Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you scream not growl...

Options
  • 06-01-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hey ive looked around anywhere for ips on helping me sing and all ive come across are guides on how to do death metal growling but what i want to learn is how to scream better...im talkin tom araya, phil anselmo kinda stuff...any tips or resources?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It will be hard to learn how to scream like that by following a guide, just listen to some Pantera Cds and try and scream like phil anselmo if this fails try this:

1. Put a small furry animal down you pants before you go on stage:D

2. Get a friend to kick you in the crotch before you go on stage:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

well that was the thing originally saw...thats growling...i want to know how to do the phil/tom thing.. i already know how to do tom pretty well its just trying to accomplish phil is quite a stonker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, other than that, no clue really.

Here's something that will make you wince though: Some Russian singer, now that's some scream! You might want to skip about two thirds of the way into it before you see what I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Here's something that will make you wince though: Some Russian singer, now that's some scream! You might want to skip about two thirds of the way into it before you see what I'm talking about.

Probably the highest male falsetto I've ever heard. That guy could easily do Aha's 'Take on Me'! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

whoa..high...a bit operatic...cant realy see me ever wanting to do that (its coz i cant)

binomate:- that guide was useful, especially the E thing i'll try it out the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Rustar wrote:
    Probably the highest male falsetto I've ever heard. That guy could easily do Aha's 'Take on Me'! :v:

You should hear Miljenko Matijevic, singer of Steelheart! Jesus, what a voice!!! if you can, download "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)"

Advertisement