us nothing about what the modules are actually like.

Student services usually send out an email reminding people that they must choose and also to register the module. Also, I am not even in your class and knew. I think to say that they dont tell you is a little unfair, maybe you were missing that day, or didnt check your mail?

Admin here are not the best, but are not as bad as you think. I hope you get it sorted anyway.

They shouldn't rely on email thouh, they should send out letters for the important stuff. IT's too easy to miss an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

5 9:00 starts 26 hours a week, the spawn of satan himself set my timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Rozie wrote:
    They shouldn't rely on email thouh, they should send out letters for the important stuff. IT's too easy to miss an email.

Because when it says "important registration information" you tend to over look those emails...:v:
    cooperguy wrote:
    5 9:00 starts 26 hours a week, the spawn of satan himself set my timetable

Yours may have been set the spawn of satan but for his encore he gave me 2 hours more!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Rozie wrote:

Especially for a comp sys student :rolleyes: Although to be fair you really should have been reminded or told in lectures or what not, not just through email, but still

Anyways, as for module information

Semester 6

Three Core Modules

CS4416 Database Systems

CS4816 Artificial Intelligence

CS4146 Document Architectures

Two Stream Modules from:-

CS4156 Introduction to Applied Digital Signal Processing (CN and DM)

CS4556 Business Oriented Programming Languages (IS2)

CS4566 Requirements Engineering (SE)

CN = Computer Networks Stream

DM = Digital Media Stream

IS2 = Information Systems 2 Stream

SE = Software Engineering Stream

So, You need to pick DSP (With our good friend Paddy lecturing) if you want to do networks in 4th year. You do COBOL in the business orientated languages, so if you like programming this would be a good module if your good at that sort of thing (Which is why I avoided it!) AFAIK Req Eng is somewhat similar to the Systems analysis we did this year (But dont quote me on that)

Heres a page with PDF's for downloads so you can see what the modules are like, and what they contain http://www1.csis.ul.ie/curstudents/stream/

Advertisement