Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Marina

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

I think (or at least hope) that everyone respects your opinion wineman. What would concern me is your suggestion that the promotional literature form the developer dispelled the "misinformation" put about by others. In other wrods you were implying that SIPAR were telling the truth and people such as Deirdre de Burca or the GPDA were distorting it.

I am interested as to what the basis for this assumption would be.

Again it is a great pity that the promoters wouldnt come on here and debate the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

While this board has it's merits, debating such an issue (from their perspective) would do no good.

Fisrtly, this board is representative of a VERY small, albeit vocal, group of people and is not representative of the community as a whole.

Secondly, if one were to come on, I for one would lock this (and any other thread started on the topic) as I have a job. Moderating this board isn't it. This thread and the Charlesland development thread have become quite emotive at times and spending my freetime (and some work time) moderating posts and issuing warnings to posters isn't what I signed up to boards for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Yes, something I have learned from the rezoning from employment to residential of the lands behind Charlesland, and the Marina proposal is that other than one councillor, public debate or consultation is not something that Greystones Councillors are interested in. Especially not if they have to face somebody who may have the facts and are coherent on the issues. (why Jonege ran from the forum when questioned about the rezoning)

They do not have the courage of their convictions and show disdain for the electorate. Why else would they not survey residents, hold a public meeting or attend one of the many meetings held? That they hide behind Sispar and Zapi funded newsletters speaks for itself.

Reasonable consultation is all that was asked for and refused on both occassions.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Fisrtly, this board is representative of a VERY small, albeit vocal, group of people and is not representative of the community as a whole.

:D

In fairness you could say exactly the same about the Greystones Town council!

However I take your point. I'm sure running this thing and mediating between people is not easy and takes a lot of time. And its a great service even if not that many people use it.

Anyway as you say its not in the politicians interests. They never came near the GPDA forum.

Ok wineman back to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

My two cents - I cannot see how anybody who objected to the previous plans could support the revised plans. I think the main issue is the overall impact that the development will have on the character of the harbour. 4 Storey apartment blocks anywhere around the harbour or along the north beach are not in character with the harbour. It will destroy its authenticity. I can't help but feel that residents are being bullied into acceptance. The whole process is extremely unsavoury. I for one will be looking to support Ms Cawley (should she run) or Cllnr De Burca in the GE. Not only for the harbour issue, but for the issue of development & planning in Wicklow as a whole. It is about time people stood up to this developer driven sprawl that is destroying the Greater Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonege

Just to let you know I have not ran from the forum, but I did stop contributing after I gave a detailed explanation of the zoning adjustment in Charlesland under the heading of "More houses to be built"
    With the exception of a few most of the comments were very selective on aspects of the zoning adjustment, secondly the usual ****stuff on "brown envelopes" /vote them out/developers profits/email Enda Kenny (had the pleasure of introducing Enda to pupils of St David's yesterday on visit to that school and Chairing a public meeing with him in Arklow last night) and I was even told "I had lied to the community"
    The second major reason was that following on my explanation a dispute appeared to break out on the thread over who represents who?
    As anyone who knows me I will never run away from debate/ discussion and indeed I am one of the most available politicians in Greystones at all times.
    If people are really interested in the facts give me a shout (phone number in book) and I will be pleased to discuss any issue that concerns you.

I would have liked to continue to use the forum for an exchange of views but in view of some of the contributions that followed my last exchange I feel it its better to remove myself.

Just before I sign off there is another subject linked to the adjustment in zoning and being carried on a different thread "St Brigids School, I can confirm that discussions are taking place to relocate to Charlesland and there is a site visit by Dept of Education officials arranged for Charlesland in the next couple of weeks.
    AS I SAID EARLIER ANY RESIDENT CAN CONTACT ME ,NUMBER IN PHONE BOOK , George Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

The last post which appears to have an expletive deleted has absolutely nothing whatsover to do with the Marina topic, but that is understandable I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OK, thread locked till I can be arsed sorting through this sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote:
    OK, thread locked till I can be arsed sorting through this sh1te.
    I'll save you the effort Eoin.

Marcais has been warned.

Woodser has been given a temp ban for personal abuse.

Once again everyone, please read the Charter before posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement